Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
pellasgos

"BLACK WEDNESDAY" 30/11/2016 a day to remember...for long time...

Recommended Posts

Despite all pride and enlightment on British, Dutch and US side and all desperation and disappoitment on the other side about the outcome of all those Battles, we shouldnt forget how ALL this battles got achieved:

 

By bending the current existing rules and exploiting loopholes to an all time peak with using an even by Devs committed broken game mechanic...which was never ment to be used in such a manner !!!

 

Lets hope, the fix comes soon...before the next War Supply Madness Round starts...and we can all calm down a bit afterwards and continue to enjoy the game again :)

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

By bending the current existing rules and exploiting loopholes to an all time peak with using an even by Devs committed broken game mechanic...which was never ment to be used in such a manner !!!

 

Not that again please.

 

802128.png

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, manuva85 said:

Can't touch this

Agent M Loves Gifs dance mc hammer hammer time hammertime

Though i admit that every pb i fought in since my traitorous act has been lost...

I tried to get some help to kill you just didn't have a broadside loaded and my bad side was too weat to show it to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SteelSandwich said:

May i ask, what was so unbalanced in the bridgetown battle for example?

You had 25 ships, we had 25 ships, you had a full aga fleet, we had an aga/inger combination fleet.

The towers never even fired a single shot since we attack your line, instead of defending.

Since the beginning the porte battle timer is 1h35. So, when you nerf the DPS you give an adavantage to the defense. The first adavantage was the penetration patch, ships and towers are much more resistant but the timer still on 1h30. We need a mortar brig for tower so you have 1 ship less than the defenders.

Seconde advantage is 4th rate ships and the release of agamemnon. Aga have the hp of a 2th rate and less dps than an ingerman. And the timers is still 1h30. 

Tons of hp and resistance was given to the defenders. 

I don't have the right statistic but with tens of port battles since the october patch how many pb was win by attackers on 25vs25? 1 or 2?

 

Edited by Aria
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aria said:

Since the beginning the porte battle timer is 1h35. So, when you nerf the DPS you give an adavantage to the defense. The first adavantge was the penetration patch, ships and towers are mush more resistant but the timer still 1h30. You need a mortar brig for tower so you have 1 ship less than the defenders.

Seconde advantage is 4th rate ships and the release of agamemnon. Aga have the hp of a 2th rate and less dps than an ingerman. And the timers is still 1h30. 

Not a fan of national discussion so tend to avoid NatNews, but this comment has real gameplay value, port battle system is quite out of date and is hard to reach a decisive point when both side have solid gameplay and top of the line equipment, the old firepower/armor balance is hard on the armor side... I am sure new PB system with zones "a la capture the flag" will be a great advance on this.

BTW. congrats to the anglo-dutch alliance for his defensive success, a pb I really enjoyed yesterday.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Aria said:

Since the beginning the porte battle timer is 1h35. So, when you nerf the DPS you give an adavantage to the defense. The first adavantage was the penetration patch, ships and towers are much more resistant but the timer still on 1h30. We need a mortar brig for tower so you have 1 ship less than the defenders.

Seconde advantage is 4th rate ships and the release of agamemnon. Aga have the hp of a 2th rate and less dps than an ingerman. And the timers is still 1h30. 

Tons of hp and resistance was given to the defenders. 

I don't have the right statistic but with tens of port battles since the october patch how many pb was win by attackers on 25vs25? 1 or 2?

 

Cartagena by dutch.

Georgia by danes.
Region below georgia by brits.

2 regions near conception by brits. Portobelo and other.

No idea about pirates port battles but they had few and i dont think that everyone was empty?

Spain against pirates @ south of florida? Was that empty?

So there is few of them. Maybe if danes doesnt show in every fight now and then we would see other results. Who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leku said:

Cartagena by dutch.

Georgia by danes.
Region below georgia by brits.

2 regions near conception by brits. Portobelo and other.

No idea about pirates port battles but they had few and i dont think that everyone was empty?

Spain against pirates @ south of florida? Was that empty?

So there is few of them. Maybe if danes doesnt show in every fight now and then we would see other results. Who knows.

All PB by pirates against spain was empty as they were given to the pirates

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, North said:

All PB by pirates against spain was empty as they were given to the pirates

What about pirates vs france @ hispaniola?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Leku said:

What about pirates vs france @ hispaniola?

All was empty exept Las Cayes i think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

how many ports changed since last patch with a fight? I

theres a difference between a port change between allies  without any defence and a port change against enemy where defenders couldnt be bothered to turn up

Brits have taken

Old Providence , Matina , Portabello, , Omoa and st augustine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St. George's, Bermuda

(Before i disconnected from battle)

DoSAy7d.jpg

av85B1F.jpg

wBFOObi.jpg

Apj2qG6.jpg

9qGxs1o.jpg

3Y6kFbn.jpg

gckHF78.jpg

AOe52Gp.jpg

ybIwtxX.jpg

5GJIV7l.jpg

WjP5Fi8.jpg

GvzNI2q.jpg

8MLeIYx.jpg

QbmhQu9.jpg

OU72kzS.jpg

dKnjw6V.jpg

pwzVm2F.jpg

FCwW3XM.jpg

Ambi1uS.jpg

gqVN8Q8.jpg

tLG7z8Z.jpg

At this point roughly at 00:49:00 i get disconnected from the server. In the 4 minutes it takes to reconnect i'm sunk when i log back in.

r1UqB2T.jpg

aVlmFdU.jpg

vQ2NvqB.jpg

 

Edited by Woody051
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sruPL said:

@Woody051

Looks very impresive and like a proffesional job. Who was commanding?

Although credit is well deserved, I rather not disclose it. I spoke with some of the others and they agree. We who were there know who they were. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

San Augustin battle. I just captured the initial maneuvering.

N1mZoJe.jpg

i1hzMq1.jpg

A tack was ordered through the wind but failed miserably due to an unfortunate shift in wind and some communication issues

iZMn0Fk.jpg

We are disorganized but reforming. Watch how we get back in formation before coming together with the Danes

vtiFyGP.jpg

FlSNKQJ.jpg

8x8ci5S.jpg

the initial clash. The rest turned into a brawl with the Brits having the advantage.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
10 hours ago, Leku said:

Cartagena by dutch.

Dutch/Brits. With only half a fleet you can't take all the credit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Dutch/Brits. With only half a fleet you can't take all the credit.

Very true,unfortunately where does that leave the French since the last port wipe. 

Edited by Tac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really see the point to call it a black wednesday. It's more a magic Wednesday or the day of the year.

I see this night more than 600 players onlines with thoses who loose in pb enjoying the fight while thoses who win probably exchanging their joy on ts.

It gives the server a real boost and a real content but you can't cound on our alliance to make all the the job. PB are the only way to get a "fair fight" with equal number of fighter often in same ships. It's a shame to have to farm like pigs or craft likes cow to be able to maje some.

The worst keep pveing /war suppliing to not be in the pb :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I've seen reading this thread, hope is what truly shines here. The amount of good sportsmanship I've seen from both sides with all the "gg" and "thanks for the content!" comments is great to see. In fact, just 1 day after the loss of 5 consecutive port battles, some members of the "Quadruple alliance" were willing to just chill in the British National TS and talk freely with their enemies. In months past, if an event like "Black Wednesday" happened to either alliance, we would see sodium-chloride levels on the forums surpass that of the Dead Sea. 

I suppose the point I want to make here is that I'd like to congratulate both sides for the great sportsmanship shown, and the "Central Powers" of The Dutch Republic, Britain, and the United States for the excellent show of coordination in these battles. (Although I have to give props to the Spanish for tactically winning their battle :))

Edited by Lord Cutler Beckett
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lord Cutler Beckett said:

As far as I've seen reading this thread, hope is what truly shines here. The amount of good sportsmanship I've seen from both sides with all the "gg" and "thanks for the content!" comments is great to see. In fact, just 1 day after the loss of 5 consecutive port battles, some members of the "Quadruple alliance" were willing to just chill in the British National TS and talk freely with their enemies. In months past, if an event like "Black Wednesday" happened to either alliance, we would see sodium-chloride levels on the forums surpass that of the Dead Sea. 

I suppose the point I want to make here is that I'd like to congratulate both sides for the great sportsmanship shown, and the "Central Powers" of The Dutch Republic, Britain, and the United States for the excellent show of coordination in these battles. (Although I have to give props to the Spanish for tactically winning their battle :))

tbh, i think that with your number it's easier to just organise to be 25 per pb than crafting 7*134war supply, drop them in port, hide them in port, make them explose on the same time and after that, look to find 7x25 people^^

In term of organisation we win the battle. Next time z, win the organisation and let us just win the battles :-)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...