Game-Labs Forum

Ship request - 24 to 28-gun & trading 6th rate

admin

beautiful and unique find renhanxue, certainly looks to be chapman's hand, even if the original draught was drawn by another.

Must agree - it'd be nice to see a Swedish Frigate.  I find them beautifully understated for most part (except ships like the Vasa, built almost entirely out of Pomp and Circumstance).

Also, I believe af Chapman an equal to the genius of Sane.

• Like 1

^thats the plan of the 24 gun hms boston of 1748, not the continental frigate(plans of which scholars have been unable to find)

beautiful and unique find renhanxue, certainly looks to be chapman's hand, even if the original draught was drawn by another.

Glad you found it interesting!

I'm just fascinated by old documents. It's probably because I'm a huge nerd but I think it's pretty awesome that I could just walk into the national archives and get to handle 250 year old drawings just like that. Archivist's cotton gloves required but otherwise I was free to look and touch. It felt pretty special.

• Like 1

I'm just fascinated by old documents. It's probably because I'm a huge nerd but I think it's pretty awesome that I could just walk into the national archives and get to handle 250 year old drawings just like that. Archivist's cotton gloves required but otherwise I was free to look and touch. It felt pretty special.

It must have been a special experience!

I would definitely be the same way! What a wonderfully open set of archives, you didn't have to be a researcher author, or academic?

^thats the plan of the 24 gun hms boston of 1748, not the continental frigate(plans of which scholars have been unable to find)

Ah, pitty. Disregard then. What I'd really like to see is the USS Enterprise brig that defeated HMS Boxer in the War of 1812, but that far too small to meet this criteria. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hvide Ørn (White Eagle)

Originally a swedish ship built in 1711. Got captured by the danish-norwegian captain Peter Wessel "Tordenskiold" in 1715 at the battle of Fehnmarn: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fehmarn_%281715%29 and was given him to command thereafter as a reward.

Technical data:

Deplacement: 600 tons

Length: 33 meters

Width: 9,42 meters

Guns: 28-32 12 pounders

Crew: 170 men

Wpi4v4O.png

JktRiMp.jpg

kfFnw6W.jpg

• Like 5