Game-Labs Forum

Pirate changes - informants

In order to make the game more exciting I would recommend the following system be added to the pirate nation in upcoming patches.

informants-

Pirate players can select a new "Informant" perk for their officer.  There would actually need to be multiple perks for each enemy nation. British informant, Dutch informant, Spanish informant etc...

If chosen, this perk allows the pirate to place x1 informant into the port of his choosing. The informant only gives information on cargo ships of one specific nation arriving and leaving that one specific port. This would come in an in game mail detailing the time of arrival/exit, ship type and brief description of cargo.  This would allow pirate players a method to determine cargo routes and likely movement times for future piratical activities.

• Like 3

I think there should be a mechanic for watching a port.  Should not be free and should be rare.  Gives one an idea when the Enemy is massing for an attack but should require a lot of organization to blanket an area.  Probably a building, maybe owning a local pup that provides rum to the owner.  Or maybe a pub you have to feed rum, tobacco and other stuffs that keep people coming in to feed you the info.

I WISH pirates where different but the last uodate acually pushed them more towards being a real nation. Sure we are spread out and the " idea" was to probably try and promote pirate republics here and there instead of one huge faction.

Good luck with that .  been trying to get pirates on pvp 2 to split into different regions since February 1st. Not one single taker. Now is no different .  you will never change the modern gamer unless yiu force it.

As it is my clan of true pirate players will most likely roll national after wipe because we can act more like pirates playing france than we can playing pirates now.