Game-Labs Forum

Cav. kin capture 1 supply wagon, yet neither, if 2 are together!

aka Bear

Anyone else have/had this problem?   Allows me to walks ye down the garden path, so to speaks....lol.......There, I was at the "Yankee Ambush"!...Moved me guys around in the "red hex" "staging" area...laying it out for the PERFECT trap!....The timing of this is CRITICAL, so ya don't wanna springs it TOO soon!   I hit GO, and sent 1 inf through the woods to north to cut off retreat, skirmishers to a patch of wood further east and north to slow down Gregg's arriving on the scene.  Several more brigades jez deep enough in the center to not be "spotted",  and a coupla more brigades in the south to set up a coffee clutch, in the case they made it that far!...lol   I ran the north inf though the woods, to the edge, and when they got there, is when I sent the  center a runnin' out to disrupt the column.  PERFECT!....The center of the union column broke off in a run to the east like they heard Mess Call!...lol  There they were!  3 supply wagons all by there lonesomes!!   Hadda cav unit in the south, and captured the 1 wagon, and whilst I was watchin' that, I LOST SIGHT of the other wagon!  But, thaz ok.I'll pick up that 3rd wagon when Gregg comes from the north!  So, in the chasing the Yanks east, with an inf. unit, I had another cav unit trying to get through the inf. unit TO the supply wagon, to capture it.  The inf unit and wagon passed RIGHT THROUGH each other.no damage, but no capture, either!  Hmmm!......So, as the wagon continued plodding along towards Gregg's HQ,  Inf. kept chasin' Yanks, and my cav unti try'd n TRY'D to capture that wagon, with no success! 
And, it wasn't UNTIL I had followed them all the way to Gregg's HQ, AND 2 850 mounted cav units, that there was a separation, and it was THEN, I seen....THERE'S 2 FRIGGING WAGONS!....Now, a 607 mounted cav unit SHOULD be able to, if not capture at LEAST 1 wagon, shoulda been able to take BOTH of 'em!  Way it worked out?..I didn't capture EITHER ONE OF 'EM!!  Which left my greatly outnumbered cav unit face to face with 2-850 mounted cav units!...NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!

This picture is where I STOPPED right THERE, and wrote y'all a letter concerning this.  After running along RIGHT besides 'em...THROUGH the woods.  Also, kinda funny 2 supposedly "heavily laden" wagons can "keep abreast" THROUGH woods, with charging Cavalry!  That's the why, I couldn't turn 'em away!....also noticed same thing with running men and charging horses.

Hopefully you come up with some kinda fix for this/these situations.

Major Mayhem19  aka Bear

Wagon Capture.GIF

On 12/14/2016 at 7:32 PM, A. P. Hill said:

Proximity.

I agree with Michael above, supporting units closer than your attacking units, and usually supplies don't usually capitulate until they're surrounded, I fail to see where your troops have surrounded the wagons.

I realize you didn't see my Cav, surrounding  them south of the woods for quite a spell.  At least 15 er 20 seconds on the game clock, Whist I followed them all the way THROUGH the woods, until they lead me to Gregg's incoming HQ n Cav. 

The picture that ya see there, is when the 2 wagons seperated.  For the previous 20 seconds or so game time, there was ONLY 1 wagon!

Edited by aka Bear
further explantion needed