Game-Labs Forum
fransgelden

Changing resources of ports

​Are the devs still planning to change some ports resources.

I found there is too little ports who produces labor hours and I wondered if the devs will add more or change some ports resources?

7 ports produce that so they are spread around.  It prob shouldn't be something that can be done all over the place.  Just like there are some meterails you can only get at certain ports too.

I am really disappointed by the resource changes. As I see it, 5 silver port, no gold, 2 live oak. Crafting has just become ridiculously hard and seriously no longer worth the effort. I have no plans to sail half way accross the world to get meagre resources which will be at exorbitent prices only to be ganked on the long trip home by pirate scum or commerce raiders. Better to retire from crafting altogether. These changes will give certain nations huge advantages and are ill thought out at the very least.

• Like 2

I am really disappointed by the resource changes. As I see it, 5 silver port, no gold, 2 live oak. Crafting has just become ridiculously hard and seriously no longer worth the effort. I have no plans to sail half way accross the world to get meagre resources which will be at exorbitent prices only to be ganked on the long trip home by pirate scum or commerce raiders. Better to retire from crafting altogether. These changes will give certain nations huge advantages and are ill thought out at the very least.

I understand the disappointment, but I knew the devs will change the port resources at one or another time and make certain materials more lucrative or specialized in those areas. As the British, we got the advantage of Megahony and Bermuda Cedar wood, which other nations certainly will fight to get their hands on.

This in turn will cause people to craft special ships, which is bound to their region and these ships will catch special market prices. My suggestion to you is to see what items your nation can craft as a specialty and then use that to your advantage. Many people will purchase Bermuda Cedar ships at a much higher price.

My question is to whether the devs are planned to change some resources at some ports, because I'm opening production buildings at those ports and want to know if those ports are in the affected region. I wanted to build 2 production buildings in Montego Bay to produce iron and coal, but if the devs are planning to change those ports resources to something else, I would wait till resource changes are finalized and then build in those areas.

The changes in Resources distribution don't make crafting harder or not worth the effort.  They simply change the playing field.  It will reward those able to adapt and evolve their strategy toward trading, crafting and collaboration.  It will disadvantage those not willing to alter their strategy.

More specifically, the changes will reward those able to:
  • Use the Smuggler flag to gather valuable and scarce key resources and get them to a Free Town OP near those resources.
  • Use the Delivery function to ship them to a Free Town OP close to their national or county capital.
  • Accumulate them in an OP where they can be combined with locally common resources and used to craft valuable manufactures.
  • Offer them there via Sale Contracts, or private deals with buddies/clannies.
  • Work together with others to gather a Convoy of Warships and Trade ships and move the manufactures to their destinations, fulfilling Trade Missions that carry very substantial rewards not effectively available to solo players.

Those preferring to play solo can do so, but may need to alter their strategies and focus on producing components of more valuable manufactures.  For example, Charcoal and Barrels take on an important role as components in the new Trade system, and are easily manufactured from Resources in the US region.  Those in other regions may find similar opportunities, but only if they can look at the Map with a fresh, open mind.

I understand the disappointment, but I knew the devs will change the port resources at one or another time and make certain materials more lucrative or specialized in those areas. As the British, we got the advantage of Megahony and Bermuda Cedar wood, which other nations certainly will fight to get their hands on.

This in turn will cause people to craft special ships, which is bound to their region and these ships will catch special market prices. My suggestion to you is to see what items your nation can craft as a specialty and then use that to your advantage. Many people will purchase Bermuda Cedar ships at a much higher price.

My question is to whether the devs are planned to change some resources at some ports, because I'm opening production buildings at those ports and want to know if those ports are in the affected region. I wanted to build 2 production buildings in Montego Bay to produce iron and coal, but if the devs are planning to change those ports resources to something else, I would wait till resource changes are finalized and then build in those areas.

Exactly what advantage is Mahogany or Bermuda Cedar over Live Oak? Neither will be as good as live oak. We have one port which produces Mahogany situated on the far south border and likely to be taken early, one port which produces Cedar at Flatt's which we never retain. I would guess that we will not have either of these after a short while in game.

one port which produces Cedar at Flatt's which we never retain. I would guess that we will not have either of these after a short while in game.

I suppose with the new hostility system Flatts/Saint George is rather difficult to conquer. 

Btw, we have no Port that produces Mahagony, Live Oak & Bermuda Cedar.

I suppose with the new hostility system Flatts/Saint George is rather difficult to conquer. 

Btw, we have no Port that produces Mahagony, Live Oak & Bermuda Cedar.

But your ports can produce something else we can't.

Look at what kind of special resources you can craft which we cannot and use it to trade. I'm certain you will make a lot of money.

All these incentives are to help trading and create a traders market. The only complaint I have about this is the distances we need to sail and time being sunk into sailing from point A to B over long distances. At least I found something else to do while sailing all over the place.

But your ports can produce something else we can't.

Oak, Fir, Coal, Iron, Hemp, Pine. 

Wow. 

I am not complaining, i just found it funny that a Nation with 2 good, rare wood types think they have an unfair disadvantage. 

As a crafter getting resources to port was time consuming and fraut with peril before the patch, now its simply not worth it due to the huge time commitment to do something which is highly likely to enrich some scum pirate.