Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PIerrick de Badas

Nightlfips and stacking PB

Since the last pastch the differents nation are suffering of 2 behaviors

First one is stacking of port battle. A nation is attack on multiple area on the same time to not allow the nation ot defend

Second problem are the nightflip.

The last patch introduce no solution for that when it was one of the most hating things for most of us.

I would like to suggest the Pobt ssolution. I know the rvr may seems to be copy to potbs but if they used it it was because it was probably the best to do so

First: The PB are on fix hours every 30 minutes. If a stack is token, the next pb is on hour after. It prevent stacking of pb on the same nation
Second: PB are shedulded for 12 hour. You can flip a port outside of thie window but the pb is on 46h if in the window, if not, it's take the "better slot" the one in middle of the window. Or you can't make unrest while outside window

• Like 1

Great Britain had three simultaneous  port battles to defend. Brits, Dutch and Americans  from around the globe logged on, and defended those ports.  

The ONLY restriction on PB time should be two hours before downtime and two hours after, which is what it is now IIRC.

"Night flip"?  No such thing on a global server.  It is always noon somewhere.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Atreides said:

The ONLY restriction on PB time should be two hours before downtime and two hours after, which is what it is now IIRC."Night flip"?  No such thing on a global server.  It is always noon somewhere.  

"No such thing on a global server. " There is as soon as the nations with a huge part of american/asian/australian players get into one alliance. which is the case.

You outnumber us by far in american/asian/australien timezones and as soon as you realize this you can get every region on the map you want. get 3-4 portbattles in this timezone and you can cap the hell out of the EU nations while you can still defend in eu timezones

Edited by rediii
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Atreides said:

Great Britain had three simultaneous  port battles to defend. Brits, Dutch and Americans  from around the globe logged on, and defended those ports.  

The ONLY restriction on PB time should be two hours before downtime and two hours after, which is what it is now IIRC.

"Night flip"?  No such thing on a global server.  It is always noon somewhere.  

We mentioned in patch notes that we can return the lord protector windows in case night flips become rampant. 

Looks like the admin still thinks that a "night flip" is a real thing - even to the point that it is about to force us to backtrack on development thanks to it. So thanks.

Several months ago people might take it in stride (perhaps even deluding themselves by thinking that it will ever be resolved amicably), but it's exactly during lulls like we're having now with people barely justifying to log in at all that they sure as shit aren't going to do so at night.

So quite frankly, f%!"% global servers, this failed experiment has gone on long enough already and is only getting worse now that you can't even defend your own ports on your own time.

So this euro player by your rules would not be able to enter any port battles probably because I get only to play at US late afternoon to prime time East coast.

as it is now I rarely see a port battle so let's put this in perspective.

port battles fought this week 

Bermuda Danes 19.31 server time defended by Britsh screened by Americans and a few Dutch

Bridgetown France 19.31 hours defended by Dutch and screened by General British pop in the area 

Belize Spain 19:31 hours Defended by British and some pirate screens 

San Augustine Britsh, Dutch screeners 01:00 hours defended by Spain and assisted by Swedes with Sorry clan screening

Savannah American 01:00 hours defended by Danes full fleet.

yes we dropped hostility bombs to raise ours as did you but you have also found out it is near impossible to raise hostility by missions without getting ganked by defending forces.

To be honest the system now here works and once again the devs have said and I quote " this is not a euro server it is a global server that is based in EU " the server is based in Germany I suspect the only problem I see is the that both France and Spain need to get over the language issues you both have if you spoke English and were more accepting of English speakers things would be so much better for you. I know of many Aussies that wanted to play for France got pushed out excluded from taking part in port battles and generally denied a role in French society France has to get over the language issues if they wish to become a force to be reckoned with, being more accepting of players that wanted play smaller nations would help you more and provide more round the clock cover.

as for Spain I can only assume that there are similar language issues affecting your chances of getting round the clock player cover.

im not in the french nation so i cant speak about how they handle english speakers. portbattles in sweden are commanded in english and german so there shouldnt be a problem at all, yet we dont get as much around the clock players like britain or usa. i would join a nation called "prussia" too if there would be one. i would join spain too if i would be a spaniard and i would join brits if im from usa/australia/UK and i think most of the new players think the same. 

You cant deny that most players from america/asia/australia will join brits or usa.

one of our current problems is the current alliance block. you get one with mostly EU players and one with EU and US/asian/australien players. the situation would look different if america would join the eastern block and another nation would join the western block but this isnt and will not be the case if you know how fix these alliances are.

14 minutes ago, rediii said:

im not in the french nation so i cant speak about how they handle english speakers. portbattles in sweden are commanded in english and german so there shouldnt be a problem at all, yet we dont get as much around the clock players like britain or usa. i would join a nation called "prussia" too if there would be one. i would join spain too if i would be a spaniard and i would join brits if im from usa/australia/UK and i think most of the new players think the same. 

You cant deny that most players from america/asia/australia will join brits or usa.

one of our current problems is the current alliance block. you get one with mostly EU players and one with EU and US/asian/australien players. the situation would look different if america would join the eastern block and another nation would join the western block but this isnt and will not be the case if you know how fix these alliances are.

As a disclaimer, I do not play the EU server and am speaking purely from an outsider's point of view - But maybe the issue with the alliances also rests in the language barriers.  Now I don't have the ego to demand that French, Spanish, Danish, Swedish, and Dutch players all speak English just so I can understand you, but perhaps having an english speaking Ambassador would help.  Over at PVP2 we have our own Superalliance issues, but taking an active role in engendering positive relationships with the other nations (as wanted, anyway) could change the dynamic of the game altogether.  In the beginning it would probably be downright bribery, but it could still work. 

Mutual Benefit is probably the only thing that can overcome the cultural and language differences between two nations.  It would pose a LOT of difficulties, but it could be a worthwhile goal with huge potential outcomes.

2 minutes ago, Edward Canaday said:

As a disclaimer, I do not play the EU server and am speaking purely from an outsider's point of view - But maybe the issue with the alliances also rests in the language barriers.  Now I don't have the ego to demand that French, Spanish, Danish, Swedish, and Dutch players all speak English just so I can understand you, but perhaps having an english speaking Ambassador would help.  Over at PVP2 we have our own Superalliance issues, but taking an active role in engendering positive relationships with the other nations (as wanted, anyway) could change the dynamic of the game altogether.  In the beginning it would probably be downright bribery, but it could still work. 

Mutual Benefit is probably the only thing that can overcome the cultural and language differences between two nations.  It would pose a LOT of difficulties, but it could be a worthwhile goal with huge potential outcomes.

sweden/denmark/france alliance is the most multiculti thing and only works with english + one translator if necessary. so i wouldnt say the problem is a language barrier between nations. portbattles in sweden happen in 2 languages now. english and german. danish portbattles happen in russian and english. i dont know about the french but probably they happen in french.

I'm not doubting you in the least, but there is a big difference between European and American culture, and then the same to be said for Australian and Asian culture.  So while you are quite multicultural from a European perspective, attempting to ally with America or Britain (where everyone is pretty much a native english speaker with a particular cultural lean) is a dramatically different.  Having lived in Germany for a few years, and in general having a bit more "worldly" experience with multiple cultural dynamics, I can say that Americans in particular are more dramatically different in how we perceive the world than most other European nations.  We tend to be mildly elitist (some more than others) and many people have a strong aversion to feeling left out.  That's what will typically create a separation between English speaking America and most other nations.  When you live in Europe, you can and should expect to encounter many different languages - and are therefore more accepting of the difference.  For Americans, we don't experience that quite so much, and immediately distrust non-english speakers (they could be talking about me).  

So what all of that means is that if you want to break up the other alliances, special pains must be taken to account for the different cultures of the "enemy" alliance.  

59 minutes ago, Llewellyn Jones RN said:

To be honest the system now here works and once again the devs have said and I quote " this is not a euro server it is a global server that is based in EU " the server is based in Germany I suspect the only problem I see is the that both France and Spain need to get over the language issues you both have if you spoke English and were more accepting of English speakers things would be so much better for you. I know of many Aussies that wanted to play for France got pushed out excluded from taking part in port battles and generally denied a role in French society France has to get over the language issues if they wish to become a force to be reckoned with, being more accepting of players that wanted play smaller nations would help you more and provide more round the clock cover.

as for Spain I can only assume that there are similar language issues affecting your chances of getting round the clock player cover.

While you're probably correct in terms of France and Spain, how come there's so few US/Aussie players with the Swedes who run most things in english? Or the Dutch who run most things in english (as far as I know)? Or most shocking of all, the pirates who used to have considerable amounts of US/Aussie players?

Reckon it's more to do with the lack of critical mass - you'd need a fair few to establish something of a community at those hours, and considerable numbers for RvR activities.

25 minutes ago, Aegir said:

While you're probably correct in terms of France and Spain, how come there's so few US/Aussie players with the Swedes who run most things in english? Or the Dutch who run most things in english (as far as I know)? Or most shocking of all, the pirates who used to have considerable amounts of US/Aussie players?

Reckon it's more to do with the lack of critical mass - you'd need a fair few to establish something of a community at those hours, and considerable numbers for RvR activities.

I am not sure what the problem with Sweden is either maybe it's probably to do with their starting position than a language barrier .

as for the Pirates the problem there is a mix with the early clans being dominated by Russian Clans while the main American Clan that played melted away when their clan leader jumped ship after the clan was ostracised for doing their own thing which is what pirates should be doing, they should be their own entity. Then you have SORRY  who are the movers and shakers in the Pirate nation now predominantly not to mention some of the other clans to many to list really.

I still vote for timezone servers. Getting up in the middle of the night gets old really fast. 

And don't come with that choose your allies bit. That's just BS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aegir said:

I suspect most of the pirates went inactive when pirate mechanics never materialized 

3 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

I still vote for timezone servers. Getting up in the middle of the night gets old really fast. 

And don't come with that choose your allies bit. That's just BS.

Kloothommel....

Let's not forget it is the Danes that attacked a US port, right next to the US capitol.  Of course the US will try to retake it at US times.

We will see you again in a few nights.  Kisses...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Salty Dog PVP1 said:

Kloothommel....

Let's not forget it is the Danes that attacked a US port, right next to the US capitol.  Of course the US will try to retake it at US times.

We will see you again in a few nights.  Kisses...

Will love to have you over for a couple of free 1st rates and some killing of the rest:D just come, you are more then welcome...

No need to log off in front of port like last time, we don't bother with screening anyway when we defend:D

• Like 1

Now i expect all you people who are mad about the PB tonight to start in on the Spanish who just put one at dinner time on thanksgiving (after 10pm EU time on a weekday mind you).    Otherwise I don't want to hear any more about it :P 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I am not going to quote any one person in this thread because it is filled with so much salt.  

First of all, this is not a single player game, so the idea of it working on YOUR schedule is absurd.  Try and limit it to a set block of time and you will kill the game for half the gaming world, one way or the other.   More so if you are going to merge the servers.   

As for nations being very language based, well this is their problem.  If they only want French speaking players in France, then well... expect to be undermanned.   Get good or get rekt.    Just using them as an example.

This is a WORLD server, unfortunately this game mirrors real life.  Battles don't happen when it is convenient for you, but when you it is convenient for the enemy.   Do you think the Germans in WWII waited till the Allies were ready when they launched their counter attack in December of 1944?  Do you think the Japanese asked if the US was ready for their attack on Pearl Harbor?   Not only no, but HELL NO!

So if you want to defend your ports, then learn to counter the hostility before it gets to that point.  Granted the hostility bombs make that difficult right now but that WILL change. 

So TL;DR,

War doesn't happen on your schedule, make friends in other timezones or lose to those who do. 

Exaggerating quite a bit.

Last time I checked people have asked for separate servers, not enforcing a particular location's timers on a server without providing any option for players outside of that location - aka "kill the game for half the gaming world". The only difference is that the euro players probably wouldn't bat an eye about doing it because they have a healthy population and RvR going. Don't even care who it is that moves if it's the kicking out feeling that seems scary about it - make a brand spanking new euro server, turn this one into a US locale and I'd happily leave.

The language issue has already been covered, France isn't the rule. I can't fault the Aussies for joining the Brits, nor the americans for joining the US, but if they want to hold hands as well it's pretty obvious that their RvR will be nil,and now the rest of us have to suffer because of their lack of action.

And the WW2 analogy is just flat out moronic. No one has an issue with such surprise attacks when it's on the same terms - hell, back in the day I've been up at 5am to assault Dutch ports in a sneak attack just to reach Willemstad - the problem is that it's completely asymmetric when different timezones are concerned. What is a one-off sneak attack to a player from the same timezone is just another day at the office for someone from a different timezone, and all of a sudden you end up with EVERY attack being one of these attacks at minimal effort.

1 hour ago, Aegir said:

The language issue has already been covered, France isn't the rule. I can't fault the Aussies for joining the Brits, nor the americans for joining the US, but if they want to hold hands as well it's pretty obvious that their RvR will be nil,and now the rest of us have to suffer because of their lack of action.

This exactly.

I would leave for a EU friendly locked timezone server as well.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

This exactly.

I would leave for a EU friendly locked timezone server as well.

Me2..

• Like 1

On 22/11/2016 at 9:26 PM, Wraith said:

Maybe if you weren't such a insufferable hypocrite you might be able to recruit some US-time zone players? ;) Seriously though, recruiting, buying, or otherwise securing help that fits your nation's needs is part of being in a persistent, open world multiplayer game... Instead of moaning about placing game mechanics in the way why don't you actually try to create some content for the game world and other players rather than exploiting the mechanics and forums to manipulate things to suit your favored outcome?

Bunch of bull.. The US/Brit/Dutch has a far larger population in non-EU timezones and it's got nothing to do with anyone being hypocritical or unwelcoming to strangers.. It's got a lot more to do with the historical affection for some old colonial nations. The problem with the current timetables (or lack thereoff) is that it forces EU based players to either stay awake all night or to get up at ridicolous times.. I have a job.. And I'd like to keep it.. And I don't like being forced out of the batlles just because 10 brits/americans wants to take an undefended port when they can't take a defended one.. 

There is no fun in a game that forces working ppl to be up at 2 AM - and it's not exactly like the server depopulation of the EU based server will be affected much by the american/AUS players leaving, on the contrary as it would ensure that noone is forced to be up at the wee hours of the night, we might see a resurgence of some of the players who has allready left.. And there's allready a US based server for the US/AUS players to join..

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

You are already playing on one now.  The problem is the EU spans what 5 or 6 time zones from the Urals to Portugal.  So what maybe good for you in the Netherlands maybe late for those in Moscow.   Unless you want a GMT+1 Only server.  But where do you draw the line? 

See the problem.

12 hour lockout timers is not exactly a prob for anyone in the EU..

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

I am saying that, it starts with 12 hour lockouts, then someone in western france cries about PBs being to early because people in Moscow are forcing PBs before they get up.   And they want a western EU server.  

And if you go with a 12hr server, what do you do the other 12hrs, sit and watch paint dry?

What a ridicoulus statement..

EDIT: The server shouldn't be closed - only the possibility for PB (which u well know).. So there's plenty of PvP to be had.... If the US/Brit/Dutch alliance would leave their ports that is..

Edited by Bearwall