Game-Labs Forum

A guide to hostility generation

Jeheil

Question: Why do I get 50 hostility points for attacking a single AI trader snow, but if I am in a group doing highest-level combat fleet missions and get 8 assists and 1 kill—several missions like that, in fact—I only get about 180 points by the end of the day?

It seems to me that attacking individual AI ships (even crappy ships like trade vessels), seems to pay out better in hostility points than fleeting.

Edited by ajffighter86

I don't think other than the SOL bonus there is any difference in sinking a cutter or a connie at the moment.

I know, just speaking from a risk versus gain perspective, it makes no sense to attempt higher level missions unless you just really want the SOL bonus. And frankly, you could easily take a few trader cutters in a fraction of the time with much less crew loss or repairs.

I'd say it needs balancing.

• Like 2

I know, just speaking from a risk versus gain perspective, it makes no sense to attempt higher level missions unless you just really want the SOL bonus. And frankly, you could easily take a few trader cutters in a fraction of the time with much less crew loss or repairs.

I'd say it needs balancing.

Yah they need to add another class for unrated ships. currently its faster to just so 1st LT missions and sink brigs and mercs because of how fast you can do them.

This is how hostility has worked for me for the last 2 days,  Get in fleet look for something to do, get reports of Spanish near Belize, go find Spanish, Spanish run to forts if in OW, if we find a battle Spanish send out a scout and log off in results screen.  After 2-3 hours i have not fired cannons at all and get frustrated and go grind PvE to lower hostility.  After that i log off a little more dead inside.  

Never mind the frustration that not getting hostility points for sinking allies of a nation causes.  When the Swedes are defending Spanish areas to keep hostility down and we get no points for sinking them that's BS.

More then anything i want to be able to get points for sinking allies of nations in their waters.  Otherwise it creates this silly incentive to have your allies defend your areas and you defend your allies areas because you risk nothing but your ship by doing PvP and your opponent risks ship and his hostility points.

• Like 1

Damn I should have made that clearer !!

Thanks Hodo.

The only thing it is harder to do as anti-hostility is to kill AI fleets just sailing around in the relevant county waters...as their are simply less of them.

Otherwise you can do all the same things, take combat missions, war supply deliveries, PvP

• Like 1

The name "Hostility" confused me at first.

Perhaps a better name would be "Threat Level" ...

"Our Navy and Coast Guard sank X enemy ships in our waters,

reducing the local Threat Level from 85% to 50% in missions over the last 24 hours.  

Admiralty sources indicate that the defenses will remain strong and vigilant.

Our Coast Guard is turning the raids of the Opposition Forces, 

our Merchant Marine landed loads of War Supplies to bolster our forces both at home and abroad,

On the offensive, our Navy is taking the fight to the OpFor's home ports to divert them from increasing our local Threat Levels.

Video at Eleven.

Next, news about a new game on TwitFace!

But first, a word from our sponsor, Hardy Knox Med Kits ... don't leave port without them."

~ HK ~

Edited by HardyKnox
  • Like 3

You pretty much described my NA weekend there Augustus...chasing shadows...and killing enemy allies for no gain (beyond the fun of the kill).

Sadly this is been how PvP2 been.  You show up and they run and hide.  Even more now they are just surrendering as they are using basic ships to grind lower level missions cause they give the same for kill no matter the ship unless it's SOL.   The other thing is they have the numbers so they just ignore the fleets we hit and they go hit other fleets while we are in the one grinding that it's a never ending battle of never gaining points.   Seem's right now the only ones gaining agro are the two big nations on our server.  Hell poor french took a week to get one uncontested region flipped for a port battle.