Game-Labs Forum

Reccommended Chages, Devs Please Read

Slaithium

I. Grand Army feel-- Since the game primary focus is to relieve and re-write possible the outcome of the civil war. I would believe the option or rather have a separate tab to develop a grand army. I.e., like Lee did the the east. Example, Your created hero/general is already the commander and chief of the army, let him act like so after so much army organization. compared to just being a Corps Commander. Allow special bonus to be applied. To further the example using history  Lee at the top, (up to 1863) and after several developments during the war, Longstreet had a corps with his subordinate Major and Brig generals (not going to name all)-- Then Jackson had his corps and following major and Brig generals. Point being it would create a more strategic feel to the game with a Grand Army Structure. Also require generals of the appropriate rank to fill those positions and colonels etc, would add value to them aswell.

II. Rename Divisions is not a option yet, needs to be considered since all other forms can be. I.e., the individual brigades can be along with the Corps.

III. Allow division commanders to have bonuses and abilities different from but similar to those of corps commanders, since it is easy to conceive of Division Commanders ( since such a large body of men) would ultimately have a sway on that divisions performance. For example, of famous Division Commanders-- Pickett, A.P. Hill, D.H. Hill, and later in the war Chamberland to name a few.

IV. During the campaign include bonus/hypothetical/alternate history battles that would conceivably happened if one side or another dominated the war more than they did. Lends more to the feel of re-writing the war.

V. A major part of the war that is not included at all during the war, is the prospects of Britain and many other European Powers joining the war on either side, so including that in the form of politics/diplomacy/trade/recruits/ etc etc in many other factors seem relevant.

VI. Given the type and style presented it is obvious some details had to be dismissed during actual battles or even actions for the sake of game flow. During battles it would be ideal, to have icons, bar, or something that represents buffs or de-buffs that a unit is in-curing. To better visualize the status of the battle-field. Granted they may be few compared to some games, but the knowledge would allow more information tied to campaigns and battles as relevant. Of course, beyond morale, ammo, and reload. It can be theorized that this could be tied to recon and could increase it importance as a primary stat. 

Side note- Do not mean this as rude or impolite, but rather constructive criticisms  based on the current fully released content.

One of things i'd like to see is to have AI generals with predefined behavior, based on their historical skills. So instead of having somewhat random aggressiveness in battles, we would have Generals behave based on their historic attitudes. Plus, it would give player a bit more info, as he would know what he can expect from Lee or Longstreet, Sherman or others..

• Like 1

That is a good idea, but I do believe that would be difficult to implement. Unless they took the skills you select from gain veterancy, and specialized them to each commander. Now that seems like a simple, yet a possible way of doing it. It may take a few tweaks to balance them. But I can see that working, also it would give more customization to the army. I.e., Longstreet historically did best on defensive and cautious types of campaigns/battles, give him abilities to amplify him in such away to be cautious or defensive. Another would be Jackson aggressive/flanker/daring type of commander, give him a series of abilities in vet to choose from those character traits. But that is just my take on your idea.

And generic commanders give them generic traits. But I would like to have a Brig and Division talent or vet tree to work with above all else.

Edited by Slaithium