Game-Labs Forum

Fine wood - proposal

Just let it go, they where getting to much stuff in game to over complicate stuff and make it more difficult that we weren't playing the game really any more but more the side game of crafting.   

As for Pirate Refit it would be cool to have a BP where you turn in a captured Frigate and convert it over to a P Frigate that stays one Dura.   Than they can make a few more Refits for Pirates.  This would be one of the ways to handle the ships with Pirate only ships if they can't craft SOL's.  That way they can still capture them but instead they use there own refits instead.  THough this would need to come with the raid mechanics so there is no reason to have SOL's to protect ports.

Also Nationals have to turn in capture ships for credits.  Only pirates can keep there captured ships;)

It may seem silly but my biggest issues with the fine woods were...

• The luck (or lack thereof) RNG factor for when they dropped and how little you got when they did.
  • The fact that they occupied valuable warehouse slots.

I'm one of those crazy crafters that didn't mind gathering the materials. I just never seemed to be blessed by the RNG fairy and constantly had to keep trade ships in port to have slots to keep it in when I did get it.

3 hours ago, Angus McGregor said:

It may seem silly but my biggest issues with the fine woods were...

• The luck (or lack thereof) RNG factor for when they dropped and how little you got when they did.
  • The fact that they occupied valuable warehouse slots.

I'm one of those crazy crafters that didn't mind gathering the materials. I just never seemed to be blessed by the RNG fairy and constantly had to keep trade ships in port to have slots to keep it in when I did get it.

There really wasn't a lot of luck factor involved, other than which you got, fines or compass wood.  If you produced in batches of 20, you would either get 2 fine woods (10%) or 1 compass wood (5%).  I averaged about 6% on fines using that method.

11 hours ago, oldcrankyman said:

There really wasn't a lot of luck factor involved, other than which you got, fines or compass wood.  If you produced in batches of 20, you would either get 2 fine woods (10%) or 1 compass wood (5%).  I averaged about 6% on fines using that method.

I even tried this and was was still getting Compass wood 99% of the time for the last two weeks.  That is the reason for the dang rage COMPASS WOOD thread I made.  Than again I think some times RNG just hates me.  Though on a good note I'm a lot richer than I was and I have plenty of compass wood now for building.

• Like 1