Game-Labs Forum

New wood not matching description

In the patch notes is was stated that Bermuda Cedar is "fir without the negatives". I understand that to mean I get a ++ speed bonus with NO hit to armor (the negative of fir)

So I picked up a Renommee to mess around in crafted of "Bermuda cedar". It is upgraded for "speed". Yet the Reno is getting 5% bonus to all armor (side, front and stern") but NO BONUS at all to speed. It has a built in "SPEED" upgrade?? Yet no bonus shows....almost like the wood gives a 5%hit to speed but the bonus cancelled it out. And there is no reason I should get a 5% armor bonus and 5%hitpoint bonus like it had build strength.

So are we sure Bermuda Cedar is fir w/o negatives? Seems to me it is like oak with a speed hit but armor bonus...?

Related..Mahagony is "lighter live oak." Does that mean we get all the armor bonus of live oak without ANY hit to speed? Or just a smaller speed hit.

Tried to find this stuff on my own but the wiki is not updated yet

Edited by MikeCK

Bermuda Cedar gives 2.5% speed increase, no downside, screens to follow soon

Yah I made a Rattler with Ceder Speed and got Pirate Refit perk for region.  I really want to know these region perks as it seem to increase the turn rate and added structure HP.   My base speed with no guns was 14.44

i can tell you texas that the pirate refit depending on color boosts speed and boarding morals based on color my captured indefat has one in gold ill do like 13.6 and i get another 25 morale not sure on the turn rate part tho

I'll test that out an ask th guy that has it to hit a trader and test the moral cause I know he has it for tagging not boarding. If he starts with extra moral than we are prob correct on that one.

I'll test that out an ask th guy that has it to hit a trader and test the moral cause I know he has it for tagging not boarding. If he starts with extra moral than we are prob correct on that one.

i tested it on a tsnow on pve server i figured to rageboard and i have infact noticed a speed boost(as stated in the comment above this one

i tested it on a tsnow on pve server i figured to rageboard and i have infact noticed a speed boost(as stated in the comment above this one

it gives another 2% speed and than force to the main sails (the pirate refit).  So yah it can make some nice fast ships for boarding and running things down.