Game-Labs Forum

PVP Suggestion

First of all, let me state I really like this game despite the direction it has been heading over the past few months.  The server population is at a critical point and something is needed to bring people back playing.  Hence, I propose the following:

1) Create an island in the Gulf

2) Make it a Free/Neutral  port and give every player a Free (additional) Outpost automatically at that port

3) Allow ship transport to the port

4) Seed the area around the port with random ship wrecks etc

5) Double xp and gold within a reasonable area around the port

None of these additions/changes should be difficult to code since the code already exists within the game.  This would instantly create a PVP zone that I believe would drastically improve the fun of the game without detracting from other aspects, ie PVE, Crafting, Port Battles etc due to the fact it would be in the middle of no where.  If I understand the Dev desire to encourage PVP this simple fix would achieve that goal without all the challenges presented by earlier attempts (for example the Events from a few months back).

You do know there are NO ISLANDS IN THE GULF OF MEXICO.  Well other than those all ready in game for the most part.  That is a big empty crater created maybe back in the dinosaur days when a rock feel out space and killed all of them.  Well maybe that how it was created.

10 hours ago, Blackjack McGee said:

2) Make it a Free/Neutral  port and give every player a Free (additional) Outpost automatically at that port

Yes please!!
Scenario one - Your free port becomes a bottleneck/meeting point, so us pirates camping the area. Whoever gets in or out is attacked and ganged.
Scenario two - there is no second scenario :D

15 hours ago, Blackjack McGee said:

First of all, let me state I really like this game despite the direction it has been heading over the past few months.  The server population is at a critical point and something is needed to bring people back playing.  Hence, I propose the following:

1) Create an island in the Gulf

3) Allow ship transport to the port

4) Seed the area around the port with random ship wrecks etc

5) Double xp and gold within a reasonable area around the port

None of these additions/changes should be difficult to code since the code already exists within the game.  This would instantly create a PVP zone that I believe would drastically improve the fun of the game without detracting from other aspects, ie PVE, Crafting, Port Battles etc due to the fact it would be in the middle of no where.  If I understand the Dev desire to encourage PVP this simple fix would achieve that goal without all the challenges presented by earlier attempts (for example the Events from a few months back).

Facepalm. You have more "ideas"?

• Like 1