Game-Labs Forum

Our Fleet Ships and their cannons

Sir Max Magic

Question

First question:

Does it make sense to manually equip Fleet Ships with cannons, so they would use the type of cannons we want them to use ?

Or does the AI use random ones as soon as the Fleet Ship leaves port, no matter which we had equipped ??

Second question:

Are Fleet Ships slower when we equip them manually with cannons ???

Reason for asking is, because if we do, the speed penality for equipping cannons gets shown...if we dont equip cannons, there is no penality shown :P

...or is this penality added as soon as the "empty" Fleet ship would leave port, according to the weight of the cannons, the AI decides to equip with ??

Thanks for answering

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Sir Max Magic said:

First question:

Does it make sense to manually equip Fleet Ships with cannons, so they would use the type of cannons we want them to use ?

Or does the AI use random ones as soon as the Fleet Ship leaves port, no matter which we had equipped ??

I have always been told by others that fleet ships are auto-equipped with their highest caliber allowed medium cannons and this will override anything you have installed on them.

Never thought about your second question, but I'd guess you'll get the speed penalty from the above mentioned auto-equipped guns.

Be nice to get definitive dev info on both counts.

4 hours ago, Angus McGregor said:

I have always been told by others that fleet ships are auto-equipped with their highest caliber allowed medium cannons and this will override anything you have installed on them.

Never thought about your second question, but I'd guess you'll get the speed penalty from the above mentioned auto-equipped guns.

Thx for the answer and yes, i thought the same...but as you mentionend, sometimes you find Longs on AI ships...would be nice, whether YOUR AI ships use them too and, as asked, what overrides what:

- your choice the default AI setting

- or the default AI setting whatever you decides to use

If the latter is true, i could spare me the time (and costs) to equip all the guns on my fleet ships with Longs (especially the chasers), so they are best in demasting enemy pursuers :P

But as you mentionend, would be nice to get definitive answer from devs (for both questions) !! :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angus McGregor said:

I don't know about that, but I was told it was what ever the AI use is what you ship will us.  Some AI's use longs and I think even a few cars....