Game-Labs Forum

[SMS] Reichsflotte (Dutch PvP2)

In the next few weeks with war looming around the corner new goals and orders well be presented to the Reichsflotte. We must prepare for the future and everyone will be able to take part. There will be a series of posts everyone will be linked to via in game chat and steam group. Official titles will be given out as well to officers. So keep your eyes and ears open comrades.

Edited by PolishMartyr
  • Like 1

As of today we have a shift of objectives and updates on previous objectives. 

1. Pirates will be avoided altogether. Only time we will deal with pirates is if they send an invitation to have a respectable battle or a port battle. No point in trying to reason with thugs. We will not give them what they want on their terms which is open world pvp.

2. We will continue to uphold the policy of reverting the damage caused in the past. We will attempt to discuss resolving wars in a more gentlemen like manner. This will exclude pirates who deserve nothing. 

3. We will maintain the alliance with the US. We attempted to change the alliance status but the pirates who would benefit from this have become just another obsticle. 

4. We will attempt to keep a neutral or war state with the Dutch. If an alliance does occur we will not support the Dutch at all. 

5. We do have a scheduled meeting with the major clans of the factions on the 29th. GB will be meeting before-hand to discuss the goals and to be on the same page.

6. We will currently be ranking up our younger players and stockpiling. Ask Bentclown for resources he needs.

Edited by PolishMartyr
  • Like 1

I would like to state off I and no one at SMS have an issue with you personally Texas or they style you play in Open World. Frankly, players such as yourself and other pirates such as Wonderbread, we applaud and enjoy playing against you in PvP. You are however not the entire pirates and the majority of the pirates do not play the way you do. I do not care however much for your tone right now. If aggravated go act like a pissed off High school child somewhere else. If it was someone other than you that came to this thread with such a post I would have absolutely ignored it. Since it is you however, you make valid points however poorly presented, and I do have respect for you, I will reply. 

33 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

So a bunch of ya'll get sunk in the OW and your going to run to US shirt tails.  That alliance doesn't help one bit if you get  caught in the OW.

It is one of the goals of the pirates to end it. We will no longer make an effort to see it happen. Will we vote for it to continue? More than likely no. But we wont waste our efforts and time bringing it down. 

41 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It's not like we are zerging your ports.  We only been attacking one that we had before hand (ex french port).  

You have zerged KPR in the last few weeks on a couple occasions. Not bothered by those instances however. They were good fights against actually good pirates and not people just looking for an easy PvP.

44 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I was listening to the TS while ya'll where in those fights and sounds like the guys made a lot of mistakes too.   

Was only on their TS once at the 1st defense of Windward this month. I am unofficially banned from their TS simply based on the fact I wish to record the battle comms. 

56 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Definitely help your new guys out.  

We have been working on that. Hard though when you are attempting to help them when pirates decide to show up and in the Shallows or the other location we work combat missions with them. 

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The best way to get better is to keep fighting and learning.  

We are working on that but the pirates, unless they actually want to have a good fight, will not be part of it.

Hey guys. First off, I don't want this to turn in to an extremity measuring contest. Let me address straightaway that I have no doubt both of you guys would sink me when it comes to an even fight. I've read both posts and you guys have fair points, some of which I myself agree with. That said, both of you posted what could be considered confrontational messages on a clan page.  A more appropriate route would be to either begin a different thread or contact SMS in-game. I want to be clear that this page was made to showcase SMS and it's goals,  and it wasn't any of our intentions to try to aggravate you guys by stating our clan goals on this thread. If you don't like what you see, you don't have to stay on this page. No one here is trying begin an argument over in-game politics, and I would ask you to refrain from posting rants that don't concern SMS. There are other places you can do that where you can initiate a constructive dialog. Velhelm was not trying to draw you guys into a debate, but rather update SMS and people that are considering joining SMS on the clan goals, so they know beforehand what we intend to accomplish.

Edited by Agnew
Repeated word
  • Like 1

On 2017-01-21 at 4:42 AM, PolishMartyr said:

I would like to state off I and no one at SMS have an issue with you personally Texas or they style you play in Open World. Frankly, players such as yourself and other pirates such as Wonderbread, we applaud and enjoy playing against you in PvP. You are however not the entire pirates and the majority of the pirates do not play the way you do. I do not care however much for your tone right now. If aggravated go act like a pissed off High school child somewhere else. If it was someone other than you that came to this thread with such a post I would have absolutely ignored it. Please see the comment Koltes made below.  The only one aggravated seems to be you after one little event of folks fighting on the OW.  Specially right next to a major econ hub for every one and hot spot for PvP.  Why you think they put the PvP event above it?  You might want to take a break man if it's getting you that worked up.  Hell I done it a few times and over our own clan mates convos.  As we don't see eye to eye all the time. Since it is you however, you make valid points however poorly presented, and I do have respect for you, I will reply. 

It is one of the goals of the pirates to end it. We will no longer make an effort to see it happen. Will we vote for it to continue? More than likely no. But we wont waste our efforts and time bringing it down.   We have never said ya'll had to go to war, but what I keep saying is folks should pick up the small nations and help them instead of being the top three big nations in one alliance. It's not healthy for the game.  

You have zerged KPR in the last few weeks on a couple occasions. Not bothered by those instances however. They were good fights against actually good pirates and not people just looking for an easy PvP. 1-5 guys going out to your capital is not a zerg.  A whole nation doing that than yese, but a few guys searching for PvP is not a zerg.   If you see a few pirates out there than gather your forces and go on the attack.  And yes many times we get some great fights, sadly it's more from the lower level guys and newbs.  We even help them out when in those fights. Can't even count how many times I stopped fighting to show some one how to get out of irons and than we went right back to fighting.  I give your clan credit cause your going out of your way to help these guys and it's why we respect ya'll.   Keep up the good work.  We need more clans like yours that helps the new guys.

Was only on their TS once at the 1st defense of Windward this month. I am unofficially banned from their TS simply based on the fact I wish to record the battle comms. I was talking about our own clan TS as I was in the room when they fought your guys last night.  I would of been involved in the same fight with a smaller ship but I was moving stuff to make ships for folks that have ordered them.  Ships for a smaller Nation that needs craft able ships to fight by the way.

We have been working on that. Hard though when you are attempting to help them when pirates decide to show up and in the Shallows or the other location we work combat missions with them. Keep up the good work, but if you want to match up some good fights let us know.  Though places like La Tort and La Navas wwe been counter ganked so many times by US/Brit SOL we roll heavy when we are out numbered so expect that in those areas.   We aren't affraid to loose ships cause most of us have so many in surplus or supplies to make more.  Not to mention all the ships we captured. I even started to bring out 1 dura ships to play with and have fun....no mods on them either.

We are working on that but the pirates, unless they actually want to have a good fight, will not be part of it.  KEEP ON FIGHTING.  I still say I'm an average player and I have a lot to learn in game.   Even though I been playing since EA started.  The way to best learn is to get out there and fight.  and remember unless we declare war with some one on our vote system.  We can join either side of the fight.  So if ya'll where to say fight one nation and we come along we could join your side and help out.  That is what we do with the Dans to help them out.  So some times it's good to have allies other than the same nation over and over.

Edit:

Removed response/quote to hidden post. - Moderator Team

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PolishMartyr said:

4. We will attempt to keep a neutral or war state with the Dutch. If an alliance does occur we will not support the Dutch at all. 

You will not support your germanic relatives? This is blasphemy in and of itself! :lol: 

-If and more than likely when we do ally with GB in order to keep our borders secured during our war with sweden, denmark, and what looks to be france soon (hopefully they dont act on their newly found alliance) we would like to remind you that working together will be furthering several agendas we believe that we share in common. 

-As you understand with Sweden, the actions of a few individuals should be focused only on those individuals. Our quarrel with sweden at this point is only with non RISE members and solely kept to encourage pvp on the server and grow our nation. This has been successful. 

-Even the danes have set aside their hatred for Benny, i am sure you can do the same for the few individuals that were just in major combat blood lust, if not i understand, but do not condemn our whole nation by it. 

We look forward to seeing you on the high seas, oh and btw, not 10 minutes after we saw each other last i captured benny twice, and his fleet ships twice within 5 minutes of each battle with him. The best place to find non RISE swedes would not be in their territory but ours. They are currently on a massive offense with their backing of 30 active danish players. o7 Happy hunting, and may the winds be with you. Unless you are trying to kill me. Then may the winds blow your masts over onto your favorite powder monkey. 

Edited by OneEyedSnake
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

Are you lagging in this battle, or is that a vid compression issue? It kept stuttering :/

Twitch

Is not perfect but it does not put a strain on my system and I dont have a set time limit on recording.

Not seeing that before i removed the video.

Edited by Marrius
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Latron said:

Coming from a different pirate, I've heard that your clan does not support CKA and how they control over the Brit nation. That's makes you cool in my book. :)

shhhhh_keep_it_down_walking_dead.gif

I have no issue with CKA honestly. There are some decent folk from there. What I do not agree with is a few of their stagnate policies that are not helping anyone.

Edited by Marrius
  • Like 1

Speaking of pirates....

So I initiated a post captain mission last night of Savanna, and it started as an evenly matched 6v6 (we had nearly identical ships per side). About 5 min in, I was squaring off with another Indefatigable, when a Tric appeared out of nowhere at my dead 6 manned by Storm Crow. 

I checked the battle status screen and noticed that the bot Pirates had 7 ships now to our 6. How is this possible? 

First off, how did Storm Crow find the battle and get into it? It was well off savanna, and seems unlikely he stumbled accross it. Pardon my inexperience, but can player manned Pirates jump into missions at will? Can anyone?

Trying to level up via missions to evenly fight Pirates, but can't even do that in PvE missions now? This is scenario is getting old. 

On the verge of avoiding OW all together if I'm not rolling with at least one other clan member, if not more. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Longdong Silver said:

Speaking of pirates....

So I initiated a post captain mission last night of Savanna, and it started as an evenly matched 6v6 (we had nearly identical ships per side). About 5 min in, I was squaring off with another Indefatigable, when a Tric appeared out of nowhere at my dead 6 manned by Storm Crow. 

I checked the battle status screen and noticed that the bot Pirates had 7 ships now to our 6. How is this possible? 

up to a certain point if the Battle Ratings are uneven a player may entire if the correct faction.

Longdong Silver,

The timings are more critical than you think. Your mission in PvP is open for 5 minutes to other players.

Some pointers may help, use the aerial view first [Home] twice then [z] then middle mouse button. Look around first before entering especially from the wind view point.

5 minutes with the wind you can move along way. Secondly Sav La Mar missions is a popular spot so to speak. Turn the tables if you were a pirate what would you do...?

sit in a hidden alcove just before Montego Bay or just off the horizon and do the aerial view. Wind in your favour sit and wait. Chances are you never checked beyond your line of sight and entered. All he had to do was go full sail and bingo... Try it sit off the coast round the corner off the line of sight and wait. See on long it is before a player plods along.

make sense?

Norfolk.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2017 at 8:42 AM, Marrius said:

shhhhh_keep_it_down_walking_dead.gif

I have no issue with CKA honestly. There are some decent folk from there. What I do not agree with is a few of their stagnate policies that are not helping anyone.

This shit is actually funny lol

• Like 1

Marrius and all at SMS clan

I thought I'd give you a heads up as you sort of inspired me to clean up my notes on a topic. One of you was surprised an enemy was able to enter your mission and it was a complete shock having not seen a thing in OW.... I hope this helps....

STEAM Guides

"The Magic Pirate and the Lost Mission" by Norfolk nChane

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=855697559

kind regards

Norfolk.

• Like 1