Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 9.97 - Events, minor crafting changes and other things

So no roe change and with OW speed increase you managed to make OW PvP even worse! Lets all hope that in hotfix #1 you severely decrease (if not completely remove) AI fleets and towers+forts.

• Like 3

First of all I love the signaling perk :)

Would have loved to see some changes to the RoE.

Would have loved to have had the new PB, but apparently we have to wait :( Better be worth it hehe

Honestly, I would've given the fine wood system a rework instead of completely removing it as it was generating some cool PB content.

I love the battle instances that spawn in a fixed location :)

Cant wait to test it out

No RoE and crappy Maginot Line changes ? Inscreased OW speed.

"Good" job, now every noob will run to forts or AI fleets even faster. Could you PLEASE introduce some meaningful changes and not pointless PvE events or towing ?

Where are promised raiding or announced centuries ago changes in pirate mechanic ? WE WANT CONTENT !

Edited by Otto Kohl
  • Like 5

Ну я даже не знаю...

Если никаких изменений в огромном количестве NPC в боях не произошло, то боевку тестить, мягко говоря, не хочется.

Непонятно зачем добавили команду Brace и одновременно снизили дамаг по экипажу. Как снизили тоже непонятно, в борта он и так был никакущий.

Like what I read. Keep it up.

One question only, the tag system isnt going to be changed? I heard that you were doing a combination of current one and the previous one.

• Like 1

Just saw an admiralty event pop up that chat is saying does not start for 3hrs! This is the time sink I am talking about. Even if I logged on when their was 15 to go I would never be able to sail their in time. Events need to be short and sweet not even an hour long and close enough to sail to in good time. Their should be any number active when you log on so you can do your business and get off.

Is this the top of the line event and others will be like I say above?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Destraex said:

Just saw an admiralty event pop up that chat is saying does not start for 3hrs! This is the time sink I am talking about. Even if I logged on when their was 15 to go I would never be able to sail their in time. Events need to be short and sweet not even an hour long and close enough to sail to in good time. Their should be any number active when you log on so you can do your business and get off.

I believe it last for three hours not that is when it starts. 

24 minutes ago, admin said:

resource control remained. You still have to own certain regions to have full access to some types of wood or materials. 

fine wood removed for the following reasons. Its goal was to limit the number of rare ships and first rates, the goal was somewhat achieved together with the removal of players :). It was not a good feature and has to be rethought completely.

I like the removal of fine woods.

But most players did not leave because of the fine woods. They left because the RvR system got so bad.

• Like 4

If that is so then I stand corrected. But how does that work? Does that mean its a race to the zone and then for the last 2hrs nothing is left? I will have to try. Last time I listen to the chat :P It's all new here.... obviously.

57 minutes ago, admin said:

20% ow speed buff was applied - lets see how this will affect the travel times

shrink large circle or reduce tagging timer.

Or remove NPC drag to battle from large circle. what is a pure pain in ass to find enough room for good tag without any npcs

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

No RoE and crappy Maginot Line changes ? Inscreased OW speed.

"Good" job, now every noob will run to forts or AI fleets even faster. Could you PLEASE introduce some meaningful changes and not pointless PvE events or towing ?

Where are promised raiding or announced centuries ago changes in pirate mechanic ? WE WANT CONTENT !

I fully agree with Otto Kohl on this one! Get rid of most of the fortresses and towers. Only place them at really strategic capitals and please for the love of god reduce the AI fleets by a factor of 2... places like Christiansted are infested with AI...

Please bring back positional spawns again. Those were perfect. I ... hate... the huge drag circle and the small tag circle... it ruins our SAILING to every port battle every time...

• Like 5

Aw yess, i look forward to crafting again. A cheers to the devs!

Seems like some ROE, AI and Tower/fortress tweaks should be a next tweaking focus. Maybe only let fortresses fire, and not the towers? With new ROE, AI fleets might not need a tweak?

• Like 3

I kinda have to agree that there could be a small hot fix related to AI fleets and forts, at least for the AI fleets.

Removing AI fleets is better than having every places filled with 1st rates.  Fast fix to cap the AI fleets to 5th rates, or to remove all.

You could make it so that the forts do not fire, for now.

One option could be that players could invest resources at port to build towers/forts/AI.  We should also be able to destroy those then as well.

Also the hostility PvE, this is a grind that is way more tedious than to buy a flag and sail to PvP.

• Like 1

Well, bravo to getting the patch out! Definitely there are quite a few things that need to still be addressed as others have pointed out, the most important by far is a reduction now in AI fleets and their strengths, in addition to a nerfing of tower locations as you get away from nation capitals.  And the land in port battles can't come soon enough as I think this will be the only thing that will bring players back to the game.

But good job dev's for getting the patch out as it is. Hopefully iterative hotfixes can be applied to tweak things further and more quickly.

• Like 1

PvE looks a lot of fun, I will try PvP tomorrow.

I note in the time trial the top player killed both ships in 4 mins with 400 damage ? So is boarding allowed in time challange, I know its not in the Kill Challenge as my boarding didn't register. I have F11'd. And have no issues with the player who did it. Just asking for game mechanics.

• Like 2

Just now, Chijohnaok said:

Ibut there were many people that had concerns about it.

Its same in every hardcore MMO! Best players and clans win and have lots of resourses and noobs suffer and have bad equipment - its fair and called "Might is right"! I also lost two 1st rates and had to gather fine live oak for a weak to build a new one! Why i didnt whine about that?

If you are weak and poor - find a good clan that can help you and make you stronger - its easy man! And if you are a solo player, dont know how to make money and dont have lots of fine wood - its your problem! I can tell you that i know lots of solo players who did not suffer from the lack of fine wood!

• Like 1

I am not that happy to see the patch notes TBH.

in my opinion dev's have wrong prioritys at the moment. They made a huge change to RvR with the region and hostilitysystem. They took away a huge part of the long term motivation of players (one of the endgames) and they only tweaked the PvE hostilitygeneration and the warsupplies now.

They have to implement something for RvR players again to come back to the game and enjoy playing every evening and not only for portbattles. 

With the flagmechanic there was a reason to go every night and conquer some ports. now you dont have a reason anymore and noone wants to play PvE. we even showed you in a vote that it's not fun and you changed nothing / announced nothing.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, admin said:

resource control remained. You still have to own certain regions to have full access to some types of wood or materials. 

fine wood removed for the following reasons. Its goal was to limit the number of rare ships and first rates, the goal was somewhat achieved together with the removal of players :). It was not a good feature and has to be rethought completely.

really? fine wood used to take 80-85% of the whole price of the 1st rate! other resourses are very cheap and are in numbers in a warehouse of every noob! You already made lots of "soft" players left so dont make also "hardcore" players leave cause of making the game much softer and easy-breezy. PVE/PVP events are good but this removing of fine wood control made the game much worse cause fine wood was the ONLY really valuable resourse.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Keep it respectful please.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Palpatine said:

really? fine wood used to take 80-85% of the whole price of the 1st rate! other resourses are very cheap and are in numbers in a warehouse of every noob! You already made lots of "soft" players left so dont make also "hardcore" players leave cause of making the game much softer and easy-breezy. PVE/PVP events are good but this removing of fine wood control made the game much worse cause fine wood was the ONLY really valuable resourse.

Palpatine, if it wasn't a problem for you before, it won't be now. Players who were fed up with the Fine Wood mechanic will rejoice. Win/Win?
Or do you fear 'noobs' in equal ships?

• Like 11