Game-Labs Forum

Port battle mechanics and hostility lvls

I would suggest reintroducing the warbombing or flags as well as port battle timers. The reason why is that the current mechanic isn't working as intended and I doubt that a meaningfull solution can be created on basis of the current mechanics.

Atm the bombs have merely changed from warsupplies to a combination of warsupplies and hostility missions..

The tactic:

Make missions in the target area - enough to produce 50% hostility. Don't leave battlescreen before the warsupplies have been dropped. The points for hostility creation doesn't count before you leave battlescreen and thereby you avoid those nasty ppl who wants to prevent your hostility creation..

The dutch have done it twice now and even though I relish the chance to sink them in PB it doesn't change the fact that it's a bit cowardly and above all - against the intended purpose of hostility missions. As far as I know there's no real way to count hostility points created in battle instance before battle ends and therefore this mechanic can be used again and again. I applaud btw the dutch for finding this gap in the mechanic and I will greet them in appropriate fashion from my weatherdeck cannons :)

So as I don't recon there's much chance to fix this I'd recommend either returning to flagsystem (I'd be a bit dissappointed) or reintroducing warsupplies as a means to bump hostility to 100% as well as hostility missions.. Above all I think the defending side should be able to decide the window in which the PB can be created - a return to port timers that is. I know some aussies and US players will find it difficult, but the majority of the playerbase cannot - and should not - be forced to stay up at wee hours in the night to fight PBs at the attackers leisure.

Just because the generation of hostility needs improvement (I agree it's too easy for the attackers now) doesn't mean we need to bring back port timers. You're vacillating between extremes. In no type of combat game should the defender choose when the attack happens.

There are ways to tweak the ruleset to encourage PvP while hostility is being driven...this should be the goal, not denying some playerbases the opportunity to play the full game.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4.1.2017 at 3:22 AM, 'Sharpe said:

Just because the generation of hostility needs improvement (I agree it's too easy for the attackers now) doesn't mean we need to bring back port timers. You're vacillating between extremes. In no type of combat game should the defender choose when the attack happens.

There are ways to tweak the ruleset to encourage PvP while hostility is being driven...this should be the goal, not denying some playerbases the opportunity to play the full game.

Defender doesnt choose when the attack appears,if the timer is set. Those are only to secure the highest possible numbers in own playerbase in case of attack.

US in this game drives hostility in worst possible time, on an EU server, and not showing up in a PB.

And about "encouraging PvP" while rising hostility...LOL. You believe in Santa Clause i guess.