Game-Labs Forum

Game ends abruptly when I am kicked out of steam

Beserko

My son and I share an account (he is a shooter fan) When he gets on I sometimes get kicked out. It just says close game exiting steam and I lose everything.

Can I not play this game without an Internet connection?

There must be another way.

• Like 2

Another way would be that you and your son have separated accounts, because when sharing an account only one user can have a game opened. Also it 's an MMO where you connect to online servers so you NEED the internet connection. So I don't know if you have internet problems but it seems that not using that shared account with games at the same time would be the way to go or get another one

34 minutes ago, AegorBlackfyre said:

this game doesn't need internet connection and it's sure as hell ain't an MMO, must be a different problem.

How can you play it without internet connection?? I mean how can you connect to the servers? And it is sort an MMO if you want to see it or not dude but ok XD 

I have made a shortcut to ultimategeneral.exe. from the Steam folder. The program automatically tries to connect to steam,

As to my sons account and I ......well I have had an account with steam since they started. Somewhere in that time he jumped into my account(probably middle school). Between us we have bought over 100 games. He is specifically a shooter (he is a Marine now) with some interest in strategy games. I just play strategy games because I stink at shooters.

Do I have to "buy" all my games back if I start another account? 

How is that fair. If you do not have steam then you can not play Ultimate General?

There are many times an INTERNET connection is not available. (like on a long plane flight)

• Like 2

an update, I seem to be able to start in offline mode!  I unplugged the network cable to see what happens. It tries to go to steam from the start and when that doesn't work a screen pops up asking if you want to connect or start in offline mode. Guess my problems solved (I think)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beserko said:

My son and I share an account (he is a shooter fan) When he gets on I sometimes get kicked out. It just says close game exiting steam and I lose everything.

Can I not play this game without an Internet connection?

There must be another way.

Steam is an online store. You have to connect to the internet to purchase and download the games, and to make sure they're functional. However, once the game is stable you can go offline while your son uses the internet to lay waste to his enemies. 

1. Establish internet connection, download game and all DLC/patches, make sure it is stable and playable connected to the internet

2. Go into Steam:

• Press the 'Steam' menu button in the top right corner of the Steam screen
  • Select 'Go Offline', Steam will reboot in an offline mode. 

It is a good idea to always connect to Steam before playing, to ensure you have the latest content.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AegorBlackfyre said:

mate i think the problem is that you shouldn't start your game from the  ultimategeneral.exe since it always bugs out (for me) but rather the "SmartSteamLoader.exe" try and run it from there and see what happens.

I have had a problem with this. If Steam is not active and I start Civil War, it'll crash Steam. 

9 hours ago, Lurtzelio said:

How can you play it without internet connection?? I mean how can you connect to the servers? And it is sort an MMO if you want to see it or not dude but ok XD 

are you stupid or simply pretending to be stupid? this isn't an MMO at all since MMO means "Massively multiplayer online" and this game isn't a multiplayer game and btw what servers are you talking about? are you sure you are in the right forum? this is for "ultimate general civil war"

9 hours ago, AegorBlackfyre said:

are you stupid or simply pretending to be stupid? this isn't an MMO at all since MMO means "Massively multiplayer online" and this game isn't a multiplayer game and btw what servers are you talking about? are you sure you are in the right forum? this is for "ultimate general civil war"

maybe I didn't recon this was another game's forum? XD my bad dude save those insults btw