Game-Labs Forum

New Forum Layout

I like the new forum layout, though it's going to be hard to get used to. 

The only thing is it doesn't "feel" like it's that Naval Action related anymore. It's probably just that I am used to the old visuals, but I miss the banner on top and the old colour scheme that reminded me of the blue of the ocean. And it's harder to spot new activity in topics now as well.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CeltiberoCaesar said:

I'm glad you take care of the web, were there any issue with the old one or is it just matter of upadaring the appearance? 

we had to upgrade - our provider stopped supporting old software. 

• Like 2

Ty Ink, these bubbles hurt my profile pic design :P

It's only possible to have one image in the signature. (Old signatures still work tho)

Since some of us (like me) also have rank badges or flags next to their signature it would be nice if they could be increased to 2 or 3.

Would've been nice to know this was coming, like in a big big prominent announcement, instead of it just going offline, and then the content not working after being online and it simply giving a bunch of errors for a day.  Doubt I missed anything prominent, being mostly always online.

This new layout will definitely take quite a bit of getting used to, never seen any forum configuration like this one.  Currently having a difficult time just mimicking the old process of viewing the threads I posted in, in chronological order.  Ah, change!  So painful and promising at the same time.  :)

Couple hours later I am already getting used to it.

Most important thing is that all the left side controls passed to the top bar groups.

Custom boards subscriptions have been reset so personal filters have to be rédone, but no big deal.

14 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

How does the chat works by the way, it doesn't seem to be persistent. It would be nice if it kept at least a few lines... For now, if you leave the chat room and come back to it then it's blank.

CHAT: Anyone know?  I agree, it's weird if you click anywhere else and come back it's all erased.  But then again, I haven't seen anyone else's posts in chat at all, so is it even working?  There always seems to be 7 or 8 or so logged into it but no posts.

19 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Is there no more way of seeing a list of all the registered forum users anymore?  Do you have to be a forum admin now to see the list of registered forum users?  I realize you can see "online" users.

12 hours ago, Young said:

ok since you closed my thread about the new layout ill ask the question here again......... Is there a way to change the layout or are we stuck with this?

We will try to add all good features from the old forum but at the moment, unfortunately, we do not have time for that. Captains, please wait a bit.

• Like 1