Game-Labs Forum

Santo Domingo PB - Battle over @ 1:27

Anolytic

The Port Battle at Santo Domingo today ended before the attacker had any conceivable chance to enter. With the new mechanics giving the attacker less control over the Port battle this is a serious bug and needs to be addressed. 

I will add screenshots and a video from within the PB to this topic once I have been able to upload them.

Video of the bug:

As you can see in the video, the battle was over the moment the cannot escape timer ran to zero. At 1:27

cXUxOXNn.jpeg

SmE2Z3NU.jpeg

aWVRNnYv.jpeg

M2ovaEtV.jpeg

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 10

Well for once we agree. The ability to draw in an entire fleet with 4 ships pretty much enforces the port battle logout (exploit) as otherwise the fleet will never see the port... I and many others at this point simply refuse to be part of port battles as we don't want to use exploits and it takes a major aspect from us (also one of the last ones left). This isn't good for the game.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Dang, it could have been glorious. Thanks for bringing it to the Dev's attention Anolytic.

o7

Indeed. We were all very disappointed that we didn't get to shoot at anything. I wouldn't mind if the devs made up for this bug by rescheduling the PB tomorrow or Monday same time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anolytic said:

Indeed. We were all very disappointed that we didn't get to shoot at anything. I wouldn't mind if the devs made up for this bug by rescheduling the PB tomorrow or Monday same time.

Could just fund another bomb and get a port battle?

Thanks for posting this Anolytic.

Reckon we werent that far from making it...had just finished the Pavel off and our 1sts were heading away...so probably 2 mins before we joined. Then the message popped.

Much Sad for us and the 4 vics we took.

Dev's please look at this.

I think that with the current mechanics, we can all agree that logging off in front of the PB is nothing to be ashamed of. Hats off to the Brits for trying to do it the classic way, but one tag ruining the whole PB is stupid and even the defenders were sad about not getting a fun fight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Havelock said:

I think that with the current mechanics, we can all agree that logging off in front of the PB is nothing to be ashamed of. Hats off to the Brits for trying to do it the classic way, but one tag ruining the whole PB is stupid and even the defenders were sad about not getting a fun fight.

As it happens, we have sailed to every PB bar one (Belize first attempt) where 1/2 the fleet logged out...1/2 sailed...that was a particularly bad idea.

But for whatever reason...we prefer to sail. Coz...we do.

Cost us a few times, but its exciting as it should be, Orinoco and Santa D both failed to begin.

We have lost access twice to 'early' closes too.

Lets hope the new patch rewards such hardy behaviour.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jeheil said:

As it happens, we have sailed to every PB bar one (Belize first attempt) where 1/2 the fleet logged out...1/2 sailed...that was a particularly bad idea.

Cost us a few times, but its exciting as it should be, Orinoco and Santa D both failed to begin.

We have lost access twice to 'early' closes too.

Lets hope the new patch rewards such hardy behaviour.

This hardy behaviour much easier for the biggest nation with the biggest alliance (in number), then it would be for the other nations... should not be like as long as you have the most people in a nation you can basicly prevent every port battle by just keep undocking ships as no harbour in real life had unlimited ships

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeheil said:

It's easy to sail to the Port Battles and ignore the problems with screening coming from the new ROE and conquest rules when you know that our side wants port battles and 9 time out of 10 won't have screening at all, and the rest of the time only some half-arsed screening to provide the players who didn't get into the PB with content. 

• Like 2

I'm following the topic in hopes of seeing a response form the devs. I'm hoping this system will have a slight tweak in the land/zones pb patch. Also, keep the battle timers open for OW pvp. Let player determine when the battle is over once all ships are sunk/captured and no one else wants or can join it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, North said:

This hardy behaviour much easier for the biggest nation with the biggest alliance (in number), then it would be for the other nations... should not be like as long as you have the most people in a nation you can basicly prevent every port battle by just keep undocking ships as no harbour in real life had unlimited ships

lots in that post thats wrong ... biggest alliance in number ???   Saturday night our alliance couldn't get  enough for an attack on Ays we couldnt get a full first rate attack on Savannah and didnt have a big enough screening fleet to get into santa domingo  yet your alliance attacked 6 ports on Wednesday that i believe were all full only black river didnt have a full port ,,seems you just like the log off and insta join ,and use this "your the biggest alliance crying when it suits " ,,screening should be as important as the pb ...its usually more fun  ... apologies to french, spanish and swedish  who play the game  how it is intended to be played by sailing to pb

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rediii said:

this is so wrong.

we bombed 7 ports. we were able to show up at 4 with "big numbers". we got only 20 first rates, 1 mortar brig and 4 small ships into saint augustin. caracas was a mixed battle on both sides. pirate port was not attacked by anyone.

the british alliance was able to cover all ports.

It is a fact that the british alliance has more players. the danish alliance has almost no players online in the night where british/usa has the most aswell.

also, swedes do the logout too, aswell as the french as far as i know. no idea about spanish tho.

oh you only managed to get into 4 battles with big numbers ..how awful for you ..just said we couldnt get enough for 2 never mind the 3 we had pulled ..which were all covered by your alliance ...as for the dutch/british/US were able to cover all ports Wednesday  ...if you think that who am i to say different :ph34r:

the fact you managed 4 ports with big numbers  and only 20 first rates in st augustine plus others and a mixed fleet at caracas ..just simple maths says thats 120 pb rated ships plus another 30 mixed ....you feel 150 ships is not enough to sail to and attack a port ????? you dont have to do 6 every time  

Ive seen the spanish and french sail to a pb ...never seen the danes do it since the patch ...

you have enough people to spare to even let them jump in on our side as alts ..so stop complaining

Edited by Grundgemunkey

Captains, regarding PB entry, as we have said in the patch notes,

4 hours ago, admin said:

Port battles entry zones algorithms and capture points placement still requires work and will be deployed in a hot fix within next week or two. 

A battle closes in 5 minutes in case noone from attacker side have joined the battle - so this is not a bug.