Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming shipbuilding changes [Heavily Moderated]

OK having climbed back onto my chair.....and having just spent 34270470 hours moving good around......to make new sexytime ships....

WE NEED A TIMELINE FOR ALL OUR SHIPS BEING DELETED !!

Wipes were always promised and guaranteed. 

We will find the ways to replace current ships with new ones - but we are not yet sure how exactly close they could be.  

There is of course an alternative is to move development to a test server and leave the main early access server alone until release. 

TLDR - we can't test the game without wipes.

• Like 21

OK having climbed back onto my chair.....and having just spent 34270470 hours moving good around......to make new sexytime ships....

I like repair and ammo effecting storage (assume it refreshes on leaving battle instance) not making me go back to port.

1 Dura ends mods...unless you give mods dura ?? or make em super cheapo...

This seems such a big depature from current mechanisms just put in....need more time to think about stuff here...

WE NEED A TIMELINE FOR ALL OUR SHIPS BEING DELETED !!

Oh and a player who puts 100 hours into gathering the bits SHOULD MAKE A BETTER SHIP than someone who puts 10 hours in.

Casual players shouldn't get welfare epics.

Jeheil right now:

FRRK3vMJ4no52.gif

• Like 3

I get the frustration - I have a few ships that I will dearly miss - but why are you surprised by this?

They have been saying that a major rework of the crafting system will likely result in an asset wipe for ages and ages and ages. Hell, I remember mention of that back in March...

I dont care if I loose every other ship but If I am forced to give up my beauty and flagship than I'd rather leave this game.

Crafting being selecting things while sacrifying others is a great idea.

But that :

• Special - events, rewards, tournament vessels, or maybe extremely rare and hard to craft (months of effort required)

Too bad "rare" (meaning casual-unfriendly) has become the new buzzword on NA forums !

• Like 5

So you like that every1 is scared of losing their ships, so they dont want to use them except for special cases?

No I simply disagree with you statement that crafting gold ships - after the patch - is easy. This is not true and - therefore - it is not an assumption on which anyone should ground its comments on the proposal of the devs.

We will find the ways to replace current ships with new ones - but we are not yet sure how exactly close they could be.  

There is of course an alternative is to move development to a test server and leave the main early access server alone until release. 

Wipes are perfectly OK and actually needed to test economy and crafting. Don't listen to people who can't understand such simple thing.

• Like 6

Stay focused guys, it is a major change but to the better. After all traders, crafters and fighting captains all had issues with the system.

For one trying to craft a ship by request with specifics was possible with a big BUT. Several attempts were needed and that weighed a lot on the trade time, fighting captain losing interest on the crafter, etc.

• Like 5

Nice, very smart move omho. 

Questions:

-are you going to make cannons craftable?

-are you going to make ammo craftable?

-are we going to be able to use med kits during battles? why I am asking is because right now If I take my 2nd rate in a Captain Mission, I end up with 350+ crew left after the battle. I am talking group NPCs on both sides case. It looks like you over did on NPCs sniping sterns and killing crew. All they do is follow sterns and kill crew. If you had medkit you could leave everything alone, but add crew recovery. Just feel bad for low rank guys, it must be hell for them.

If you do add craftable ammo, consider NPC ammo shop. In other words, NPC will AUTO refill your ammo needs for a much higher cost vs craftable or Player Market cost.

Also, add new upgrades that will help with ammo size. ex. Upgraded Crates  -50% ammo space required. Same could be used for repair kit stacking etc..

• Like 4

Could you please not announce these resets months in advance? It kills the game. Last patch before the port reset everybody was waiting for the port reset and hardly anybody was playing actively. Now the same will probably happen.

• Like 11

"maybe extremely rare and hard to craft (months of effort required)" :blink: ?

Erm im sorry but we do have lives outside of naval action you know

nobody forces you to craft them. But I would like to have such ships. 

You can sail normal ship and at the same time piece by piece collecting resource for an exceptional vessel which will be used for critical operations. It's good end-game purpose. 

• Like 2

Of course people care about the collors. Who said that its useless, where did you find this idea? we love to capture a ships and open the battle screen and see if its a gold one. In fact we should have i giant gold flag in mast to everybody see that its perfetct ship( this part is a joke). i really think people like the collors. I like the collor system the way it is now, and dont think its a good idea change it.

• Like 1

Wipe when needed.  Don't listen the guys who are against wipes.  It matters the most that the game is good when the launch & final wipe comes.  They will lose their ships anyway.  You can return materials used to craft those ships as redeemables.

If they do not understand that this is an early access game, it is not really your fault.  It has been stated loud and clear.

• Like 11

Could you please not announce these resets months in advance? It kills the game. Last patch before the port reset everybody was waiting for the port reset and hardly anybody was playing actively. Now the same will probably happen.

It's an alpha! For all we know wipes can happen 3 times a day! We are testing the game! Aren't you interested, for example for a brief moment to see the NA world without all these 2nd and 1st rates stokpiled and sailing everywhere!

I remember so clearly an excitement I felt when I first saw a player 3rd rate in our fleet. There were times where hostility (if it would be implemented at that time) would be generated by Frigate Fleets and not by zerg rash of SOLs doing missions.

The game has unrealistically huge amount of SOLs and nobody even cares about losing one. There is no correlation to skill. This kills all game immersion for me.

Edited by Vaan De Vries
  • Like 9

if you change the ships so they match the new system ppl will cry too, they will cry both ways.

I rather have a clean dockyard ready to receive the new perfectly crafted ships and boats.

Giving them names, in game, would be the cherry on top, but I go off.course.

Weight and hold space, that's another inclusion that looks well thought of, especially considering the absurd amount of shot one can pump out of a schooner.

• Like 3

Oh and a player who puts 100 hours into gathering the bits SHOULD MAKE A BETTER SHIP than someone who puts 10 hours in.

Not everyone is interested from crafting.

Some could say that crafters should not get the good ships, they have not earned those.  Only good PvP players should get the good ships.

Indeed, it is just a bit more complicated.

I am all good with wipes...indeed I am sort of looking forward to 'the big wipe'.

I wish we had the population for a pure test server...we don't so I think it has to be this.

I just think something drastic like we will kill all your ships....will cost too much of the player base...I am mad...so it would require something exceptional to make me walk away....but I do need to be in a 'fun environment' with lots of friends to play with !...so a timeline...or a conversion of ships or something...even some redeemables based on your rank.

I also think some Design Principles need to be stated.

Do you expect all players, more or less irrespective of effort invested to be able to build the same quality ships...if so...thats cool...thats your design principle.

I was a huge fan of the Star Ward Galaxies crafting mechanics (best I have seen).

In that, each resource you used was graded (here it would translate to live oak from say Florida being better than live oak from say Haiti). Using it for say planking would give you better health. Equally say hemp from cuba may give better rigging qualites than say hemp from Florida.

Thus your materials dictate your build. This for me is the best model. It creates a dynamic market, a reason to travel and trade and reward for seeking out the best iron, coal, hemp, wood etc.

• Like 8

I rather have a clean dockyard ready to receive the new perfectly crafted ships and boats.

Giving them names, in game, would be the cherry on top, but I go off.course.

Weight and hold space, that's another inclusion that looks well thought of, especially considering the absurd amount of shot one can pump out of a schooner.

Yes, they'll all be perfectly crafted, and so perfectly replaceable, and lose what character they had.

They'll all be the exact damn same.

This is the worst design decision to date. I will be adjusting my habit of recommending this game accordingly.

from your signature )))

So long as exceptionals are made with labor hours they will be the only ship built, because everyone and their alt gets labor hours.

You can only limit exceptionals by making them require something players aren't getting for free at 48 a RL hour.

You have to limit exceptionals to a combat reward. Let the player's drive for exceptionals drive gameplay.

Our proposal does exactly what your signature says :)  

Based on data majority of players sails grey or green ships or exceptional ships. Other options are just fake or force players to conduct weird activities of building 5 forestries if they want to pvp. 

• Like 13

Not everyone is interested from crafting.

Some could say that crafters should not get the good ships, they have not earned those.  Only good PvP players should get the good ships.

Indeed, it is just a bit more complicated.

Good PvP players should get good ships from two sources.

Capturing other peoples ships.

Buying them from good crafters.

The statement "Crafters dont deserve good ships" is...imo...100% wrong.

• Like 15