Game-Labs Forum

Civil War Generals

Jiruri

In the general discussion I didn't really see any posts about this, but did anybody on here ever play Civil War Generals and CWG2? Those were amazing Civil War games and after finishing both Union and Confederate campaigns up until Antietam in this game, it made me revisit CWG2. Playing through the entire Civil War with alternate battles depending on the course of previous battles was such an amazing concept. Also the ability to upgrade your weapons, the need for supply and how the landscape in the battle gave different bonuses/penalties were really neat to experience. It is nice that UGCW  deploys these same concepts.

A thing CWG2 had that I would love to see in this game (but probably won't, since it would be quite complex to make I reckon) is an editor so we can design our own battles. Give that function Steam Workshop support and we could all build mighty battles/campaigns for other's to explore and experience.

Edited by Jiruri
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jiruri said:

In the general discussion I didn't really see any posts about this, but did anybody on here ever play Civil War Generals and CWG2? Those were amazing Civil War games and after finishing both Union and Confederate campaigns up until Antietam in this game, it made me revisit CWG2. Playing through the entire Civil War with alternate battles depending on the course of previous battles was such an amazing concept. Also the ability to upgrade your weapons, the need for supply and how the landscape in the battle gave different bonuses/penalties were really neat to experience. It is nice that UGCW  deploys these same concepts.

A think CWG2 had that I would love to see in this game (but probably won't, since it would be quite complex to make I reckon) is an editor so we can design our own battles. Give that function Steam Workshop support and we could all build mighty battles/campaigns for other's to explore and experience.

I would love and hope that they will do that here. To just have scripted battles doesn't really scratch the itch. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, General Hancock said:

I would love and hope that they will do that here. To just have scripted battles doesn't really scratch the itch. 

I agree, but having studied game design myself, I can imagine creating a mission editor would be quite the task for the small team that they are. With a mission editor/campaign creator this game can be played for thousands of hours though, that way I believe the itch would be scratched haha.