Game-Labs Forum

Post Patch Suggestion

After playing for a while after the patch release I want to just post a few comments.

1) I did not think I would, but I like the patch.  Although a Shipbuilder, I really enjoy the new wood types and the rarity of the woods.  Special ships will now be special again.  I know there is a posting elsewhere looking for suggestions to improve the situation, but I will post here.  Just increase the amount of fine wood drops a tad.  Keep it special.

2) The PB and Conquest seems to be working.  I have only been in one port battle since I play US but it seems like the hostility levels are working fine.  I am sure some tweaking is needed.

3) We need more AI Traders.  AI Traders are a source of fun for many and a source of materials for others.  They are pretty much eliminated nowadays.  I have spent hours and hours sailing the US Coast and barely see any.  I have found one spot that might produce on trader in an hour or so.  Sorry, not giving up my secret but this is not enough.

4) My greatest concern is the lack of Red Wood, Silver, and Gold within the US territories.  Since we did not have an asset wipe it is something that can be managed today, but post asset wipe would make shipbuilding impossible.  Why, you may ask?  Furnishings.  Even basic ships require Furnishings that need these three materials.  Since they can not be found anywhere near the US, after a wipe even simple gray ships would be impossible.  I suggest, you add these three materials to all nations (as well as all basic materials for shipbuilding) but limit the wood types as you are now doing (live oak, Bermuda cedar etc).  Use the wood types to limit the propogation of masses of ships not the furnishings.

Okay, I am sure there are a lot more things but that is it for now.

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

• Like 1

I largely agree with you, but, if memory serves, gold, silver, and copper can be found in the Bahamas. I honestly forgot to look for redwood in the trader tool.

I'd like to see half the OW AI fleets replaced with traders - and 10% of AI traders be smugglers. It'd encourage people to other national zones.

• Like 1