Game-Labs Forum

Port battles and possible raid bolt on's

Everything I post here is my personal opinion and suggestions and are not in anyway the views or feelings of my clan or nation!

Now that is out of the way I'd like to suggest the following.

1) port battles entry to be restricted by crew numbers. 

2) alliances to be adjusted on a by monthly timescale and directly controlled by the data available to our development team.

3) raid port battles to help influence rvr and pvp.

Okay not for greater details. Point 1 to limit the maximum crew Size available to any nation when entering into the port battle. This means a nation needs pre organise which ship combos will be suitable. 

Point 2, iv already stated this but I feel that the current alliance system benefits the big nations and hinders the smaller one. Once any nations population goes above say 50% of total server population that nation looses access to the allie system. Instead gets to pick an nuteral allie to use ports But looses the nuteral allie as reinforcement in port battles. You can fight on there behalf.

When a nation's population hits 35% it can only have 1 allie and 1 nuteral allie.

This idea will help other smaller population nations ballance the port battle coverage.

Point 3, open up raids to help push hostility creating more rvr. All region's in game have 1 capital and 3-5 smaller ports. These smaller ports have become almost pointless bystanders, opening these ports up a raid portbattle brings back some importance.

Each sub port in each region has a certain 12 hr raid window (for all timezones) once a raid is declared a 24hour set up window starts (showing all  in the server where it will be taking place). The raid takes place as a standard tower port battle (less Dev work) if the port battle is won the winners claim access to the port along with the regions owner for a limited timescale for example 48hrs. Any raided port automatically grants the raiding nation 25% hostility buff (that cannot be lowered while raided port stands). 

This system will help ports to be contested and generate rvr and pvp.

Simple restrictions can be placed on raiding for example only three or four regions can be raided at anytime by any one nation. Any amount of nations can raid a port in any one region at anytime.

What do you think? It needs fleshing out etc 

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 2