Game-Labs Forum

Player assets wipes in the future

So I've been thinking - NA is still in Early Access state and I wonder about two things.

1. What kind of wipes and how many of them can we expect during the rest of EA?

2. What kind of final wipe can we expect when the game is fully launched?

1. Expect a wipe every day and you will never be surprised.

2. Final wipe will be everything except XP and craft XP.

Edit: ninja'd

• Like 1

So I've been thinking - NA is still in Early Access state and I wonder about two things.

1. What kind of wipes and how many of them can we expect during the rest of EA?

2. What kind of final wipe can we expect when the game is fully launched?

Stars tell us that only Rank and Craft XP will survive the massive Tsunami that is heaving our way. It is believed that no ship is safe, even those Royal ones.  :D

• Like 1

1. Expect a wipe every day and you will never be surprised.

2. Final wipe will be everything except XP and craft XP.

Edit: ninja'd

This is pretty much how I play test for them expecting one any day so as to test things out.  I'm really suprised they haven't done more and that is the problem they haven't done one since going EA and that is why we are going to have some big cry babies when they do.

Tsunami or not it should be fair to new players  ;)

It would only be fair when it goes live we all pretty much start on the same playing field.  Though I'm pretty sure us testers will get a little this or that for our time.

• Like 1

If it applies to everyone im for wipes all day. HEll the bonus is that it could run off the try hard arena lovers and leave us with a better community.

As long as every player has the same chances then bring it on. Thats why many dont want the eu server to be the main server cuz all players wont be equal.

I believe in the total wipe. Will not regret my Curse and level 50 crafting ranks to be taken away either.

You still keep your main assets: personal skills and the information :)

If we want new players not to feel cheated the wipe needs to be clean. Everybody starts fresh and this will be good for the future of the game.

Though a little one-time gift would be appreciated. Something that does not gives any notable advantage, but has more of a sentimental value.

A special design slot for ship of your choice that you can use once. Or BLACK Snow or some other special ship. That is a normal practice.

• Like 1

Like the yacht for example. Nice nostalgic thing that is just a reskinned cutter. Or IIRC at the last total wipe at steam EA we were given a Niagara, Renomee and Bellona as redeemables, although our rank was wiped then as well.

I do not mind if they wipe assets. Devs never told that we had kept them.

BUT, if they wipe xp and craft xp I will be VERY upset, since a long ago Devs stated on the forum that any wipe would have not touched xp and craft xp. And I relied on their promise in going on testing the game in these months.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1