Game-Labs Forum

Battle of Trafalgar

Hyperion74

No one mentioned it on the forums and I am very late about it myself. Oct.21 was the 209th anniversy. I knew that it was this month but had to check on it. Even if you don't think much of Admiral Lord Nelson, he is still considered one if the greatest naval stratigist who ever lived and Trafalger was a brilliant victory. He is a hero of mine. I salute you, Sir.

I also missed talk like a pirate day, which slightly saddened me.

As an Ex RN man I always toast "The Immortal Memory" on 21 Oct. Every naval unit almost without exception will have a commemoration dinner, on the day wherever possible, if not a close to the date as they can. Having left the Navy in 1997 I tried every friend and every favour I could to get an invite to a dinner anywhere for the 200th Anniversary in 2005. Sadly was not to be. I also have a very amusing "script" about Trafalgar, which I will post shortly when I can find it. I did actually make an oblique reference to Trafalgar Day in a thread I started, saying the 21 Oct would be a perfect date to start Sea Trials. Obviously "some fell on stony ground".

Well, ON, that's pretty cool. Sorry I missed your reference. love history and it's heros. I must have English DNA in me as much as I admire Nelson and despise the french. Sorry french people, genetic. Mir, I am a landlocked lubber as well. I live on the western edge of the northern great planes of the United States. I did live a few miles from the Atlantic when I was young and didn't appreciate it enough. Then again, I love the prarie and mountains just a little bit more than the beach. It's awesome to be aquainted with lads from other countries. Hope to talk with you guys on team speak. I can speak heavily accented german english from a woman who was in my life as a child and english english from years of Monty Python.

The USMC birthday if coming up and I will post it.