Game-Labs Forum

Alts for port battles activities - BAN WARNING

admin

Just now, rediii said:

No it was Liam who was rather inactive and slow and lazy to switch. It was real people. :) 

Yes danish clans were not allowed to defend the port.

Where is the alts involved in RvR in this?

Its all about the alt stuff, not taking ports with you after you changed nation. Where is the issue with this?

But you knew there were players who had not changed nation and would not defend the port. If you really wanted you would have closed down the clan and let the port go neutral before you flipped it, but you choose not to do that as there was a risk that you may not be the ones to get it. You played lose with the rules to get the port and you know it but because someone else also plays loose with the rules you do not like it and choose to differentiate it by saying it was an alt. 

Both cases are bad and should not have been allowed.

6 minutes ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

Some have been active after most Havoc left for Sweden. Think one ore 2 tried to buy poods in the danish. Once they actually got a kill and got on the leaderboard.

I know Pellew has an active alt in DK-NG he was trying to buy poods through.

Regardless - SJ to Sweden/Trux to Sweden. There is not really that big of a difference. As to using other nations to help raise host? - it has been ruled on before.

Nothing to see here.

Is it well-functioning mechanics? - no. Don't blame players for using the mechanics at their disposal - change the mechanics.

So far I've heard zero suggestions that would enable HAVOC to avoid the same punishment for San Juan, that they wish doled out to BASTD for Truxillo.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Before we go into the whole conundrum about how to prevent something I would like to ask - why is it so important for some clans to avoid healthy competition either through owning port bonus' or by trying to abuse the tribunal to avoid other clans to get into RvR?

Isn't there a problem when 1 player who buys into this game, same price as everyone else, is told that there's gameplay he can't/shouldn't not be allowed to participate in?

Friendslists removed PB abuse of alts, but - there should be a way for clans to do their own thing without being forced by the old priviledged clans.

I also fail to see how the fact that the clan that raised hostility may have been an alt has any bearing on the situation as I believed that this had previously been ruled on and as long as the alt did not deliberately let themselves be sunk or take other action to affect the hostility then it was allowed for a third nation to join in and assist in raising hostility. If the alt did nothing wrong then what does it matter if he is an alt. Your whole argument relies on the fact that it allegedly was an alt, but what if it was a clan that just wanted the port for themselves and were not friendly with HAVOC?

2 minutes ago, eneibesmuB said:

BASTD: Exploiting RvR by using an ALT account to keep the last chance to  control Truxillo.

HAVOC: Complete change of nations with main accounts. At the time, HAVOC was not under pressure to lose San Juan as BASTD is now

Wrong!! HAVOC were going to lose San Juan if they changed nation as you have to move all your stuff to neutral port before using forged papers and all possesions and buildings in nation would be lost. They knew this and took steps to keep the port.

5 minutes ago, Archaos said:

So you are transmitting information that you should not have been party to, I think that calls for a BAN. 🙂

You asked for a proof, upon delivering it you deny its existency because it shouldn't be seen

confirmed troll

Just now, Liq said:

You asked for a proof, upon delivering it you deny its existency because it shouldn't be seen

confirmed troll

One could argue the same for the very weak argument that San Juan should somehow be different from Truxillo.

Confirmed troll.

47 minutes ago, rediii said:

its different sorry. You might try your best to twist the facts as much as possible but in the end it's a swedish alt that was used to flip the port to sweden so it can't be attacked by sweden.

San Juan was flipped with swedish ships, no alts involved.

truxillo is swedish now. where is your problem? that you personally didn´t get it? you´d better look in "your" nation who helped here mr. fact-twister

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

try reading again

(but use your brain this time)

So far I think I've been the only one of us who has been emotionally detached from the subject under discussion.

If u can't have a mature discussion about the matter at hand without resorting to juvenile antics I suggest you go cool off and then come back when you're ready to have a sincere debate.

54 minutes ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

Damn thought I remember a Pb at shallow Russia vs Dutch. We where all in ts(you where still dk). Pretty sure you left the screening to help the dutch. Well I must remember wrong if you say so.

Trolling. Well that is an answer I Guess. As I hope you do State what you do belive is fact, so do I.

Alts is According to Stream to regard as a seperat account. Admin have stated that often.

Port Swaping is legal. That have admin said befor. Thats why SJ was According to rules.

There was a tribunal a bit back on Christondom on using alts in hostillity. Admin said it was legal, as long they didn’t fight in the same battle.

It is allowed to have help from other nations to do hostillity missions.

So witch rule is you think they have broken.

Since he who shall not be named was mentioned I felt I should reply.  I was indeed tribunal’d by a salty Brit clan that was upset over the octoflip and losing ports they tried to timer dodge for using an american alt character to legitimately generate hostility by sinking bots.  My Russian was safely tucked away up in Bermuda and it was ruled no harm, no foul.  

Alts being sunk for hostility generation have been not allowed for sometime.  I believe someone from Priv was actually punished in one the rare occasions where a tribunal post had a resolution. 

that said I personally see zero difference between what havoc did and what bastd has allegedly done.  Both re-secured their main crafting base in a new nation.  Both cheated out the former nation from providing a defense and losing all of their investments.   I’d be upset as a Dane or Brit in either situation.  

hopefully we get a definitive ruling on the outcome and this alt bullshit can end

Edited by Mouth of Sauron
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

Since he who shall not be named was mentioned I felt I should reply.  I was indeed tribunal’d by a salty Brit clan that was upset over the octoflip and losing ports they tried to timer dodge for using an american alt character to legitimately generate hostility by sinking bots.  My Russian was safely tucked away up in Bermuda and it was ruled no harm, no foul.  

Alts being sunk for hostility generation have been not allowed for sometime.  I believe someone from Priv was actually punished in one the rare occasions where a tribunal post had a resolution. 

that said I personally see zero difference between what havoc did and what bastd has allegedly done.  Both re-secured their main crafting base in a new nation.  Both cheated out the former nation from providing a defense and losing all of their investments.   I’d be upset as a Dane or Brit in either situation.  

hopefully we get a definitive ruling on the outcome and this alt bullshit can end

BASTD is actually changing nation? I can't find a single one in game that has made the switch. I guess maybe they are very very slow.

Anyone who played MMO games like Eve Online is aware that things like deception, spies, treachery etc are quite normal and part of the game experience (for example - https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/09/hilarious-spectacular-eve-betrayal-destroys-player-group-costs-trillions/).  Anyone who will try to prevent peoples imagination in that area will basically kill the game. Havoc was using that "tools" in the past (San Juan), Russians also and probably other nations. I don't see any reason why Brits can't.  If you can't win in open battle simply outsmart enemy in other way... 

Edited by BloodyRaven
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, BloodyRaven said:

Anyone who played MMO games like Eve Online is aware that things like deception, spies, treachery etc are quite normal and part of the game experience (for example - https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/09/hilarious-spectacular-eve-betrayal-destroys-player-group-costs-trillions/).  Anyone who will try to prevent peoples imagination in that area will basically kill the game. Havoc was using that "tools" in the past (San Juan), Russians also and probably other nations. I don't see any reason why Brits can't.  If you can't win in open battle simply outsmart enemy in other way... 

Absolutely right if you can't win in open battle exploit the shit of it ,that's how i improve,nay that's why i bought the game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Tac said:

Absolutely right if you can't win in open battle exploit the shit of it ,that's how i improve,nay that's why i bought the game.

Nobody cares why you've bought the game. It's open world game with politics, economy and all other shit. Your nation was using exploits in the past, so expect others to do the same. And if you want to fight in even battles go and find some simple multiplayer games 10vs10 or so... 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BloodyRaven said:

Nobody cares why you've bought the game. It's open world game with politics, economy and all other shit. Your nation was using exploits in the past, so expect others to do the same. And if you want to fight in even battles go and find some simple multiplayer games 10vs10 or so... 

did i mention even battles? You simply said if you can't win exploit, i simply said i didn't buy the game to expoit,i'm not mad because of the exploit why are you mad because you can't win in Ow battles or Port battles?

Edited by Tac