Game-Labs Forum

Blueprints Santa Sicilia and others

Donjuan Dimarco

Question

Hello dear Devs,

thank you for implementing the nice new features. Especially the events. They are much better than the former events which didn't make any sense in my personal oppinion. This is leading me to another question: Why the Blueprints of Santa Secilia, Indefatigable or Endymion haven't implemented yet. Is there a special reason for it?

Iam looking forward to your answer and thank you for this wonderful game.

Best Regards

Donjuan

7 answers to this question

Santa Cecilia is probably the best 5th rate allrounder at the moment (Personally I like the Surp better in most aspects, but the surps masts just snap so easily), if the BP was easily accessable, everyone would be sailing in them. I think it's a good idea to keep it something more 'special' than other ships, but right now it's just literally impossible to obtain one. There should be a small dropchance from shipchests, like endymion/indefatigable IMO.

• Like 1

I think they have even more ships ready but they keep them for until the crafting is reworked or after the release.

So now we test the main type of ships, and at the release, we will have choices between multiple ships not that differents in term of gameplay.

Like maybe adding other schooners or sloops, another frégate de 12 (french hermione), santa cecilia, etc.. after the release.

59 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Santa Cecilia is probably the best 5th rate allrounder at the moment

It is silly, in fact, and I dearly hope they don't plan on selling it as a premium in its current state as it would justify all the criticisms raised about premium ships.

-grossly over-armed and over-crewed (# of guns and men versus design), yet excellent all-around sailing performance.

-small 12pdr frigate, closer to Surprise in reality, but has hull thickness boosted beyond a 24pdr heavy frigate, which is exaggerated by well-sloped sides, and shares mast thickness with large 12pdr (Belle Poule, Essex) and standard 18pdr frigates (Frigate).  She should really fall between Surprise and Belle Poule / Frigate in most regards, but is actually better or equal to Frigate in every way except 18s (which because of inflated hull thicknesses and stacking thickness bonuses are greatly devalued).

-about the only thing to say the other side of the equation is that her gundeck carronade armament is illogically nerfed to only allow 24s, perhaps to compensate a bit for all the other nonsense.

Edited by akd
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Essex is a 18lb Frigate.   

And probably one of the best all around frigates in the game, to me.

Essex was built as a large 12pdr frigate and later rearmed with 32pdr carronades. After capture, the British rearmed her with 18pdrs, but never sent her on a cruise.  She would have been a smallish 18pdr frigate at the time.