Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 3 for patch 9.96

admin

Whats up with the delivery missions not changing drop off location? 

No matter where I pull the mission, CT, the Bahamas, or the north gulf, I get the same delivery missions back to Bimini or close by. I have done several missions and yet they still go back to the same spot. 

Also PLEASE fix the hostility map showing different % for each player.

Captain, we don't have enough similar reports yet. It means that you perhaps experience a "bad luck" with delivery orders distribution, please monitor it for a couple of days

Critical bug with disconnects of players attacking on borders of capital protection waters fixed

Just wanted say thanks for the fix. I had this happen to me this last weekend and forgot to F11 it. My target just made it to the protection zone at the last second, and then I had the screen freeze up for a short time, When the game reset, I then found my ship just out side of the protection zone. Seeing another target I did not think of reporting it at the time, but was able to catch the new target heading away from the protection zone without any issues. Glad someone did F11 it, and now it is fixed. I would say good response time in getting these bug fixes taken care of.

Thanks Dev's for work you put into this game. I still remember when the Dev's just asked if the steam community would be interested in this type of game. I am glad they took up the challenge of making Naval Action. Keep up the good work.

So the Indefatiguable now goes 12.07 knots only (almost 1 knot down from 12.94) which pretty much renders it useless compared to its competitors while the already borderline well sailing santa cecilia now goes 12.96 knots (almost 1 knot up from 12.15) and will become absolutely OP in PvP.

Please fill us in with the reasons for these changes because I am failing to see one.

//edit: Didnt refresh the page so the thing about santa cecilia has already been answered (thx for that). Still interested in the indy though.

Edited by Sir Isaac Redwood
  • Like 1

pve and pvp events are coming back based on all the community feedback. 

In relation to Agamemnon BP, even though its BR and speed have been reduced, it is still a better/tougher ship than the Inger or Connie. It needs to be craftable by all Nations to make it fair. Special drop ships should not be the best of a particular Rate. (IMHO)

Great fixes today, escpecially the Hostility points for Ally PvP kills.

If the Hostility % could be updated every 15 mins for all, that would be great. (I understand server cost would be higher, but not real time)

Edited by lokii

In relation to Agamemnon BP, even though its BR and speed have been reduced, it is still a better/tougher ship than the Inger or Connie. It needs to be craftable by all Nations to make it fair. Special drop ships should not be the best of a particular Rate. (IMHO)

With the recent BP being handed it out as tournament rewards, I think EVERY nation has acces to the Agamemnon BP.

• French have 2.
  • Swedish have at least 2.
  • Danish have at least 2.
  • USA have between 2 and 4 (dont know if they handed out some of them, but they got 3 or 5 from the tourney).
  • Brits had at least 1, could have gotten 1 or 2 more from the USA.
  • Dutch have at least 2 (I think.)
  • Spanish have 1 (maybe more ?) and France and sweden (maybe even the Danish) offered to build them for them.

I don't have any knowledge about the Pirates having one, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had at least one.

I shall have to do some testing to see about the other changes, but I must ask this one question first:

Why, why, why, oh why did you make Agamemnon slower? My beautiful oak one (my absolute favorite ship, by the way) once did 12.2x knots (oak build strength speed with exceptional copper plating and cannons equipped [medium 24/medium 18/long 9, long 4pd bow and long 9pd stern]), but now she only does 11.78 knots.  :angry:

I have long been an advocate of the speed fitted teak or oak Agamemnon for solo open world PVP as a challenger to the ubiquitous speed fitted Constitution. Now, I hesitate to recommend her. Sure, she has her structure (excellent), but is lacking in turn rate and speed compared to Constitution, not to mention the superior firepower of the Constitution (when equipped with long 24s and 42pd carronades).

In my opinion, fourth rates were nicely balanced with each other, sure, some tweaking was needed, but the Agamemnon was about as perfectly tuned as possible. She had distinctive strong points (structure, speed, armor) and weak points (turn rate, sailing profile, lower broadside weight). These balanced with the Constitution's good (sailing profile, broadside weight [carronades], speed) and bad (not as tough as the Agamemnon, turn rate is nothing special, lower broadside weight with cannons). Also lets not forget the beautiful Ingermanland's (which also seems to have gotten a nerf :angry:) good (decent speed, excellent turn rate, powerful cannons, nice bow chasers) and bad (weak structure and armor, low carronade broadside weight, sailing profile is not as good as the Constitution).

So, it seems to me, that you are wanting people to use these ships a lot less for solo PVP in the open world, where speed is key. Now, the Constitution in either teak, fir, or speed fit live oak is about the only viable option for fourth rate PVP when running solo. Please revert the Agamemnon back to her old self, and the Ingermanland as well. I am glad to hear that Agamemnon will finally be let in port battles (apparently this happened in the big patch? anyways, excellent decision, she used to balance nicely with the others).

TL,DR: fourth rates DID balance nicely, but now that you have nerfed Aggy and Inger, they are much less balanced and less useful for solo PVP in OW.

Please fix this,

Thanks,

Willis-PVP2

EDIT: Please allow the Agamemnon BP and the other special ship's blueprints to be available to all players in game, I understand the desirability of rare ships, so instead of event ship BPs, only capturable, etc. how about this: Agamemnon, L'Ocean, Heavy Rattlesnake, Endymion, Indefatigable, and Santa Cecilia blueprints only drop when a crafter reaches level fifty. They could also take more labor hours (in terms of carriages, fittings, furnishings, notes, etc.) to craft. Just a thought.

Please fix this,

Thanks,

Willis-PVP2

Edited by Cpt.W
  • Like 3

will Agamemnon going to be added to regular BP drops? or will it remain a special event ship?

And what about the Heavy Rattler.

pve and pvp events are coming back based on all the community feedback. 

So that is no and it's still only going to be a few or only certain nations that have the majority of the BP's.  Well at least that is how it is on the PvP2 server. 

Great fixes today, escpecially the Hostility points for Ally PvP kills.

If the Hostility % could be updated every 15 mins for all, that would be great. (I understand server cost would be higher, but not real time)

Yah they should never be top tier ships. When you have a port battle  and one side is using them almost with every player and the other side isn't cause either no one in that nation has the BP or only one or two folks than there is a balance issue.

With the recent BP being handed it out as tournament rewards, I think EVERY nation has acces to the Agamemnon BP.

• French have 2.
  • USA have between 2 and 4 (dont know if they handed out some of them, but they got 3 or 5 from the tourney).
  • Spanish have 1 (maybe more ?) and France and sweden (maybe even the Danish) offered to build them for them.

I don't have any knowledge about the Pirates having one, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had at least one.

You mean the ones that are only on  PvP1?  When was the last time something has been done for the other two servers?  You know the PvP2 server and the PvE?  Maybe that is why they are dead cause there is no support.  Hell I went almost 9 months before I ever saw a dev or Mod speak in chat.

• Like 1

Hotfix was deployed today

• Allies now generate hostility if sank in port waters (first reported by Plak and Jeheil)
  • Alliances bug was supposedly fixed. Alliances should work as intended and no reset was required. We will continue monitoring the situation (thanks Anolytic for timely warning)
  • Port battle entry was closed for some captains due to bug - fixed
  • Certain bugs with contract pricing and delivery orders fixed
  • Supply of materials from NPC lowered (and might get lowered again) we overestimated NPC production capacity. 
  • Critical bug with disconnects of players attacking on borders of capital protection waters fixed
  • BR changes for higher tier vessels was done to solve some of the problems with port battles (for example 25 ingermanlands vs 25 agamemnons)
  • Speed adjusted for several vessels
  • Niagara and Brigs slightly buffed in terms of HP and combat performance
  • Acceleration slightly lowered for 4th rates and lower (4 3 2 1) (remained the same in 1st rates)
  • Wood types color schemes changed for certain wood types
  • Weights and recipe adjusted for War supplies
  • Other fixes and bugs

2-4/3-5 upgrade slots crafting change did not get in. It took more time than we expected.

so does this mean my mahogany ingerm will look prettier? i may have to investigate dis

• French have 2.

Must be nice to play on pvp1 with tournaments, and fun stuff.. Can't find one on pvp2..rattle heavy is gone too.. they don't play anymore.

I shall have to do some testing to see about the other changes, but I must ask this one question first:

Why, why, why, oh why did you make Agamemnon slower? My beautiful oak one (my absolute favorite ship, by the way) once did 12.2x knots (oak build strength speed with exceptional copper plating and cannons equipped [medium 24/medium 18/long 9, long 4pd bow and long 9pd stern]), but now she only does 11.78 knots. :angry:

I have long been an advocate of the speed fitted teak or oak Agamemnon for solo open world PVP as a challenger to the ubiquitous speed fitted Constitution. Now, I hesitate to recommend her. Sure, she has her structure (excellent), but is lacking in turn rate and speed compared to Constitution, not to mention the superior firepower of the Constitution (when equipped with long 24s and 42pd carronades).

In my opinion, fourth rates were nicely balanced with each other, sure, some tweaking was needed, but the Agamemnon was about as perfectly tuned as possible. She had distinctive strong points (structure, speed, armor) and weak points (turn rate, sailing profile, lower broadside weight). These balanced with the Constitution's good (sailing profile, broadside weight [carronades], speed) and bad (not as tough as the Agamemnon, turn rate is nothing special, lower broadside weight with cannons). Also lets not forget the beautiful Ingermanland's (which also seems to have gotten a nerf :angry:) good (decent speed, excellent turn rate, powerful cannons, nice bow chasers) and bad (weak structure and armor, low carronade broadside weight, sailing profile is not as good as the Constitution).

So, it seems to me, that you are wanting people to use these ships a lot less for solo PVP in the open world, where speed is key. Now, the Constitution in either teak, fir, or speed fit live oak is about the only viable option for fourth rate PVP when running solo. Please revert the Agamemnon back to her old self, and the Ingermanland as well. I am glad to hear that Agamemnon will finally be let in port battles (apparently this happened in the big patch? anyways, excellent decision, she used to balance nicely with the others).

TL,DR: fourth rates DID balance nicely, but now that you have nerfed Aggy and Inger, they are much less balanced and less useful for solo PVP in OW.

Please fix this,

Thanks,

Willis-PVP2

EDIT: Please allow the Agamemnon BP and the other special ship's blueprints to be available to all players in game, I understand the desirability of rare ships, so instead of event ship BPs, only capturable, etc. how about this: Agamemnon, L'Ocean, Heavy Rattlesnake, Endymion, Indefatigable, and Santa Cecilia blueprints only drop when a crafter reaches level fifty. They could also take more labor hours (in terms of carriages, fittings, furnishings, notes, etc.) to craft. Just a thought.

Please fix this,

Thanks,

Willis-PVP2

I second this! Give us blue prints to try out different builds..you might need to tweak the ship..for example have you tried out a live oak or mahogany speed fit with regional speed fit Endy? I have a feeling that ship would be stupid good.

If you want us to test these ships let's do it.. if you want to make them rare as **** when the game releases fine.. but let us test all aspects of these ships now. Everything will be wiped anyhow..find the issues now not later!

-Kurt Snow

• Like 4

........ Once land in port battles is added BR 2.x win requirement will be abandoned completely, because port battles will look more like Conquest mode in Battlefield 3. (where you have to capture and control areas in the harbor to win the PB)

Sounds VERY interesting, can't wait. Only hope that the sailing is still a major part of the PB and it doesn't turn into just a land battle. This whole development should be really good for the game and looking forward to it! :)

OK so you're going to get to the 3-5 thing in a couple of days; great, BUT; why would we waste our precious resources now if in a few weeks you're gonna wipe all the ships???

I'm trying to find motivation to even play after finding out we face such a full wipe - I was under the impression it would be a partial wipe.

EVE is calling me .....

OK so you're going to get to the 3-5 thing in a couple of days; great, BUT; why would we waste our precious resources now if in a few weeks you're gonna wipe all the ships???

few weeks? 8 weeks maybe

but the reality is that we might just stop updating main servers and move all active willing testers to a separate environment with constant wipes and game mechanics testing. The main servers will only be wiped before release. 

i think we have just overestimated the players desire to participate in open development. 

I'm trying to find motivation to even play after finding out we face such a full wipe - I was under the impression it would be a partial wipe.

EVE is calling me .....

you faced wipes before and survived.

• Like 10

Sooner or later all your resources will get wiped too. You gain nothing by saving them. Build a ship now. Have fun with it. Sink. And build another one. What's up with everyone holding on to their precious pixels right now?

I built 5 L'Oceans today. Most of them were 2/4.

My best Santi is a 2/4. It has been with me since the battle for Aves. I've tried sinking it every which way to get a new one, but it always keeps afloat. I finally gave up and built a new one - 3/5 - and it sank first battle, at Bermuda.

• Like 4

So explain this part to me?  

One idea is invite testers to a closed environment with fast drastic changes to speed up without the fear of forum nuclear fallouts if some of those changes are unpopular.

At the same time update the main server only when needed

• Like 15

but the reality is that we might just stop updating main servers and move all active willing testers to a separate environment with constant wipes and game mechanics testing. The main servers will only be wiped before release. 

All for that. A new test server would be great.

• Like 1

few weeks? 8 weeks maybe

i think we have just overestimated the players desire to participate in open development.

you faced wipes before and survived.

I volunteer as tribute

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ giff test plz ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Edited by Nash
  • Like 1

we will post about it next week hopefully.

Not sure this is the way to go.. population is thin as is.. you will then split again.. just say screw it and if people don't play because they don't understand what EA is then whatever..

What will happen is this..

Pvp1 will get thinned to pvp2 population..they will get upset there is nothing to kill like we do.. and then go back.. then you have empty pvp1,pvp2, and test server.. instead of one pvp1 which has volume and pvp2 low volume.

Just roll and see where the chips lie..it is all false I will quit bs anyhow.

• Like 1