Game-Labs Forum

Ultimate General: WW1

AegorBlackfyre

Hello generals,

my question is this: do you think this engine could support a WW1 game? basically most wars have been represented in video games but world war 1 is very difficult to pull because of the trench war but then again i would kill to play Ultimate General: WW1.

Edited by AegorBlackfyre

In short : I think not. 

Formed masses of men standing shooting one another are not up to that age firepower (even before machinegun are taken on account) even in first 1914 stages or forgotten theaters.  

Maybe an austro-prussian,  french-prussian or Crimean war could fit.

Edited by JJPettigrew

I would love to see "Ultimate General: American Revolution" as the next game.  I would enjoy playing the British and attempt to reclaim the colonies.... it would also mean I can keep referring to my enemy as "Those damn rebs".  But if everyone is tired of American history battles I think Napoleon's campaigns would be awesome to fight all while keeping the same concepts of the civil war game.

On 20/12/2016 at 2:20 PM, JJPettigrew said:

In short : I think not. 

Formed masses of men standing shooting one another are not up to that age firepower (even before machinegun are taken on account) even in first 1914 stages or forgotten theaters.  

Maybe an austro-prussian,  french-prussian or Crimean war could fit.

You might have done it on purpose but your profile pic represents William D. Pender

Here is Pettigrew 

Pettigrew_James_Johnson_Archive_org_nort

On 22/12/2016 at 2:38 PM, Col_Kelly said:

You might have done it on purpose but your profile pic represents William D. Pender

Here is Pettigrew 

Oh I knew that the photo did not match the name...  I choosed  Pettigrew as nick by his loose bonds with spain  ....then searching for a image found this (pender) one....who happens to have an astonishing phisical similarity with myself so as to be an ancestor.....I could not resist ^_^

Edited by JJPettigrew

I think (and would like to see at some point in the future) that the warfare in UG:Civil War has more similarities with the Napoleonic Wars. Just imagine Waterloo treated to similar if not the same amount of detail as Gettysburg got? How awesome would that be?

Perhaps even at some point in even more distant future, I'd like to see some more ancient battles from the Medieval ages, or Roman Republic/Empire. I realize it would have to be a complete new game, new mechanics, new everything (well hopefully the visual style would remain similar, because for me, what we have now is perfect) so it would take a lot of time.

• Like 1