Game-Labs Forum
Winters

Let's discuse difficulty.

The picture below is what I get at Kapten "135xp" Difficulty, one difficulty higher is the same numbers on both sides but the ships are even bigger. How am I suppose to beat this? Now if I go down one difficulty from "Kapten." The amount of ships on both sides are even but everyone is in mercurys or smaller. So my two option are, way too easy or impossible. Why not just make all the difficulty's even on both sides number and ship type? While the first 1-3 difficulty's could have more ships on your side for newer players.

lR9HODb.jpg

Edited by Winters

I started over again.  New faction.  My missions are me in a cutter with an AI cutter against a Rattler.

Not easy for new folks.

tsa

Do you get stronger the higher your commander level in this or something? Because I can do 135xp missions for as long as my AI allies are still alive. By the time they die its usually 1v4 and I'm forced to run away.

I know all of that, I still have no power over what my AI allies do or don't do. Only thing I haven't tried is rake shooting them all to death. I"ll give it a go.

Edited by Winters

You have a Belle Poule and a Frigate on your side vs Ren and Cerb as the heaviest ships on the enemy team. I think it's fair they get a few more ships?

1 hour ago, Snoopy said:

You have a Belle Poule and a Frigate on your side vs Ren and Cerb as the heaviest ships on the enemy team. I think it's fair they get a few more ships?

I rather be on the side with more ships. Makes it a lot easier to stern camp and evade. Also going for rake shots didn't help much. Their size and speed makes it extremely difficult to lay on perfect shots everytime.

tZQfjbJ.jpg

Edited by Winters

7 hours ago, Winters said:

I rather be on the side with more ships. Makes it a lot easier to stern camp and evade. Also going for rake shots didn't help much. Their size and speed makes it extremely difficult to lay on perfect shots everytime.

Reveal hidden contents

tZQfjbJ.jpg

i think you concentrate too much on raking?

also, take carronades with you

Edited by rediii

Belle can only use 12's at most, I'll try some carros out.
Edit: Carro's did the trick. the 12's just don't put enough damage fast enough.

Edited by Winters
  • Like 1

That's a nice combo, I was not using carro's at all. And was mashed into close range often, that's prob why I was having issues with the missions. 

If you keep wind as hodo suggested the enemy AI will point their bow into the wind most times. Thats also usually when your allied ai runs downwind haha. Although they stern snipe you alot that way.

Yeah I'm getting these done easily now since I switched over to carros. As for wind and all the other things already did it =] 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2016 at 0:09 PM, Hodo said:

I run medium 12s on my Belle and the 24lb carros on the weather deck.  I always run carros on the weather deck.  For extra punch when in close.

I run medium guns because the reload and damage output exceeds that of longs, and the weight savings is important.  

I start every mission by turning to get upwind of my enemy.

Trying to remember but one of those ships with that combo around that level pretty much has the same reload for the meds and the cars so you can actually when up close be firing all guns at the same time and it can be a deadly effect.   

Remember your going into a lower mission with a higher tier ship so it's kinda weighting it towards your fleet when you join.   You don't want to be so out number than you should prob pick a mission closer to your level or stick with solo missions.  Also remember they are fleet missions meant for you and some friends or AI to do together and it only gives you a few AI help.  This is why it's almost always out number when you solo them.  you bring four friends and I bet the numbers will be pretty much equal.

As for Longs vs Meds for me it depends the puprpose of the ship and what I'm doing with it.  If I'm going to be brawling I'll use Mediums and Carros cause I'm going to be in there face broad side to broad side when reload is more important than pen.  Longs I like useing with ships I'm going to keep my distance and I need the longer range to keep away from other ships or so I can pen a ship with much thicker armor than my own.  I have a Rennon I run all 6 lbr longs on, but it's a fleet support ship. I use the same reload guns so I don't have some odd reload of the decks and the 6 longs can reach out and shread sails at a safe distance until my heavier friends show up to the running fight.    So with that every ship has it's roll and place in a fight.   

• Like 1

But I still think difficulty levels need a tweak, I rather fight ships of my own class then a bunch of small fries =\