Game-Labs Forum

Pre-Logging ships in/at the contested port for port battles

D4mi4nNL

I am not one to openly accuse someone of cheating, I do notice when things seem "off" but this particular ability to log into the game and INSTA-JOIN without having to even worry about those dumb people who came out to screen is the new tactic as it stands.  I will adapt my playstyle to fit the current reality if I care to do port battles.

Now if you guys will excuse me, I'm going to sail to Salamanca and log off and go to bed.  Will be on bright and early with a hot cup of coffee to log into the game and be in the port battle before the screeners can even get their sails up.

maybe i need to do the same thing

if danes play unfair why are we than not allowed to do the same thing

nope

По вашему честный бой - это когда вас 100, а нас 25? О какой чести вы можете говорить? Идите изучайте Нельсона. ;)In your fair fight - this is when you have 100, and we were 25? What kind of honor can you say? Go explore Nelson. ;)

• Like 4

If u want that port battle timer for us you need the same rules for all nations that would result in the same as with the flags that allmost all port timers would be in eu timezone and us would set in their timezone and not get attacked..

So that is just a bad idea!

Remember you are playing on a EU server not a US server

It has not yet been used by a British fleet this map cycle, or at least not one i have been in.  The devs have said many times this is not a server for EU only, the pop on the US server is laughably low, and in my opinion the two should merge, who would want to play RvR on a server with no population?  However the devs have said logging off in front of the port is not a tribunal worthy issue, so this is a waste of time.  However i can say that this is the future at this rate and it undermines everything the devs have said about certain areas being hard to take due to terrain and forts.  The tribunal however is not the place to talk about mechanics.  There is a suggestions forum for people who want to be constructive. 

This thread profits no one anything and should be locked.

Edited by Augustus Charles Hobart H
  • Like 1

What a dis**** tactic!!!

I guess the british gentleman won't do it... wait... sorry... yes... they are just doing right now in Salamanca :P

its 9 min after down time no one would make it to the port if they were not already there XD    That battle is at like 4am my time >.>

on a side not i have a video of the British getting in to Cartegana with no log off, pm me if you want proof that it can be done :P

its 9 min after down time no one would make it to the port if they were not already there XD    That battle is at like 4am my time >.>

on a side not i have a video of the British getting in to Cartegana with no log off, pm me if you want proof that it can be done :P

Don't take me wrong, I know you will try to do it... and it doesn't offend me... we can use some exploits to avoid that tactic works... but we won't... I just hope devs stat taking all this kind of complains seriously and do something to avoid this kind of un-honorable behavior (I don't want to start again with the "you start first" argument).

I see only one possibilty. This port was for us very important (live oak). Its why we organized a lot of players to defend it by screening fleets and 25 players 1st rate fleet. And u spited in our faces and its why u should be punished by loosing region and it should back to US. Sorry, but cheating (it was cheating. A lot of players wasted their time because u dont respect them and are selfish) cannot be acceptable. All from me as i think. o7

• Like 1

what did you said? then why we are all here if it is a licit movement?

You confuse me. 

leave him alone he is just frustrated, realistic players know ther will be no honor left for anyone soon enough.  Givin time we all resort to what works not whats honorable.  Everyone's shit stinks and everyone stretches the rules to win.

I don't want to be rude but with the new super large circles screening has never been easier.  However the new mechanics mean screening is really only a delaying tactic to keep the SOLS out of the battle not the attempt to sink the flag and win without a fight. It's still worthwhile though.  The Danes logged in well enough away for a proper screening fleet to be effective but the British/US/Dutch screening fleet was doing a TERRIBLE job.  They were all bunched up in the mouth of the port, no wide perimeter and our own screening fleet (which I was a part of) was able to get very close to the port before someone even started a battle. They had Vics and Santis in the screening fleet mixed with 5th rates and then half the people ran away.  It was a mess.  No shame in that, lord knows Spain's had some poorly organised defenses in the past but that's not the fault of the Danes.

Yes logging in near the port is not very historical and it does kind of bend the rules, truth be told I'm not a huge fan of it BUT as a worst case scenario you had to fight a 25 v 25 battle.  The US didn't lose Georgia because of this "exploit", it lost because you didn't screen well/were faced with superior numbers outside the PB and then were out sailed inside the PB by probably the best 1st rate fleet on the server.

ddosing the TSs if it happened is poor form and bad play, no defense of that from me.

Edited by Senhor Lenhador
  • Like 5

Don't take me wrong, I know you will try to do it... and it doesn't offend me... we can use some exploits to avoid that tactic works... but we won't... I just hope devs stat taking all this kind of complains seriously and do something to avoid this kind of un-honorable behavior (I don't want to start again with the "you start first" argument).

Whats frustrating about it is we started a thread about this issue day one and nothing has been done.  Imagine it from our perspective, after heroic screening to get us in to Cartegana and the heart braking loss that was, and the loss of our ships legit sailing home, why bother when you can do it this way?

• Like 1

I don't want to be rude but with the new super large circles screening has never been easier.  However the new mechanics mean screening is really only a delaying tactic to keep the SOLS out of the battle not the attempt to sink the flag and win without a fight. It's still worthwhile though.  The Danes logged in well enough away for a proper screening fleet to be effective but the British/US/Dutch screening fleet was doing a TERRIBLE job.  They were all bunched up in the mouth of the port, no wide perimeter and our own screening fleet (which I was a part of) was able to get very close to the port before someone even started a battle. They had Vics and Santis in the screening fleet mixed with 5th rates and then half the people ran away.  It was a mess.  No shame in that, lord knows Spain's had some poorly organised defenses in the past but that's not the fault of the Danes.

Yes logging in near the port is not very historical and it does kind of bend the rules, truth be told I'm not a huge fan of it BUT as a worst case scenario you had to fight a 25 v 25 battle.  The US didn't lose Georgia because of this "exploit", it lost because you didn't screen well/were faced with superior numbers outside the PB and then were out sailed inside the PB by probably the best 1st rate fleet on the server.

ddosing the TSs if it happened is poor form and bad play, no defense of that from me.

it seems that brits ts had no ddos protection for 100 days

but by usa ts i cant explain

Whats frustrating about it is we started a thread about this issue day one and nothing has been done.  Imagine it from our perspective, after heroic screening to get us in to Cartegana and the heart braking loss that was, and the loss of our ships legit sailing home, why bother when you can do it this way?

Because the fair plays was never a common virtue of the players of this game and if we all start using exploits we will just go back to the worst phases of the game where the wars consisted of a bunch of exploiters competing about which one of them is the best/worst cheater. 

PD: As you can read... no... I don't think Danish did it honorable... but hypocrisy is neither welcomed, create this thread while some british where logging off in front of Salamanca...

• Like 1

Because the fair plays was never a common virtue of the players of this game and if we all start using exploits we will just go back to the worst phases of the game where the wars consisted of a bunch of exploiters competing about which one of them is the best/worst cheater. 

PD: As you can read... no... I don't think Danish did it honorable... but hypocrisy is neither welcomed, create this thread while some british where logging off in front of Salamanca...

true story he should not have bothered to make this this thread, the dev's already ruled that it is legal.  It never ceases to amaze me how this game brings the worst out in people though.

• Like 1

The British didn't have the chance to use their humongous screening fleet properly, and now they're upset about it, because they had to actually fight in an equal port battle. Oh well. Instead of congratulating your enemy, you stoop down to insults and just prefer to be sore losers.  As always.

• Like 3

If u want that port battle timer for us you need the same rules for all nations that would result in the same as with the flags that allmost all port timers would be in eu timezone and us would set in their timezone and not get attacked..

So that is just a bad idea!

Remember you are playing on a EU server not a US server

And yet again people ahve to be told that the server name ONLY denotes its location and does not give way for any rights or demands! Any player who deems his ping to be better on the EU server no matter where they are is welcome on the server!

In addition - sure proclaim us the evil people who use exploits but the records show you using it in both major port battles now seen while Brits ahve sailed to each location when the time had come. At this point I cannot deem port battles themselves a genuine show anymore and simply refuse to partake which will soon ahve me leave the game.

Concerning the TS attacks - the Brit server went down due to other problems. However the US Nation TS went down for pretty much the duration of the port battle +10mins on either side - that is just simply a disgusting and shameful behaviour and yet again puts your nations into a very bad light.

• Like 1

The British didn't have the chance to use their humongous screening fleet properly, and now they're upset about it, because they had to actually fight in an equal port battle. Oh well. Instead of congratulating your enemy, you stoop down to insults and just prefer to be sore losers.  As always.

They are sad, because this "humongous screening fleet" wasted time. Their own time which they manage for NA, was wasted by Danes. Sorry, but ur argument is an invalid.

Edited by Mikocen
  • Like 1

THere are 3 issues at ehart here mate - hostility bomb (well done but a bit said it is being done this way), screening is being circumvented via game mechanic isntead of gameplay and teh Nation TS is being attacked (which btw could be brought to the police!!!)

All hipocracy aside concerning the first two which are also teh reason I refuse to partake in port battles attack or defense at this point the third ahs never been done by US, Dutch or Brits and neither nations ont eh other side so it is unquestionably a step downwards in an already dark pit of people's behaviour...

They are sad, because this "humongous screening fleet" wasted time. Their own time which they manage for NA, was wasted by Danes. Sorry, but ur argument is an invalid.

your right we did made a great screenings fleet and [REDACTED]

If you have evidence of cheating, post in the tribunal.  Unsubstantiated accusations of cheating only serve to make the community toxic.  Please do not make the community toxic. -Staff

Hi,

i dont think this is a tribunal case, no cheating was involved.

But...

If its the Devs goal to stimulate pvp, they have to adress this issue.

we're still testing the game, the pb flag crafting reduced fun in the game by the way ppl (ab)used it, the new mechanic creates new ways.

Some kind of rules have to be applied to force an attack fleet actually make it to the port and a screening fleet to intercept it.

Gtzzzz Bubbles

• Like 1