Game-Labs Forum

Game Comments

Timothy7819

Hello,

As a gamer who started into this genre with Sid Meier's Gettysburg, and Antietam, and played Ultimate General Gettysburg for hours on end, I must say this is a great game. I could go into depth on the reasons why I think this is a great game, and I know it will get better as it is in early release. I do have some comments I would like to share and see improved moving forward.

I wish I could replenish my infantry brigades beyond 1,500 soldiers. Often times the enemy outnumbers you in terms of units as it is - plus their units are often twice the size as that of a player. This can make attacking difficult, or defending when two brigades of 3,000 soldiers charge in against a mere 1,500 of your own.

It is often difficult to execute a crucial wheel when then enemy is on your flank. Very often my soldiers will not stop shooting at a close enemy. This often has disastrous results. Often I see an enemy brigade charging on my flank, however my unit will not maneuver while already firing. And then again, its 3,000+ vs my smaller unit in hand to hand combat. Often this results in a unit being "used up" for the rest of the battle"

Sometimes switching officers will not result in a name change for that unit.

Overall a great game. I can't wait to see what is in store as you all continue development.

So more feedback. It would be nice if double quick was toggled off once a unit reached its destination, or halted. Also, telling a unit to fall back is often overried (as is wheeling a unit) once they begin firing. Playing for the union and trying to fall back to the hornett's nest is a difficult task when units do not listen.

It would be nice if a developer commented about intended fixes.

It

On 11/20/2016 at 2:23 PM, Timothy7819 said:

I wish I could replenish my infantry brigades beyond 1,500 soldiers. Often times the enemy outnumbers you in terms of units as it is - plus their units are often twice the size as that of a player. This can make attacking difficult, or defending when two brigades of 3,000 soldiers charge in against a mere 1,500 of your own.

You need higher Army Organization stat. I had the same frustration early as well. Enough points in AO gets your Brigade Size up to 2500.

3 hours ago, Timothy7819 said:

So more feedback. It would be nice if double quick was toggled off once a unit reached its destination, or halted. Also, telling a unit to fall back is often overried (as is wheeling a unit) once they begin firing. Playing for the union and trying to fall back to the hornett's nest is a difficult task when units do not listen.

It would be nice if a developer commented about intended fixes.

You can tell units to not fire if this is being a problem. They do generally try to get one last volley off if they're close to shooting instead of flat out running.