Game-Labs Forum

[SMS] Reichsflotte (Dutch PvP2)

29 minutes ago, Longdong Silver said:

What was the emergency meeting about?

Were going Dutch. I will send a private message linking to the video for you.

Make sure when you do get online if you do not have the Discord app installed or have installed Teamspeak yet that you keep in touch with OwenBDead. He will be managing things on the Great Britain side of the transferring of ships, gold, and material.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2017 at 3:44 PM, Davos Seasworth said:

Were going Dutch. I will send a private message linking to the video for you.

Make sure when you do get online if you do not have the Discord app installed or have installed Teamspeak yet that you keep in touch with OwenBDead. He will be managing things on the Great Britain side of the transferring of ships, gold, and material.

Oh man! Out of town on business for the last two weeks, so I haven't had a chance to play. 

Ill look to get caught up when I get back home this weekend. 

• Like 2

Things might look bad right now fellows but do not worry. We will get through this. Pirates have thrown similar tantrums before and bullied anyone that attempted to oppose them simply because they were not getting their way which in many cases are their own faults. They want us Dutch to go and take join up with the Swedes, Danes, French, and Spanish alliance. They also apparently want to toss our supposed "leader" @OneEyedSnake to the curb. I simply say "piss off." We are a faction of many leaders not just one. I am not going to be bullied by the likes of those worthless scumbags. I do not expect you guys will either. France sure maybe down the line but not with the pirates being their hooligan selves at the moment and how young most of the French are currently. Spanish are too far away and too few to help us and our small numbers. Props and best wishes to the Spanish @Teutonic.  Danes we will never ally with as long as they are close with pirates and are helping the Swedes. The Swedes I rather be one ported than to be allied with those racist Nazi trash. So we fight on. They can continue to treat everyone like crap but we will not give in. 

Edited by Davos Seasworth
  • Like 2

Great job everyone for doing most of the hostilities on Caracas. It was much appreciated with the other Dutch. Also thank you to everyone that could make it to the port battle even if you could not join.

We are open to recruiting anyone that wants to join a very open community that is the Dutch.

• Like 1

As a senior member of the Dutchlands we really truly do appreciate the incredibly well timed and perfectly ground out Caracas you allowed us to take back! O7 Truly proud to have you guys aboard! It opens up a lot of avenues of new tactics for our nation that we will certainly use to our advantage. 

Side note for Lord Admiral Lord Nelson, I still have your Ocean, we should schedule a time to pick up, seditious just hasn't been on late nights recently for me to get it to him to get it to you. 

• Like 3

Few of us Dutch are taking a step back from Naval Action. Were simply exhausted and do not want to burn ourselves out of NA for months on end. So a couple of us have started a Europa Universalis IV game

Anyone wanting to join is able to. Just contact me. 

• Like 2

I fully support the proposed reformation! It would add a degree of complexity yes, but I think it would make this fine community of ours more appealing to new players and also add a dynamic of representation from the masses in where our great clans and war efforts should be focused.

Also, an elected head of state is not a bad idea. A representative for us all in the open world, atop diplomats to officially represent the nation to both our friends and our foes.

Forgive me if I'm stepping on internal clan politics but it appears that you are talking about the Dutch in general, not just of your clan...

I'm not a member of your clan but agree in principal that the Dutch need some sort of elected leader who at least serves as a point of contact for information. I'd urge that discussion and election process take place not just on Team Speak, or if it does, there is more than one session so we can get maximum participation and input from our playerbase. One of the biggest challenges I've faced since I joined PVP and the Dutch is there is rarely a consistent flow of information so it is difficult to determine what, if any, strategy we're pursuing. The Dutch Steam website is little used when it could be a great resource for notifying members on Port Battles, PB Results, Combat feedback, Strategy, etc.

Do we have any clue the size of the Dutch population currently on PVP1? Is that population mostly European based or might we expect to grow in numbers after the merge? For that matter, how many of us will continue to be Dutch after the merge?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Farrago said:

Forgive me if I'm stepping on internal clan politics but it appears that you are talking about the Dutch in general, not just of your clan...

The reformation is directed towards Dutch Republic as a whole. The second part is a public statement which we hope others join in outside the clan. 

I'm not a member of your clan but agree in principal that the Dutch need some sort of elected leader who at least serves as a point of contact for information. I'd urge that discussion and election process take place not just on Team Speak, or if it does, there is more than one session so we can get maximum participation and input from our playerbase. One of the biggest challenges I've faced since I joined PVP and the Dutch is there is rarely a consistent flow of information so it is difficult to determine what, if any, strategy we're pursuing. The Dutch Steam website is little used when it could be a great resource for notifying members on Port Battles, PB Results, Combat feedback, Strategy, etc.

I agree communication is in my opinion subpar for the Dutch Republic as a whole. My clan uses discord to stay in comes when offline. You can ask @_Masterviolin how well it works. I been attempting to push for one for the Republic as well but there are still individuals that believe TS is good enough. I do plan on setting up a meeting to discuss setting up a non-political form of leadership sometime this week. 

Do we have any clue the size of the Dutch population currently on PVP1? Is that population mostly European based or might we expect to grow in numbers after the merge? For that matter, how many of us will continue to be Dutch after the merge?

It is something we must prepare for as well. Sooner the better. I have a feeling that the one person clans will have to merge.

If you wish to join our clan you are always welcome.

• 2 weeks later...