Game-Labs Forum

How do Division commanders matter?

MikeK

Question

14 answers to this question

Haha, well... fine then, I'll do your legwork for you this time then. Don't get used to it!

The divisions commanders are hidden on the field in the beginning of battles but affect the effeciency of your brigades - basically how well your brigade will function in battle. They can also die when your brigades fight
If you use the function "combine division" the division commander will take charge of your new "superbrigade".
I suspect the reasons why division commanders are not directly represented on the field are simply due to the micro work they would add to a already micro heavy battles when the the battles reach 100.000 men.
I know, I wouldn't want to have to keep my divisions together and a separate division commander nearby to optimize my efforts on the field.

Hmm not sure how this post ended up here. It was a response to Michaelsmithern further down.

• Like 2

Thanks for the answers! I have not dared to try the Combine function. It sounds like Combine is useful if a brigade's commander is WIA/KIA and therefore unable to command the brigade, so that brigade can be combined with another brigade (of the same division only?) into a superbrigade led by the division commander, who is now more exposed to the hazards of combat. So the other brigade's commander is replaced by the division commander.  This suggests it is smartest to combine 2 brigades of a division that have both lost their brigade commander.  Am I getting this  right?

25 minutes ago, Koro said:

See my faq linked in tips for new players :)

nothing  about division commanders there ....out of the videos at least :(

Take in account some users have a hard time following spoken english, and then others have bad conection/read FAQs in locations were seeing a video can be out of place.

Edited by JJPettigrew

47 minutes ago, Koro said:

There is a long faq linked in it, a guide in steam. You can also find it in the steam guides for the game. Typing on phone so a little difficult to link. 

my fault...  firewall at the office  prevents me from opening steam forums, shame and guilt on me :(

Not sure if it's related but i know that my division commanders have died before...although i think this can only happen if you combine the brigades together. As for what they do...i guess the same thing as a brigade commander and is offer a morale boost while still alive, or when you combine the brigades it makes the "new" brigade have some morale.

3 minutes ago, michaelsmithern said:

Not sure if it's related but i know that my division commanders have died before...although i think this can only happen if you combine the brigades together. As for what they do...i guess the same thing as a brigade commander and is offer a morale boost while still alive, or when you combine the brigades it makes the "new" brigade have some morale.

Go to the FAQ :D.