Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
  • 0

BR difference for initiating battle


Question

A player in a  gunboat tried to attack my trader and it said that he couldn't initiate combat because BR difference was too high.

 

What is the BR difference that prevents combats? When can I attack larger group (to pull them to battle) and when will ti fail?

 

EDIT: typos. Dyslexia ftw.

Edited by Todbringer
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Does this work the other way around too ?

For example.. me and my friend are in Rattlesnakes... BR50... so total BR100.

He attacked a Trader Brig, BR10, and I couldn't join... then I attacked a Trader Cutter BR10 and he couldn't join.

So do we need to find ships that are BR25 in order for us to attack a BR10 trader ship together?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Where you in the new player zone?  If so, that zone only allows 1v1s (if I am not mistaken), unless you have signalling.  In the case of signalling, you can only join up to the BR.  If your ship goes over the BR in any way, even by 1 point, you can't join.

 

Otherwise, if you were outside the join circles and no one has signalling, the battle closes instantly.

Edited by Prater
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, Prater said:

Where you in the new player zone?  If so, that zone only allows 1v1s (if I am not mistaken), unless you have signalling.  In the case of signalling, you can only join up to the BR.  If your ship goes over the BR in any way, even by 1 point, you can't join.

 

Otherwise, if you were outside the join circles and no one has signalling, the battle closes instantly.

We are on PvE server.

We are in same group.

We are in same clan.

We are tagging ships in Virgin Islands and Bowenvinds counties, leagues away from the Bahamas rookie areas.

We are attacking NPC ships.

Neither of us have Smuggler flag on.

We are both in Rattlesnakes (total BR100)

We always stay in the socalled Pull Circle after tagging and when battle starts.

When not getting pulled into combat we click the Battle icon, which says battle closed.

We sail into the Denmark-Norway Join Area, battle is still shown as Battle Closed, then disappears.

We tried attacking ships from BR10 (traders) to fleets (BR100+).

Nothing is working. We just CANT join the same battle together.

Missions work fine and can join as group.

We used to be able to double team fleets and trader ships in past, so why is this broken now? (Happened in one of the later updates).

End result from coming back to game was 2 hours of frustration trying to figure this out. Probably not going to play again until this is fixed. Playing with friends is what makes the game fun. Solo sailing gets old fast.

Really, really annoyed at this :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I think it might have been removed with the new ROE having such a huge pull circle - people who were trader hunting/teleporting ships via trader hunting around busy waters (usually around capitals) would end up dragging in anyone within the large pull circle, causing headaches for people. That, and NPC trader hunting was probably considered as something that was done solo by almost everyone anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, Ghroznak said:

We are on PvE server.

We are in same group.

We are in same clan.

We are tagging ships in Virgin Islands and Bowenvinds counties, leagues away from the Bahamas rookie areas.

We are attacking NPC ships.

Neither of us have Smuggler flag on.

We are both in Rattlesnakes (total BR100)

We always stay in the socalled Pull Circle after tagging and when battle starts.

When not getting pulled into combat we click the Battle icon, which says battle closed.

We sail into the Denmark-Norway Join Area, battle is still shown as Battle Closed, then disappears.

We tried attacking ships from BR10 (traders) to fleets (BR100+).

Nothing is working. We just CANT join the same battle together.

Missions work fine and can join as group.

We used to be able to double team fleets and trader ships in past, so why is this broken now? (Happened in one of the later updates).

End result from coming back to game was 2 hours of frustration trying to figure this out. Probably not going to play again until this is fixed. Playing with friends is what makes the game fun. Solo sailing gets old fast.

Really, really annoyed at this :/

Sounds like a bug to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Aegir said:

I think it might have been removed with the new ROE having such a huge pull circle - people who were trader hunting/teleporting ships via trader hunting around busy waters (usually around capitals) would end up dragging in anyone within the large pull circle, causing headaches for people. That, and NPC trader hunting was probably considered as something that was done solo by almost everyone anyways.

It's not just about trading ships.

Me and my friend sailed into open waters and engaged a fleet of ships... and still only one entered battle and other was stuck outside... despite the fleet we tagged having higher BR than us.

It's just impossible (besides missions) to play with friends in open world and attack fleets.

We tried everything we could think of and nothing worked. Only one gets to join.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 minutes ago, rediii said:

already got answered from a admin. I guess you have different nationalitys on the server? Problem is the RoE which is the same for PvE and PvP Server

No, we are the same nationality... Denmark Norway... always were.

Same group, same ship, same clan, same nation, same location next to the ship we try to attack... same everything... yet... impossible for both to join same battle :(:(:(:(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...