Game-Labs Forum

UGCW Feedback v0.70+

Nick Thomadis

Retreat direction is really starting to drive me nuts.  I had thought this was fixed mostly, but I've been running into it like crazy of late.  Brigades will rout towards the enemy and through their lines into their rear.  The frequency is becoming game-breaking.  I have F11'd every time - hope it can be fixed because it is a major distraction. 

• Like 2

I think the solution for the LOS issue could be that realistic los for all units is available as a difficulty option like a check box at the start of the game or comes automatically on major general and legendary difficulty. Personally I want to play the game with a realistic LOS for my units but I find it difficult to differentiate between hills and flat ground on some maps. Maybe a colour coded overlay could be added for artillery going from red- low chance to hit up to green - high chance to hit.

I'll just throw in some random feedback that an in-battle autosave function (every 20 minutes or so) would be appreciated. Playing an hour+ long Grand Battle, not needing to save, then having it freeze and crash with literally 15 minutes of in-game time to go with attendant progress lost is incredibly frustrating.

• Like 3

Love the game.Before I realized I have almost 100 hours on Steam.When did that happened? No idea. Best tactical game in years. But since it is a feedback thread:

1. Please devs do not temper with accuracy and damage. It is fine as it is. Don't break the game (for me at least) with last, damaging patch like you did UG Gettysburg.

2. If it's at all possible add a flag to the units. Not as an icon but as an animated sprite carried by one of the soldiers. Should add some more "life" to the units.

3. Consider changing a sound of charging CSA soldiers. Rebel yell perhaps ...;) And maybe add some shouts of joy while capturing VP (I know: too much of Sid Meiers Gettysburg/Antietam).

4. Add a ton more of smaller battles. They are great. For balance sake not all must give a career point as a reward. As far as I am concerned they may all be fictional.

Keep up a great work!

• Like 1

This is probably the nerdiest request possible, but could someone fix the portraits in "camp"? A good deal of the general's portraits look nothing like them, and the a fair number of the rifles are presented with an incorrect portrait (such as the P1853 Enfield).

Because the devs clearly don't have enough to do, you know?

Feedback update #...well I can't remember...let go with 5.

1.   I really appreciate you making different kinds of craters.  My suggestion is to go one step further if the game can handle it.  Have different craters depending on what kind of shell.  Small craters like we have now for solid shot.  Then maybe make those same craters blackened to shot the explosive charges.  Then long swaths of torn up ground from canister fire.  Could look really cool if the game engine can handle it.  Maybe also have forests get torn up as the battle continues.  Like instead of a crater appearing inside a forest, one of its trees changes to be all torn up.  It would be a great visual I think players would love if as a battle winds down to see the destruction it has wrought on the landscape.  I love seeing piles of enemy in front of my line with craters all over the place.

2.   Please please please bring back custom unit grouping like in UGG.  When I want to move a division, I might not want to necessarily move its artillery, skirmishers, and cavalry too.

3.  This was a problem in UGG as well, but what is up with units moving around between days of a different battle?  I assume there must be a reason but it is so frustrating to have my line at Shiloh or 2nd Manassas all set up and strong, then the next day comes and my units are all over the freaking place and now the enemy may be attacking my weakest units that I had tucked safely away back behind the line.  So frustrating.  This is especially true playing the Union in Shiloh because on the 2nd day the Confeds attack Pittsburg landing almost immediately after the second day begins and I have not had time to bring the units that were on the line at the end of the first day back to the line before the enemy routes my weakened brigades.

4.  is there a way to lower to volume when in the Camp screen?  "SIR YES SIR!" gets really annoying when you hear it 20 times and its louder than 50 guns going off at once.  Just saying I have to turn my volume down on the Camp screen so that I don't break my ears while wearing headphones from that stupid private yelling at me.

That's all for now.  Thanks for listening.  300 hours down so far.

• Like 1