Game-Labs Forum

Alliances

Hey all

Atm I think the alliancegameplay is pretty limited. Partly due to the static nature of the alliances which is reinforced by the voting system and partly due to the amount of allies you can have.

I'd like to propose a change - limit all nations to 1 ally and 1 non-aggression pact. (or just 1 ally).

It'll be a while before any effect is shown in the actual playerbehavior but I do believe it'll become a more active OW server.

1 hour ago, Custard said:

Indeed the last time a faction was roflstomped the Dane,Swede,French and Spanish alliance was an unstoppable zerg and pushed the Dutch down to their capital something should be done to nerf this alliance because of their obvious advantage in numbers. 

Don't blame the Danish alliance that the Dutch got roflstomped when the brits and us didn't help them and where supposely allies:D

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, North said:

Don't blame the Danish alliance that the Dutch got roflstomped when the brits and us didn't help them and where supposely allies:D

Roflstomping a nation to 1 port by 4 nations it's ok and should be common practice, it's good for the game and does wonders to the server population. And if someone should be blamed, should be that nation allies. *sarcasm*

53 minutes ago, Cabral said:

Roflstomping a nation to 1 port by 4 nations it's ok and should be common practice, it's good for the game and does wonders to the server population. And if someone should be blamed, should be that nation allies. *sarcasm*

So what are the brits trying to do now to the french??? should it only work in your favour??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cabral said:

You must be joking, right? One attack to Castries and you call that roflstomping?

nopw, but won't end there as the only nations brits will attack is spain and french.. if you so hurt about the danish taking your port before patch, then you might wanna ask your allies to help you or actually try to defend them instead of not showing up for the pb, half the port we took was empty. Dutch have superior numbers of players compared to danish, not our fault that you aren't organized or won't ask for help:)

No reason to whine as you will soon experience it again:D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, North said:

nopw, but won't end there as the only nations brits will attack is spain and french.. if you so hurt about the danish taking your port before patch, then you might wanna ask your allies to help you or actually try to defend them instead of not showing up for the pb, half the port we took was empty. Dutch have superior numbers of players compared to danish, not our fault that you aren't organized or won't ask for help:)

No reason to whine as you will soon experience it again:D

I'm not whining, I'm just saying you can't justify your bad behavior on others mistakes. What your Coalition did to the dutch was wrong and shouldn't repeat again.

why is it wrong??? we are at war... should we be nice when someone want war with us or just attack them on their terms? help them defend or stop complaining that other beat a nation in your alliance while you sit at KPR watching. Brits and Dutch choose their allies and have to live with that so don't come crying about honor or nerfing when you have the numbers but can't be bothered to help your allies or save your own skin. war is war and if you can't handle that go play sim city *sarcasm off*:D:D:D

18 minutes ago, North said:

why is it wrong??? we are at war... should we be nice when someone want war with us or just attack them on their terms? help them defend or stop complaining that other beat a nation in your alliance while you sit at KPR watching. Brits and Dutch choose their allies and have to live with that so don't come crying about honor or nerfing when you have the numbers but can't be bothered to help your allies or save your own skin. war is war and if you can't handle that go play sim city *sarcasm off*:D:D:D

War is war but are different ways of winning a war, the bad way or the good way. Your choice shows your character. The difference between you and us is that, when the spanish were crying because didn't get any help from allies (you included) we ended the war with a treaty and left them with many ports north of Cuba, you on other hand had no mercy to the dutch.

4 minutes ago, Cabral said:

War is war but are different ways of winning a war, the bad way or the good way. Your choice shows your character. The difference between you and us is that, when the spanish were crying because didn't get any help from allies (you included) we ended the war with a treaty and left them with many ports north of Cuba, you on other hand had no mercy to the dutch.

we were not allied with the spanish at that time, as alliances was not implemented... we only had a non aggression with the majorty of spanish clans..

good way to win a war(rofl), 

i'll be the bad guy if that is what you want, doesn't bother me..

6 minutes ago, North said:

we were not allied with the spanish at that time, as alliances was not implemented... we only had a non aggression with the majorty of spanish clans..

good way to win a war(rofl), 

i'll be the bad guy if that is what you want, doesn't bother me..

I rest my case :)

1 hour ago, Custard said:

I wasn't I made a sarcastic post because yet again Kloothommel cries like a child because it's not fair the other Alliance has more players

I wasn't speaking about one allaince over another. I wasn't speaking about any alliance. I was talking about nations. And did I mention any nation specifically? I kept it as neutral as possible. Now stop your qq and read for once!

The way things are, if they (devs) want to keep their players, they need to reset the servers every 5 weeks. Look at PVP2. With that failed patch, pirates really got screwed with no resources what so ever; crafting was dead, battle was won by raking massacre, conquest was done via war supply bombs and the two most populous nations became allies (US-UK). Because of these complete overall unbalance, both UK and US, which started with the good resources, got to keep their yellow ships crafting going, further adding to the overall unbalance between nations. Its no surprise that everybody in pirates either left the game for good or migrated to PVP1. Great job devs!

My suggestion to the Politics system was make it somewhat automatic in such a way that there are always 3 main groups of allies. The example I gave was the following:

"Lets take the example of current PVP2 politics. We have basically 4 nations there. I don´t have the actual populations data, but using the port battles ratios as a reference, we have there about:

1-US ~40% of the total server population;

2- Brits -30%;

3-Pirates ~20%;

4- Holland + Denmark ~10%

In the current system, it doesn´t matter how strong the nations are, they are all allowed to form alliance with any other nations, including those 2 biggest nations! Its End-Game mechanics and it goes against a perfect persistent system. The 2 biggest nations will capture all the ports and the smaller nations players either leave the game or migrate to the stronger nations.

My suggestion is an automated system that automatically distributes alliance/hostility points to each nation, making in the example above, US and UK automatically enemies and allowing the other nations to form alliances, or not.

How to do it is one thing that I have in mind, sort of a 3 cards game, so we always have basically 3 groups simultaneously at war.

No allied group can have "strength points" higher than 33%

This means that US can´t, in the example above, form any alliance with anyone. Brits on the other hand can form an alliance with a nation that is not stronger than 3%, let´s say, France, while Pirates can form alliances with both Holland and Denmark, if they are willing to accept it too.

The closer a nation/alliance gets to 33%, the higher is its hostility against the others alliance groups."

Edited by stormridersp