Game-Labs Forum

Hostility Bomb ©

Our alliance was just hit with 7 battles in the same time. I'm not blaming opposing alliance for doing this, however this should be fixed. It promotes situations that cause less combat. There's no point in defending and attacking 7 ports at once, the main goal is to make defenders and attackers (or at least their screeners) miss each other. This lowers fun for everyone.

A similar exploit should be analyzed with each new solution for hostility... WInning strategy should always promote combat and fun, not boredom and lost time.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 3

Just days ago *people* were complaining that Port Battles were too exclusive and only for elite players and excluded the majority of players. As I see it we gave you a gift. There are now 175 port battle slots to be filled for players of the Brit/Dutch/US(/Pirate) alliance.

You're welcome.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, vazco said:

Our alliance was just hit with 7 battles in the same time. I'm not blaming opposing alliance for doing this, however this should be fixed. It promotes situations that cause less combat. There's no point in defending and attacking 7 ports at once, the main goal is to make defenders and attackers (or at least their screeners) miss each other. This lowers fun for everyone.

A similar exploit should be analyzed with each new solution for hostility... WInning strategy should always promote combat and fun, not boredom and lost time.

Exploit??? Dev's has said it's NOT a exploit and all nations now have used it so far

Edited by North
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, vazco said:

Don't forget that it was the Brit alliance that started to launch port battles at the same time to not have to fight us in san augustin, so now you know how that feels:D

Edited by North
  • Like 1

NEl0bThO.jpeg

Hostility Bomb is now hereby trademarked RDNN, We started it and now we finish it in a big bang:D

In honor of the Brits that thought it would be genius to launch 2 port battles at the same time against the danish alliance so we couldn't defend our allies port..

Have a Great time defending Brit/Dutch/US/(Pirate) Alliance

* Drop Mic*

Edited by North
  • Like 3

I don't care who did it. I care what will happen with this strategy in the future. As for using the strategy, well played and congratulations.

If you won't have 7 port battles with players on both sides, I consider this an exploit, as it will be a way to avoid combat, not to generate it. Again, I don't blame you for using it. It just should be patched for the future.

[ so that ports which you capture won't be taken away from you so easily -_^ ]

At last you prove that you have no interest in improving the game, just finding ways to break it. Well done, we are right back to the false flags again.

Three attacks should not be a problem for 4 nations to defend, but no, the Danish elite want to be able to be in every port battle to show everyone how great they are.

All I can say is thankyou for proving how broken the war supplies mechanic is. So much for all your excuses about how you only did it because it was the only way to get battles.

I hope the Devs take note of this and once and for all remove this broken mechanic.

• Like 4

Yes I thought you would come out with the stupid "salt" claims, again just proving you have no interest in the game succeeding. Its just win at all costs, defend dodgy mechanics and when you are finally left with an empty game claim you have won and move on to the next game to break.

I hope all who have partaken in this feel proud of their actions as they just go to prove that for all they said in multiple posts that they have no interest in getting a good game, they are just interest in finding every angle to show off their e-peen.

To tell the truth, I blame the Devs, they were told for the last few weeks that this was coming and something needed to be done regarding war supplies, but they stood back and let it happen. I know instant fixes are not easy and it takes some time to get it right, but they could at the very least have removed war supplies from the game till a solution was found. Well I wonder how many more people will leave this game now. 

• Like 2

If anything, I hope the devs finally realize that sooner or later static costs (be it flag prices or war supplies) simply dont work as a buffer. Back in the day the PB fleet would pool together the money to pay for a flag or two, and a few months later a lone player could afford to buy flags just for sh*ts and giggles.

Ok IMHO it's lost its fun.  The constant ws bombing on both sides has gotten annoying. Hostility has become pointless and it's just back to the flags but with no notice to intercept. 

Devs please fix this ASAP it has all but made the game until playable. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Maybe 2 more topics about it and it will be instantly fixed

LOL what ever it takes. The bombing is just not fun. If someone disagrees then fine, maybe this isn't the game for me. 

1 hour ago, North said:

NEl0bThO.jpeg

Hostility Bomb is now hereby trademarked RDNN, We started it and now we finish it in a big bang:D

In honor of the Brits that thought it would be genius to launch 2 port battles at the same time against the danish alliance so we couldn't defend our allies port..

Have a Great time defending Brit/Dutch/US/(Pirate) Alliance

* Drop Mic*

The question is, is this fun? Do you all like doing this? do you like when it happens to you?  You found a broken mechanic, but is there a need to exploit it? Same thing with logging off under the cross swords. 

I for one would prefer OW PVP and some interaction on the water to crafting WS and just dropping it off. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Daguse said:

The question is, is this fun? Do you all like doing this? do you like when it happens to you?  You found a broken mechanic, but is there a need to exploit it? Same thing with logging off under the cross swords. 

I for one would prefer OW PVP and some interaction on the water to crafting WS and just dropping it off. 

Don't forget neutral nations who are working together tagging each other but not fighting.

Swedes + French did this in front of Bridgetown last time.

19 minutes ago, Archaos said:

At last you prove that you have no interest in improving the game, just finding ways to break it. Well done, we are right back to the false flags again.

Three attacks should not be a problem for 4 nations to defend, but no, the Danish elite want to be able to be in every port battle to show everyone how great they are.

All I can say is thankyou for proving how broken the war supplies mechanic is. So much for all your excuses about how you only did it because it was the only way to get battles.

I hope the Devs take note of this and once and for all remove this broken mechanic.

You cannot say that just because sometimes we want to just have fun in the game, we are not serious about testing it. The other alliance was throwing coordinated hostility bombs at us, so we answered in kind. We were indeed testing the limits of the mechanic (8 is the limit btw), but by no means was that our main motivation. And demonstrating the cooperativeness needed to pull something like this off. It's not like when VP/US/Brits used 3 coordinated war supplies they were testing something either, as it had already been done first by us.

And about the number of attacks. For weeks there has been complaints about elite port battle forces forming and about Danes showing up everywhere. Well, now you know that Danes won't be showing up everywhere. Now everyone gets battles. There are slots for 175 players in Port Battles on each side of the alliances. Port Battles are not just for a chosen few on Wednesday. Both our allies and our enemies should be happy. For defenders showing up is incredibly simple. It requires just teleporting in. 

And yes. Devs will change war supplies in just a few days. And until then we might as well burn through the war Supplies that we have.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Daguse said:

LOL what ever it takes. The bombing is just not fun. If someone disagrees then fine, maybe this isn't the game for me. 

You missed my point. Noone likes this shit, but the devs are no wizards. Just give them some time.

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo
  • Like 1