Game-Labs Forum
admin

New features - tow request

In the new content patch captains will be able to request ship tow from outpost to outpost. Its a long overdue feature that will untie our hands in several other mechanics (for example for ship capture). 

• Like 35

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

sorry but, what is tow?

moving ships to outposts, tow is when an object (ship or whatever) gets pulled by something

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alado said:

but, we have send a ship, to other outpost with smuglers, misions or enemy ships.  Idont know how this work

Maybe it is Delivery, like delivery of resources but with ships ? Guess we have to test it out to find out.

So does this mean ship teleporting will be removed from the game entirely?  And will towing occur on the OW? And if we can tow ships between any outpost can we load them with goods? 

7 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I hope towed ships cannot be loaded with goods. 

Yeah, I'm just curious about the mechanic... as honestly I don't really understand the need for "towing" given that we can currently teleport ships to any outpost simply via mission or NPC capping. Unless "towing" is combined with some other, potentially far more game-changing mechanic (e.g. removal of teleport via fleet management, removal of AI in player fleets entirely (please let this be true), or some other OW transport mechanism) then I guess I'm missing the point?

2 hours ago, admin said:

In the new content patch captains will be able to request ship tow from outpost to outpost. Its a long overdue feature that will untie our hands in several other mechanics (for example for ship capture). 

there will be a countdown we have to wait when we send ship between outposts? like actual delivery?

Pretty vague on how this works. Are you saying its kinda like a " follow" command where one ship on the open world tows another one or is like invisible slower auto teleports to remove the last 2 players left on the ow?

• Like 3

FINALLY! This might be the best feature you will ever implement.

ps. having more outposts would be another easy to implement and great fix.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mrdoomed said:

Pretty vague on how this works. Are you saying its kinda like a " follow" command where one ship on the open world tows another one or is like invisible slower auto teleports to remove the last 2 players left on the ow?

Quoting myself cuz i havent seen an answer and im very curious . 

In all honesty if its a new way to teleport ships and empty the ow, then im basically done with the game.

I dont do port battles so there is nothing left for me our my clan here.

6 hours ago, Mrdoomed said:

Quoting myself cuz i havent seen an answer and im very curious . 

In all honesty if its a new way to teleport ships and empty the ow, then im basically done with the game.

I dont do port battles so there is nothing left for me our my clan here.

"request ship tow from outpost to outpost" pretty clear what that means in my eyes - like the delivery-system from freeports but ships and only Outpost to Outpost.

I dont do port battles so there is nothing left for me our my clan here

And requesting tows instead of teleporting ships from A to B is your main concern for not having anything to do?

• Like 2

WOW, OMG !!!!1111oneoneone

This mighty excellent and essential for any player feature WILL SURLEY increase amount of PvP and thousands of old players will come back to tow each other ships...

• Like 1

Oh, thank god for that. Instead of "bending" the rules to get ships TP'd we can now use a real game mechanic.

I'm guessing this means that a capped ship in a battle now can't be TP'ed but needs to be crewed and sailed out. I'm guessing that is what they mean by "untie our hands in several other mechanics"

• Like 2

Would be nice if the ships travel as AI fleet per OW, would be give more reason to attack AI fleets in the hope it was a Player Ship and steal his Ship ,  and on this way devs can reduce real AI ships until oneday only Player ships sail on OW  *dream*