Game-Labs Forum

UGCW Feedback v0.70+

Nick Thomadis

13 hours ago, Don't Escrow Taxes said:

So you're saying right-click is actually a different movement order than drawing a line? 

If you right click on a unit yes, its an attack order, otherwise no it's the same. An attack order will always result in a unit forming in line, even if the targeted unit is miles away. However if you 'move' the unit to a far enough location it will form in column and will therefore be faster and loose less condition

Or maybe I didnt understand your problem correclty.... Are you saying that right clicking anywhere will result in a slower move than using the line-drawing feature ? That never happened to me though...

Alright. Just finished the CSA "hard" campaign.

I like the AI, mostly, though it is way too cautious IMO. At Fredericksburg, it never tried to outflank me in the North though there was a great opportunity to do so. Ofc, this is close to history, but the whole battle was hardly a challenge. I lost 7k against 70k mostly watching.

I don't know how the AI  works but here are two suggestions :

• The AI should be able to to check local superiority and take the decision to charge in. There are often instances where the AI is 10vs1 against a fortified point which it could easily overrun by mass charging.
  • The AI should make checks on fortifications. When the enemy holds like 4-5 full units in fortifications, the AI should try to outmaneuver the thing, mostly.

Playing HARD campaign feels more like playing like NORMAL in the new system. Overall, I recall the 0.68 campaign was harder. It's my first CSA campaign with 100% Victories.

Very addictive game. My wife hates me because of you Darth ! :D

8 hours ago, Col_Kelly said:

Or maybe I didnt understand your problem correclty.... Are you saying that right clicking anywhere will result in a slower move than using the line-drawing feature ? That never happened to me though...

Yes.  If you click on a unit and use the left mouse button to draw a line to a destination, the unit will get there faster than if you were to instead right-click on the destination instead of drawing a line. 

Just now, Hitorishizuka said:

Are you sure about this? Old campaign, but since the patch I beat all the battles prior to 2nd Bull Run and I have no adjustment.

It did in mine anyway :). You are sure you are looking in the right place? 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/97222901299129198/BEB8189A2E5DC143E6B247D8970D2695EA78CB65/

EDIT 22/12/2016 HOTFIX 3
HotFix rev17653 Uploaded
- Reduced AI army size penalty that was caused from victories because it could cause unbalanced and very easy battles
- Fixed a couple of wrong battle effects (for example morale should be reduced, not size of AI army)
- Increased AI aggressiveness and persistence to keep objectives. Previously the AI would evade and withdraw too frequently making battles too easy

Please note that if you save during a battle, some fixes regarding Corps deployment or dynamic battle effects may not be applied. Better you use a previous save taken in camp.

You have to restart Steam to receive the update fast.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

- Increased AI aggressiveness and persistence to keep objectives. Previously the AI would evade and withdraw too frequently making battles too easy

Oh, well that'll help, I've been wondering about that. The AI has been withdrawing en masse when faced with parity and so it was very easy to just walk across the map, hem them across a border, and shoot them down almost unconstested.

Still can't see dynamic battles effects after some newly played battles. And yeah, I saved dfuring battles, because I am a Let's Player and can't upload 2 hrs videos. Does this mean I won't enjoy the effects of the update in my current campaign ever?

Edited by Lif

Hey darth, Could be get  graphic options? Like to be able to turn off effects,dead bodys and reduce briagde unit size? Maybe that would help increases fps for people who have low end specs and still let you guys make huge battles rather then cutting up battles into small parts.

I'm hoping that casualty rates decline at some point. I haven't played a campaign yet, but in every engagement it seems like one side or both suffer enormous, crippling losses. No matter how conservatively I plan my strategies, the smallest engagement sees losses well over double what would have occurred historically. 

This more or less makes it impossible to use the historical strategies in battles, because I have to essentially decimate units. In UG:G, even losses sometimes felt a little higher than historically, it was never this dramatic.

By contrast at this point I feel as if I'm leading some sort of soviet style human wave attack every time I have to take the offensive. It's kind of demoralizing. 

The game itself, even at this early phase, has the makings of a fantastic game, but I hope this gets rectified. 

• Like 1

I have noticed a bug with the names in the union brigades from the 1st starting division of the 1st corps, the ones led by Loomis and Walton etc. When the officers are killed or wounded and a new officer is created the brigades retain the names of their original officer. Example if Loomis is killed and I replace him with sherman the brigade is still named Loomis.

Played through 3 union campaigns and this is true for all 3. Only applies to the brigades you start with, new or swapped in brigades don't suffer from this bug. Reported using bug feature as well..

patch is great so far, i haven't made it to fredericksburg yet, as i started over and i'm a bit slow in playing, but i still "lose" Shiloh due to the damn union being able to hold the Hornets Nest, it doesn't matter if i take the Church or the other parts of the field, i'm stuck with a loss because one point is hard to take.... If i could somehow get my units from the left flank and move them right(since they have better weapons i'm assuming) i could easily take it, but nevertheless i still have not pulled off a win because of that. as for malvern hill i actually did better than my first time, don't know why or how i just did. I'm working on 2nd Manassas and should be done with it by tomorrow.

23/12/2016 Hotfix Patch 0.71
We just deployed an important fix that addresses a potential game freeze during a battle that could make it impossible to continue and finish. If this problem persists please report to us by pressing the F11 button. Thank you for the help and understanding!

You have to restart Steam to receive the update fast.