Game-Labs Forum

Santa Ana (1784)

Sir. Cunningham

She looks like POTBS, Formidable' Second Rate = Christianus Sixtus 1733 Danish

I don't see much in the way of similarities, except that they're both heavily gunned line of battle ships.  The rig's completely different, the transom's different, the tops are different, and the bulwarks are different.  It appears that the bow's projection angle is quite different as well, but that could be partly due to the different angles at which these pictures show these ships.  Really, besides being based on wooden ships, and having lots of cannons, there's not much similarity between these two boats.

• Like 2

I don't see much in the way of similarities, except that they're both heavily gunned line of battle ships.  The rig's completely different, the transom's different, the tops are different, and the bulwarks are different.  It appears that the bow's projection angle is quite different as well, but that could be partly due to the different angles at which these pictures show these ships.  Really, besides being based on wooden ships, and having lots of cannons, there's not much similarity between these two boats.

Yeah, but it's the ship in PotBS which comes the closest I think :) Eventhough the formidable also kinda shares some features off the HMS Victory I think :)

the formi is more narrow where the Ana is more wider and a round sterngallery i guess its a similar class to trinidad except 3 gun decks.

but since we get the Trinidad for Spain a second spanish First rate will be low priority same as another british First rate.

needing now a French one maybe one build by the US if not there are alot of old late 1600 ships from Dutch and Sweden.

the formi is more narrow where the Ana is more wider and a round sterngallery i guess its a similar class to trinidad except 3 gun decks.

but since we get the Trinidad for Spain a second spanish First rate will be low priority same as another british First rate.

needing now a French one maybe one build by the US if not there are alot of old late 1600 ships from Dutch and Sweden.

Would be nice if every nation got a basic frigate and 74-gun ship first. Not that I hate first rates, but you know its nice to see the workhorses as top priority.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Spanish Armada... Amazing ships, big ships, gold convoys... And this is no exception:

To start off I will write a bit about how it came to be: this was the 1st Santa Ana class ship-of-the-line out of the 8 there were built. Built on the Reales Astilleros de Esteiro, Ferrol (Spain) was launched to sea on the 28th of September, 1784, and later assigned on the 28th of February, 1785 to Captain Félix de Tejada. (he gave the all clear to the building of the other 7 ships.)

2nv3qwz.jpg

Trafalgar: her captain on the battle of Trafalgar was José de Gardoqui, 97 deaths, 141 wounded, completely demasted... Rescued by an 80 gun ship-of-the-line: Rayo...               s13gwk.jpg

What are you thoughts on the ship? Would you like to see it in-game? What would you add?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post about something that makes me proud of my country, Spain (Not the battle of Trafalgar, the ship)
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Would be nice if every nation got a basic frigate and 74-gun ship first. Not that I hate first rates, but you know its nice to see the workhorses as top priority.

I with you on this one.  I really am not a fan of 1st and 2nd rate SOLs.   What I am a fan of is Frigates and other 4th rates.  I really want to see tons and tons of them, especially two-deckers with 50-60 odd guns as I think these are the most beautiful ships during the age of sail.  74-gun ships are the biggest I have any interest in playing, especially in Open World.