Game-Labs Forum

Enemies visible damage Yes or No (Health Bars)?

Enemy damage indicators  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Enemy damage indicators in or out?

• Yes, they should be left in!
    • No, I'd rather not see it!
    • Hmmm undecided until I play the game.

CTRL H disables all unnecessary visuals - except for sector and aiming line. Try playing with it. game looks beautiful then

You will also play like a real captain relying only on audio visual clues.

• Wind - by flags and ensigns
  • Yards by looking at your ship
  • Damage by looking at your ship
  • Cannons by gunner's whistles
  • Enemy reloads by enemy whistles
Ctrl H is awesome because it allows those who like health bars to play with them while giving players like you a so called hardcore mode..

That's sounds neat, I'll have to try it. Is CTRL H a toggle?

• 1 month later...

CTRL H disables all unnecessary visuals - except for sector and aiming line. Try playing with it. game looks beautiful then

You will also play like a real captain relying only on audio visual clues.

• Wind - by flags and ensigns
  • Yards by looking at your ship
  • Damage by looking at your ship
  • Cannons by gunner's whistles
  • Enemy reloads by enemy whistles
Ctrl H is awesome because it allows those who like health bars to play with them while giving players like you a so called hardcore mode..
Actually this only true in a instance. Close .... but Ctrl H does NOT disable all of the unnecessary visuals in OW.

The port battle text still displays as well as the huge names for each of the ports.

It seems like such a small request but there is no way to remove this obtrusive visuals. Too bad. Even if we had to use Crtl Alt H it would be very nice to be able to remove these unneccessary visuals. Funny I don't see these text messages splashed all over the promo videos for NA. And in the majority of all of the fablulous screen shots are not obstructed with the port names or the "port battle" warnings.

Too bad.

Sees like a easy enough choice to impliment. But I know nothing of programming or coding. But if we were allowed the choice, those that want the text could retain it and others could remove it.

After all ... It's a beautiful game. More beautiful without text in our face.

And while I am constructively providing feedback. The essential visuals are NOT available with Ctrl H enabled. The only way to access a compass or the in game time is with the whole UI imposed. I suppose that these items are really necessary in OW. But it would be great to have access to a direction and the time with having to use all of the UI.