Game-Labs Forum

Alter Event Timing on PVP2 US

There has been multiple bits of feedback across several threads about event timing on the PVP2 US server. While it is much improved the current timing of the port battle windows and the PVE events is not serving the player base well.

The timing of events on the PVP2 US server should be pushed back by at least one, if not two hours.

There are two examples that are currently quite painful for me personally as a US Pacific timezone player.

First the PVE events close at 9pm Pacific. Most weeknights, I can't reasonably get online before 8:00 or 8:30pm. This means that five out of seven days a week I can't attempt the PVE challenges, if I'm lucky I might get one shot at them.

Port battles are being repeatedly kicked over just after server restart and set for 0900 server time. This is in the middle of the night for practically the entire player-base. This may be due to Aus/NZ player activity (that would be a good thing), because people are simply evil and want 2am PBs so no one will show up to defend, or is happening because the people raising hostility we really trying for a 7pm to 10pm Pacific timed port battle but were blocked from triggering it. In most cases I believe it is the latter. PBs should be able to start as late as two hours before server maintenance.

Server maintenance is also poorly timed. It happens at midnight Pacific, it should happen one or two hours later. Though maybe you shouldn't change it because it repeatedly prompts me to go to bed instead of continuing to play past midnight.

• Like 1

Port battles need to have the same limit as the events.  The last port battle of the night you can set is at 8pm CST (6pm PST for you west cost guys).   This means ya'll can't really get any Port battle times if you have a normal life.   The last agro is 10pm to get a 8pm port battle slot.  All other agro is in limbo at 100% until after server reset which I believe takes off 12% of that.  So any port battles flips that happen after the server resets means some one came on and finished off that last 12%.  IF it's done before 5am it pushes it to 3am any way.   This really needs to be changed.  As updates will roll into the 2-4am time slot and that means a port battle can be half done before we get logged in. THis what happend the first time we attacked Cap Francis last week when the patch came out.  It was all ready 20 mins into the port battle before any one can even update and log into the game.   

The two current port battles where flipped for that time of 3am.  We saw that someone flipped the Danes port after server reset so we flipped Cap Francis too.  That way the US/BRIT/DUTCH alliance has to pick if they want to fight the Danes who they where flipping any way or have to fight the Pirates who are attacking them.  This is how alliance (verbal) really work folks.  We have had a standing alliance with the Danes for ever and we are helping them cause we know they are small and can't field 35+ like the US/BRIT/DUTCH can during there prime time.  So you pick your fights.   That and we have SEA/AUS players in our clan that can be on at that time and fight.  Don't like the time, than don't get up, recruit more AUS/SEA players and you will be able to defend. It's a world server after all.

With that the server times of no Port battles needs to be pushed back instead of being no agro from 0400 to 0900 UTC (that is 10pm CST to 3am CST) it should be moved to something like 2-4 hours back.  That will make sure US prime time can have battles and that no port battles happen during the 2 hour slot of the server maintenance down times.   We been complaining about this on another thread but DEVS have said little to no response.  Really think they don't give a crap about the US players even though 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The last port battle of the night you can set is at 8pm CST (6pm PST for you west cost guys).

Ugh, this is terrible. For me it means I'll never be in a port battle on a weekday unless it's holiday. It's a large part of game content that isn't accessible to me 71% of the time. It's a shame because the new port battle mechanic is so much fun.

I think this is something that is important to fix. My experience is that this game seems to attract a more mature crowd. People who tend to have jobs and responsibilities that don't afford them the ability to play games at 2am or be home for a 4pm port battle.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hodo said:

Let me be the first to say it...

You can always move to PVP1 ... LOL

No seriously PVP2 does need its own server schedule to make it more attractive for CAN-US players.  Everything on that server is a mirror of the EU server is just not fun.  

Wait, what?

PvP2 is just as much of a global server as PvP1 is, why should it get pro-US scheduling then? :rolleyes: That'd be like putting in pro-EU scheduling on PvP1.

2 hours ago, Aegir said:

Wait, what?

PvP2 is just as much of a global server as PvP1 is, why should it get pro-US scheduling then? :rolleyes: That'd be like putting in pro-EU scheduling on PvP1.

What cracks me up is that we have a US prime time server PvP event and it happens exactly when you can't have Port battles.  So hmmmmmm I thought these where global servers?   The whole thing is a hot mess that needs to be fixed but funny we haven't seen a word from the devs.  To be honest the main reason we are flipping these ports for an early morning Port battle is cause it's easier to set an alarm clock and get up for a early morning PB since you can't do one during US prime time unless you live on the East coast.   Really funny how they can be so fast to respond to other stupid little things, but they have yet to make  a single comment cause if we had our proper port battle timers it would mean more night flips on there server PvP1 (cause we all know PvP2 is the red headed step child they don't care about).  There is no such thing as a night flip on a global server.  Set your clocks or recruit more folks into your nation of other times and you won't have a problem.  We have a lot of AUS/SEA memebers in our clan and we work with them to get PB's on there time and they work with us to make the PB's on our times.   

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

So very, very true.

They dont seem to care about anything on the other side of the ocean, any of them.

Come up with guess about a stupid prey button and they are all over you, talk about real mechanics that need to be fixed with a hot patch and ASAP and they just ignore you.

21 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Or you get warnings for posting memes and videos.  

But again... bring up anything involving fair for US/AUS/NZ players.

Oh btw Eve has gone F2P recently... 

Hell I haven't logged into Eve in for ever.  Got two accounts, but prob should pop in just to do my training.  Never got big into that game as it was to much of a time sink when I was playing other games that where time sinks lol

I'll be honest when SC comes out I'll prob forget about this game if it hasn't improved much by that time.  It will be my new time sink.

• Like 1