Game-Labs Forum

New Forum Layout

51 minutes ago, pietjenoob said:

I find the new forum meh, the thing i really want back is how many topics are on the forum/subforum and maker of it and i think it is just getting used to the new forum apart from that it is refreshing

All you have to do is click on the HOME button in forums and it's right there.  Then if you click on any subforum, you get the same info.  I think you just need to study the forum configuration a little longer, right now it provides the same formats as before, including the info you just asked about.

1 hour ago, Jean Ribault said:

All you have to do is click on the HOME button in forums and it's right there.  Then if you click on any subforum, you get the same info.  I think you just need to study the forum configuration a little longer, right now it provides the same formats as before, including the info you just asked about.

that is not what i mean i want to know how many topics there are in a sub forum and not posts that is, and the maker of the topic or the last one posted which currently is

When you click on the subforum, look at the upper left, it says "___ Topics", and the OP is listed below each topic name, in addition to the number of posts.  Also under Activity > My Activity Streams, you can set your own display for the Forums (and set a default) that shows you the forum info in a whole number of configurable modes.

On 11/9/2016 at 8:47 AM, Lannes said:

A brothel.

Captain

I don't see anything in this post that can be counted as negative criticism or a call to action. 

Take a look at a negative post that actually gives information and takes time to analyse things and propose suggestions.

Got few report from players that layout is too "bright" and people missing some features from old forums like: view who reading same topic and stats how many posts users got daily and overall. As well tech question: can you put some nice graphic header or layout not allow for that?

One section that I saw when we first migrated over that I'm not seeing now is "Articles."  I think we have a fair few reasonably academic articles that members have written, both about the American Civil War and the Age of Sail, that I personally would like to see easily linked in one place.

On 12/11/2016 at 9:41 AM, admin said:

Captain

I don't see anything in this post that can be counted as negative criticism or a call to action. 

Take a look at a negative post that actually gives information and takes time to analyse things and propose suggestions.

I am too busy doing things that I like to give you a detailed analysis of what you do that makes things worse for a game that has been superb until your constant changes destroyed its phenomenal playability potential. I have from time to time made general suggestions and comments, but know that your interest is not in listening to me or others who have the same views as mine, so I have despaired. I wish you luck and hope that the game on release will be a lot better than it is now, and that it will have reached its potential by chance if not by your efforts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Anyone know how to set your custom activity streams in this forum to ignore certain forum parts?  Like for example, can one customize your results to not include the Ultimate General threads when you click to see unread threads?  I didn't see a way.

i think the only way is go and click follow on top right for each section you want to see,

then in the unread threads page under the following drop down, select show content posted in areas i follow, then click save as new stream

and it will show in activity streams

Edited by Set2016

4 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Anyone know how to set your custom activity streams in this forum to ignore certain forum parts?  Like for example, can one customize your results to not include the Ultimate General threads when you click to see unread threads?  I didn't see a way.

You can only set it for the parts you want to follow, not the ones you want to ignore AFAIK.  It's a pain to select all the forums you want but it's doable.

I did it with "My Activity Streams"... "Create New Stream"... 

• Show Me... "Content items, comments and reviews"
  • Clicking Unread Items... "Take me to the first unread comment"
  • Content Types... "Topics" > gear icon > select the sections you want
  • Read Status...  "Content I haven't read"
  • Ownership... "Everything"
  • Time Period... "Any time"
  • Sorting (at top)... "Oldest first"

Then I bookmark the result as a favorite. When the bookmark is selected, it just does the filter again and shows the new results.

Edited by Angus McGregor

3 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Thanks guys.  Seems stupid they got every other filter under the sun, but lack a filter to include forum sections of interest.  :rolleyes:

it will show you unread posts from sections of interest but you have to go click follow in the sections then create a new stream to show followed areas,

http://i.imgur.com/1kOt9U6.png
http://i.imgur.com/5B64wEq.png
http://i.imgur.com/gTcfU7k.png

Edited by Set2016