Game-Labs Forum

Ideal Campaign Start?

kjchan

2 hours ago, MikeK said:

Question - The Napoleon was widely favored as a mainstay for its destructive power at close and medium range. Is this not reflected in game?

Can you point to someplace that explains how scaling works?  What matters?   Is it more corps, more brigades, more divisions, more men, or what?  The number of brigade slots for the player army on the map is fixed, so how can you bring more troops to the battle?

Scaling is about to change, dramatically, in the next few days with this patch. I wouldn't spend a lot of time figuring out how it works today. 

The Napoleon should be a game winner at close range, particulary because of it's ability to function as a gun or howitzer, but, again, artillery needs a major tweak and it's not forthcoming in this particular patch. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2016 at 1:12 AM, Don't Escrow Taxes said:

That is interesting, outfitting your best troops with the best melee weapons for critical charging.  Very interesting.  I bet when multiplayer comes that will be key. 

I like to have one primary division I hold in the second line and move to the trouble spots, I have one elite brigade built for firepower and one elite brigade built for melee; with two scratch line brigades to take casualties and a heavy battery of napoleons to soften up the opposition. It's a killer. 

• Like 1