Game-Labs Forum

Multiplayer more than 1v1?

Grognard_JC

Hello Darth & co,

Congratulations for the new game. I will definitely buy it.

Lots of lads among the NTW2 - NTW 3 mod community (www.thelordz.org or www.grognards.org ) would certainly buy it too, if there was a way to play battle in large multiplayer combats.

We are used to play 4v4 games, so 1v1 MP games would not do. They did not attract much of us in the previous game.

I really look forward for Civil War to be 4v4 battle big with possibility of custom battle and custom unit picking.

What's more, the campaign mode of Civil War could be awesome in MP too : 4v4 could also do, provided there'd be a team leader in each faction.

So far I read nothing about the MP aspect, but I think it is maybe the most important. Could you maybe give us a hint ?

Thanx in advance,

JC

• Like 1

i would like to see what it is the multiplayer aspect of this game will be. I'm not sure it will be like the previous title, but maybe more intricate, with purchasing units in a total war style way. on top of this with a "campaign" you could have 1v1 head to heads(possibly more if you could code it in)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michaelsmithern said:

i would like to see what it is the multiplayer aspect of this game will be. I'm not sure it will be like the previous title, but maybe more intricate, with purchasing units in a total war style way. on top of this with a "campaign" you could have 1v1 head to heads(possibly more if you could code it in)

This would be great.

Hi, I'm playing since 2000 Total War.

Darth knows the series well.

Two things made me stay on those games:

1. Is modability

2. Multiplayer.

Please ad more players to your multiplayer experience. It gives so much more depth !

Cheers and good luck !

Having played SCourge of war Gettysburg and I know the boys at Lordz have this game also well some do. The biggest thing there that made the multiplayer aspect so good was the human interaction at regiment level.

the most players online and in one battle that I have seen was 23 each controlling a portion of either Union or confederate armies.

What it resulted in was armchair generals who would command thier men be that as a catious commander or an aggressive one players who worried about the state of thier troops or ones that didn't give a damn,experianced or not experianced the who thing is awesome and I know the community still plays regularly. I would urge darth to have a look at it to try and see how good for his game multiplayer could be for this game.

I agree... 4v4 may not be necessary but would be so awesome. If MP can go beyond 1v1 then the game will be more a lot more successful. Been waiting for this game for a long time, so far so good.... 4v4 MP would make it amazing... please please try... 3v3 or 2v2 even...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, noggmoritz said:

I agree... 4v4 may not be necessary but would be so awesome. If MP can go beyond 1v1 then the game will be more a lot more successful. Been waiting for this game for a long time, so far so good.... 4v4 MP would make it amazing... please please try... 3v3 or 2v2 even...

My guess is, coding 2v2 is harder than coding 1v1.

Chosing to go MP must certainly be a big issue for the devs, as they show no sign so far.

However, I think coding 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4 demands the same amount of work.

I do hope the devs have the will to do it.

Edited by Grognard_JC
  • Like 1

I have 3 friends in the pipe who will certainly purchase it but only if it has multiplayer capability beyond 1v1, just like many in this thread we love playing 2v2s and 4v4s etc... campaign coop and head to head would be amazing. I love the game and I would love it even more if I could crush my my friends over a long campaign, annihilating and capturing their favorite units :)

• Like 2