Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

my suggestion is to remove the open world feature completly.It just cripples the game in thermes of pvp.

You need a 1st/2nd rate to have good fights.What made me buy this game was the youtube vids of epic pvp battles with all kind of ships.

That dont happen anymore.Open world cripples this game imho.

I rather have a lobby system again where people fight in the way its meant to be.

MAKE NAVAL ACTION GREAT AGAIN!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is that kind of game will get boring rather fast which was starting to happen before OW was released. I rather not have another WoWs type game... we have one already.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish i could say what i wanted to but i cant.

Basically you whiners have gotten your way and destroyed the ow. You are now sleeing in the crap filled bed you made.

So so so so many of us horrible , hated , and shunned players said we would quit if you made ow impossible or pointless.

Well they did and we did. Enjoy your game of 40 players. Once you get your battle only game and realise people wont playba progression game where battles take 2 hours each.

Again .  congrats to you 40 players left and your greatgame.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's more about making quick battles great again for players that just want a quick PVP fight.

OW has his downsights but it's a compromise between having a large world and being able to travel it relatively quickly. Also i'm going to guess that OW is far lighter both on the machine and the server side both for graphics and physics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shr84 said:

You need a 1st/2nd rate to have good fights

Not true.
You are assuming EVERYONE prefers huge SoL fights, which is simply not true. Many (like myself) prefer privateering in lower class ships, maybe frigates. Those can be a lot of fun too, as you can actually turn and it doesnt just come down to which side has the better planking mods to buff HP etc.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want a large battle without the OW?

Get two large groups together

Missions Tab --> Large Battle

Edited by Anne Wildcat
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removal of OW would be terrible. 

 

OW is beautiful and full of surprise.  

The devs will get it right for release and this awesome game will be great again!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like keeping OW. But I think the game needs to be flexible about some previously held beliefs.

There is just not sufficient playerbase for a world this size. I started playing this game last year and have always been treating the world as a place that will come more alive once the playerbase increases. If this increase is not going to happen, the OW is always going to seem sterile. I'm not sure if the answer is increased OW travel speed once a certain distance from shore, making it easier to go where the fights are. I'm not sure if it's increasing the impetus for such fights to occur, via a notoriety system, or better rewards, or other.

But the reason OW is disliked by some is that when populated by 150-600 players it doesn't feel like a robust, living world. It feels like an inefficient use of space if the intent is to get people to find each other and fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you remove open world then just go play world of warships, i left that game for this one because i love open world games like EVE and NA for the random PVP.

Edited by Rebel Witch
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 'Sharpe said:

I like keeping OW. But I think the game needs to be flexible about some previously held beliefs.

There is just not sufficient playerbase for a world this size. I started playing this game last year and have always been treating the world as a place that will come more alive once the playerbase increases. If this increase is not going to happen, the OW is always going to seem sterile. I'm not sure if the answer is increased OW travel speed once a certain distance from shore, making it easier to go where the fights are. I'm not sure if it's increasing the impetus for such fights to occur, via a notoriety system, or better rewards, or other.

But the reason OW is disliked by some is that when populated by 150-600 players it doesn't feel like a robust, living world. It feels like an inefficient use of space if the intent is to get people to find each other and fight.

Players who dislike open world or having to move in it are simply players who lack the   competence to survive on thier own and need protection in numbers where thier lack of skill is compensated by others who  Excel at it.

Wanting faster open world speed can be debated but those looking to avoid it all together are just hiding thier true desire .

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No OW - we are many who would leave - I second Anne Wildcat : Go into the battle screen and stay there.... Leave OW to those of us who like that pace

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a test, have 2 servers: one for OW and one for arcade arena tournaments.

The OW server would remain the same allowing for conquests and such. The arena server would be the battles only part. And characters from each server would not be usable on the other server. So your rank and ships unlocked in the arena server will not carry over to the OW server, nor would your rank and crafted ships in the OW server carry over to the arena server.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Here's a test, have 2 servers: one for OW and one for arcade arena tournaments.

The OW server would remain the same allowing for conquests and such. The arena server would be the battles only part. And characters from each server would not be usable on the other server. So your rank and ships unlocked in the arena server will not carry over to the OW server, nor would your rank and crafted ships in the OW server carry over to the arena server.

It needs to be something because after  a year of play and trying to make suggestions on how to keep ow players happy and not just clickers i have given up. Not one update has helped make players who enjoy ow combat happy but every update seems to make portbattle and teleport more the play style.

So for now i have even quit the game. I was the last in my clan of ow true pirate players left so for now all of us have quit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, no OW is arcade-ish.  This game in its current state and this game with all its potential is not suited for an arcade style play.  Removing OW would be a poor move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

Here's a test, have 2 servers: one for OW and one for arcade arena tournaments.

The OW server would remain the same allowing for conquests and such. The arena server would be the battles only part. And characters from each server would not be usable on the other server. So your rank and ships unlocked in the arena server will not carry over to the OW server, nor would your rank and crafted ships in the OW server carry over to the arena server.

I don't think separate ranks are currently possible because of the way NA is tied into Steam. Its the reason why your experience levels (rank & crafting) are identical on all 3 servers. Does it have to be that way? I dunno, but that's the way it is.

 

Other than that - why do people who want arcade play not seem to know about (or bother to use) the Arena modes? Maybe because they're empty? Maybe because the vast majority want OW, and just want it to be more enjoyable? (I hate to say 'fun')

Edited by Angus McGregor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the problem; we have an OW and the devs keep putting mechanics in place to encourage "arena" fair fights.  One or the other, please.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2016 at 12:32 AM, Grundal said:

Removal of OW would be terrible. 

 

OW is beautiful and full of surprise.  

The devs will get it right for release and this awesome game will be great again!

allmost 3 years later in can say with ease

 

N

O

P

E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2016 at 1:53 AM, Rebel Witch said:

If you remove open world then just go play world of warships, i left that game for this one because i love open world games like EVE and NA for the random PVP.

what can WOWS give me if enjoy 18th century NAVAL ACTION (actually)

i dont know, maybie i dont looked long enough, but i cant find any age of sail ships in the tec trees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2016 at 1:44 PM, Blaatand said:

No OW - we are many who would leave - I second Anne Wildcat : Go into the battle screen and stay there.... Leave OW to those of us who like that pace

i woud love to leave you with OW.problem is, this is not in my hands.Its totally up to the developers.

And when the money runs out servers tend to shut down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2016 at 6:59 PM, Angus McGregor said:

I don't think separate ranks are currently possible because of the way NA is tied into Steam. Its the reason why your experience levels (rank & crafting) are identical on all 3 servers. Does it have to be that way? I dunno, but that's the way it is.

 

Other than that - why do people who want arcade play not seem to know about (or bother to use) the Arena modes? Maybe because they're empty? Maybe because the vast majority want OW, and just want it to be more enjoyable? (I hate to say 'fun')

i woudnt call 40 vs 40 rooms arcade.... The sailing and combat woud be still top notch and kinda sim like.

All what woud fall away is the pointless waste of time sailing around looking for an epic fleet battle, which never happens (in my case (the reason coud be i simply dont have enough time

to spend 4 hours in a game beeing idle to MAYBIE find 1 fight))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

I'd probably quit and see if I can get my money back if that happened. 

HAHAHAHA

you wont get your money back, in any case xD

thats why they push release now...

CASE CLOSED

good bye o7

Edited by shr84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shr84 said:

HAHAHAHA

you wont get your money back, in any case xD

thats why they push release now...

CASE CLOSED

good bye o7

You are answering your own case as well. They wont go back so case closed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only the kind of gamers still stuck in 2007 want every game to be arena style. That time has passed. OW is where it's at.
8mpU66h.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2016 at 8:36 PM, shr84 said:

You need a 1st/2nd rate to have good fights.

 

On 11/20/2016 at 10:50 PM, Liq said:

Many (like myself) prefer privateering in lower class ships, maybe frigates.

Believe it or not but I am one of the few people who enjoyed the Basic Cutters battles in NA Legends. I just love the versatility and marksmanship of a 7th rate. Good fights galore in Basic Cutters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...