Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

BATTLE OF ST AUGUSTIN

abb44af3c6388d9ea41fb2532d4a7eef.png

BATTLE OF CARACAS

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/179412245837967965/FB1117A33A00ADD418176BE4073BE4F1DDD7CD2A/#

BATTLE OF BRIDGETOWN

http://prnt.sc/ddsy8v

BATTLE OF BERMUDAS

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/112984151333240837/2C4F61C79CC49437891E9299A9D0EF427B118F4B/

BATTLE OF BELIZE

http://imgur.com/a/sIRed

BATTLE OF BLACK RIVER...ENEMIES DIDN'T ATTEND....

GG...AND O7 TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS...

we would like to note to our beloved enemies that we don't do discounts on Wednesdays ...thank you :)

Edited by pellasgos
  • Like 25
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah before this becomes a massive flame war, i want to point out that both sides did a really good job of organising this night and it was a lot of fun. its harder to attack than to defend. we might not like the mechanics of WS but it allowed, as Tenakha said, to create a great event. 

I was running the British side on the Belize battle and the Spanish fought fairly and well and it was a very close fight. it was good fun, well done to eveyone who joined in. this should be remembered as a good example of how fun and good this game can be, not a big flame war about who is better than who, both sides have their good nights and bad nights.

GG all

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

Just scanning through, I'm not recognizing any US clan names.  Did they participate as well, or were none in from work/school yet?

We had a few American in Bridgetown, one of them being really decisive by blowing up I might say. And think a few where at San Agustin. But indeed not their primetime yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hats off to commanders on both sides, I was so impressed with the leadership and co-ordination across a number of nations, clans, I was also impressed by those who set foot into the turmoil of PB's for the first time on either side.

We may not have been happy with how these PB's were setup, the intent is debatable as to whether it was a gift of lovely PvP by the Danish led coalition or whether it was a strategic goal to finally stretch the Dutch alliance to the point of not being able to defend Bermuda. Maybe we can agree it was both....and from all accounts it was well fought and fought with dignity on the seas and in the chat forums by both sides.

Until the patch at least, there is a massive advantage to the defender...and advantage well taken by some excellent work today.

  • Like 18
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cornelis Evertsen de Oude said:

We had a few American in Bridgetown, one of them being really decisive by blowing up I might say. And think a few where at San Agustin. But indeed not their primetime yet.

Damn Yankees! he took out 10 of our ships!

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeheil said:

Hats off to commanders on both sides, I was so impressed with the leadership and co-ordination across a number of nations, clans, I was also impressed by those who set foot into the turmoil of PB's for the first time on either side.

We may not have been happy with how these PB's were setup, the intent is debatable as to whether it was a gift of lovely PvP by the Danish led coalition or whether it was a strategic goal to finally stretch the Dutch alliance to the point of not being able to defend Bermuda. Maybe we can agree it was both....and from all accounts it was well fought and fought with dignity on the seas and in the chat forums by both sides.

Until the patch at least, there is a massive advantage to the defender...and advantage well taken by some excellent work today.

The intent at least for the french and me has always been to have fun :-) and fun I had, be it ferrying WS all day or fighting the pb

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

Can you tell more about this?  Had I been home, I had a similar thought, thinking the fight desperate.

We managed to completly split the Dutch line and he exploded in the middle of us

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

What the hell....

... I go take a nap after dinner and this happens !?

Can't leave you kids unattended or you will end up burning the entire place down.

B)

 

Great show of force and unity guys. Seems everyone had a fight huh.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

Delighted to see so much PvP!
I am buried with work.. did anyone record those fights for this NA-starved Beagle? :)

I know right. Spend the hours leading up to the battle helping to herd cats and then minutes before they start have to go to work. 

Oh, and we have noticed that since Manuva has joined OCEAN he has yet to sink in a Port Battle. What is this heresy, and we have a new objective :P 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tenakha Kan said:

Damn Yankees! he took out 10 of our ships!

lmao :) the brits will probably make a statue of this guy in front of the port of Bridgetown...hats off for this guy....my goodness... it is the most effective explosion i ever seen in this game by far...i think he took down at least 10-12 ships...

Edited by pellasgos
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Americans were at bridgetown and san augustin.  At bridgetown one of us took out about 10 ships w/ a fireship inger.  Sounds like it was a battle changer.  At San Augustin the US screeners kept out at least 4 first rates from getting in, I THINK capping one or 2.  Another instant battle changer.  

It's smack in the middle of our work day, so US participation as low....but it doesn't matter.  YOU CAN'T STUMP THE TRUMPS!

 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Tenakha Kan said:

So in the end why all the crying, the name calling on the forum and outside? You wanted content, we provided. No cheating, no exploiting.

In my post I wrote it would be exploit if you didn't show up for all battles. You did and you're rigth, it was a lot of interesting fightin  for everyone.

This won't be an exploit as long as people will show up every time. It's still a mechanic vulnerable for exploiting though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well played all, it was very thrilling. to be honest I could not expect facing such a massive good defence with 5 simultaneous PB's

Let's hope peeps will carry on building plenty of these bleeding war supplies for more challenges. 

The farther it'll go the harder the battle will be with better ships.

Cheers

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, pellasgos said:

lmao :) the brits will probably make a statue of this guy in front of the port of Bridgetown...hats off for this guy....my goodness... it is the most effective explosion i ever seen in this game by far...i think he took down at least 10-12 ships...

Did someone record a video of this PB and Gorven's fireship?

From this day forward Gorven and his ship shall be known as the "new and improved Gorven manuever".

Edited by Chijohnaok
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...