Game-Labs Forum

Camera Position - smallest zoom not in the middle - what about on After deck

So much can be said about camera perspectives. I view it as a core gameplay element that should have been finished years ago.

Take a look at the Tides of War, the cheap NA-knockoff (they even use the Ontario). The alpha is basically unplayable but they already have immersive quarterdeck, masthead and foredeck views.

• Like 1

While we are on the topic of camera view and zoom, I shall just leave this here :ph34r:

On 11/11/2016 at 6:42 PM, Smithy said:

I want the ability to zoom out further from the ships.

I find it a headache how hard it is to see the horizon ahead of the ship. if you angle the camera to see the horizon above the masts you have literally a tiny strip across the top of the screen to actually see anything otherwise your mostly looking down at the ship. As nice as the ships are to look at, i would like to see where i was going.

being able to change FOV would be nice too, seems its about 70deg at the moment?

On 11/15/2016 at 10:22 AM, Luc said:

Hello, 

small suggestion. Some player prefer to play the game with the smallest zoom stage (like on board). 

What about moving this camera Position to the afterdeck. The main place for the captain?

I love first person view in battles and this is a grand idea. I hope they do something like this both in battle and OW. Helps with immersion and fun factor.