Game-Labs Forum

Revamped Political Mechanics

The most obvious problem with the current Political System mechanics is that it allows the whole OW system to become deliberately unbalanced and unfair, specially to the smaller nations, meaning in turn, that bigger nations tend to attract even more players. Nobody likes the idea of joining a nation which has no resources or ports.

Lets take the example of current PVP2 politics. We have basically 4 nations there. I don´t have the actual populations data, but using the port battles ratios as a reference, we have there about:

1-US ~40%

2- Brits -30%

3-Pirates ~20%

4- Holland + Denmark ~10%

In the current system, it doesn´t matter how strong the nations are, they are all allowed to form alliance with any other nations, including those 2 biggest nations! Its End-Game mechanics and it goes against a perfect persistent system.

My suggestion is an automated system makes that automatically distributes alliance/hostiliy points to each nation, making in the example above, US and UK automatically enemies and allowing the other nations to form alliances, or not.

How to do it is one thing that I have in mind, sort of a 3 cards game, so we always have basically 3 groups simultaneously at war.

No allied group can have "strength" higher than 33%

This means that US can´t, in the example above, form any alliance with anyone. Brits on the other hand can form an alliance with a nation that is no higher than 3%, let´s say, France, Pirates can form alliances with both Holland and Denmark, if they are willing to accept it too.

The closer a nation/alliance gets to 33%, the higher is hostility against the others alliance groups.

Edited by stormridersp