Game-Labs Forum

Alts for port battles activities - BAN WARNING

admin

Forgot to mention (thanks oldcrankyman for reminder)

We thought for a very long time of a system that will allow us to identify alts who are exploiting hostility mechanics Some systems involved counting surrenders and limiting surrenders after a certain limit, other systems were based on damage vs kills vs kills in other ares. Many ideas were discussed but they all affected normal players in one or another way.. After careful deliberations we did not want to limit gameplay of normal players (because all systems and limitations will limit normal people in some or another way).

So we have decided to just ban the bastards.

So the new rule starting now is. 

For the period of testing until release using alts to generating hostility is a bannable offence.

• Report a person who is an alt or was an alt 
  • Report a port that he was helping to get hostility on
  • His account will be investigated and if he is found to be exploiting the mechanics he will get banned from the game until release.
  • His most active trading partner accounts will also be investigated and might be cleared from assets if they are his only trading partners.

Report the alts to any mods (especially Ink) and here in the tribunal. 

Identify potential time of the abuse, name, nation, region name. If you have screenshots it will speed up the things.

Little confused.... Does this only apply if the "bastards" are pvping against their alts, or does it apply if a main and his "bastard" are say doing trading missions for the same country?

Banning the character or the whole steam account?

access to game until release. After release it will be unlocked with the hope that the person was reformed or lost interest. 

only valve can ban a steam account.

• Like 6

I wanted to ask the admin a question about a situation that developed over the weekend. 

I player on PvP2 has at least 1 alt account, and the name on the accounts are all very similar.  I was having fun in enemy waters over the weekend and I decided to follow a fleet of SoL in my 4th rate as they were headed to a mission to, I believe, generate hostility against France.  They turn to engage me, but alas, my ship is much faster than theirs.  This particular person used his alt account and sailed out of the free port I was trying to get to so he could pull me and the rest of the fleet into battle while at the same time being in the chasing fleet behind me. 

I told the person that what he did was a ban-able offense and that if it happened again I would report them, but I am really not sure, so I decided to ask. 

Is this a ban-able offense? 

Edited by Ultravis
  • Like 1

I wanted to ask the admin a question about a situation that developed over the weekend. 

I player on PvP2 has at least 1 alt account, and the name on the accounts are all very similar.  I was having fun in enemy waters over the weekend and I decided to follow a fleet of SoL in my 4th rate as they were headed to a mission to, I believe, generate hostility against France.  They turn to engage me, but alas, my ship is much faster than theirs.  This particular person used his alt account and sailed out of the free port I was trying to get to so he could pull me and the rest of the fleet into battle while at the same time being in the chasing fleet behind me. 

I told the person that what he did was a ban-able offense and that if it happened again I would report them, but I am really not sure, so I decided to ask. 

Is this a ban-able offense? 

The thread we started about the bans only covers mass surrenders by using alts to gain hostility points. All other issues should be reviewed on a case by case basis if enough evidence is provided.

• Like 1

edited the post

to resonate with wider audience.

Us7piaK.jpg

Ok first good for banning of alts at least for one thing. I THINK all alts should be banned because it just ruins the game for people playing as the game was intended.

Second ihave to say i like the paper showing the strength of Ronald Reagan vs that puddle of goo and can only conclude you must be a decent guy. Lol.

Can I like this 100X?! Just play the damn game. You. Alone. With one character.

Wishi could have clicked like about 100x on your quot.

• Like 1

Хм..а вот есть такая ситуация:

Стоит флот в ожидании выходяших из миссии, флот в группе, в ней есть альт тех кто сидит в скрине. Как только флот выходит, альт закидывает всех в миссию или эпик ивент. Такие случаи под это подходят?

Upd.

По описанию не подходят, но у меня бомбит.

Edited by Dekillos

Хм..а вот есть такая ситуация:

Стоит флот в ожидании выходяших из миссии, флот в группе, в ней есть альт тех кто сидит в скрине. Как только флот выходит, альт закидывает всех в миссию или эпик ивент. Такие случаи под это подходят?

Upd.

По описанию не подходят, но у меня бомбит.

У spanish town'а против 17 пиратов сегодня(уже вчера) бойня у вас была. Речь об этом? (Индефэтэйгбл, заход на миссию к Беллоне и т.д.)

Ok first good for banning of alts at least for one thing. I THINK all alts should be banned because it just ruins the game for people playing as the game was intended.

Second ihave to say i like the paper showing the strength of Ronald Reagan vs that puddle of goo and can only conclude you must be a decent guy. Lol.

Wishi could have clicked like about 100x on your quot.

IMHO banning all alts would be detrimental to the community in that some of those alts are being used to run trading accounts which supply the economy which many other players need as they don't have the time or the inclination to sail for 2 plus hours just to collect resources to build materials to build ships.

Not every alt is used for nefarious reasons.

• Like 5

IMHO banning all alts would be detrimental to the community in that some of those alts are being used to run trading accounts which supply the economy which many other players need as they don't have the time or the inclination to sail for 2 plus hours just to collect resources to build materials to build ships.

Wait hold on a second.

1 : You use an alt to rob another nation of their supplies at a rate greater than using the game mechanic intended (Smuggler flag) with no chance that nation can stop you.

2 : You probably sell those goods to your nation at a profit

3 : They use those goods to build ships

4 : They probably use those ships to sink players from the Nation you used the alt to steal from.

5 : Not every alt is used for nefarious reasons is incorrect in fact back in the day probably a hanging offence ,sounds like a pirate mechanic to me. :)

See can be looked at as a sort of cheat also so can go both ways especially if multiple players are doing it to a very small nation and robbing it to the point that nation hasn't the resources or parts to sustain its own nation due to alt theft.

Something to consider maybe ?

• Like 2

alts are allowed in game as steam not us controls your rights to use several steam accounts. 

using alt for port battles hostility generation using surrender mechanics is not allowed

Wait hold on a second.

1 : You use an alt to rob another nation of their supplies at a rate greater than using the game mechanic intended (Smuggler flag) with no chance that nation can stop you.

4 : They probably use those ships to sink players from the Nation you used the alt to steal from.

5 : Not every alt is used for nefarious reasons is incorrect in fact back in the day probably a hanging offence ,sounds like a pirate mechanic to me. :)

See can be looked at as a sort of cheat also so can go both ways especially if multiple players are doing it to a very small nation and robbing it to the point that nation hasn't the resources or parts to sustain its own nation due to alt theft.

actually my alt is in the same nation as my main I would never place an alt I foreign nations to take their resources I do that by capturing their traders..

1) I use my alt to farm resources for my nation in our ports/friendly ports

2) nope all resources I farm are used for the betterment of my nation / clan at no cost to the clan, I don't sell resources.

3) I use those goods to build ships.

4) indeed a very astute plan this is a war game is it not?

5) Back in the day I would of had labourers aka alts to do it for me or as was the norm in the caribe an slaves(alt).

Edited by Llewellyn Jones RN
  • Like 2

Wait hold on a second.

Just for sake of precision: point 1 is not correct, since ingame resources are unlimited and produced on a time basis algorithm (so if you add one player to the faction he does not subtract resources to the other players of faction). This takes away from the game the very reason why, in real life, it is generallly prohibited cross nation trade when a war is on.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

1. Banning them for using alts not a viable means to an end as i see it whats stopping them from making a second account on there PC using the family sharing function on steam to then make a new identity on naval action and then doing it that way.

Conclusion: you banned that account which is a dud now they simply go make a new one and repeat the process.

2. i know of a few clans who have major issues with some other clans so whats stopping them from fabricating the evidence.

Conclusion: the developer's have now just banned some poor soul who has done nothing and will now go and wright a real horrible review of the game for such an action. example go to GTA V on steam and look at the revews and its overal ratings, look at whats its problem grand example there.

3. By making this post you have now just leaked vital information of there conduct to insurgents on the site of some of these alt which will relay the information to there superiors and in turn force them to alter there pro-seduces.

Conclusion: They will only include there alts and exclude outsider's on such incident's.

Finale conclusion: this method to attempt to control this situation is in fact flawed and as such should be scrubbed as in fact as i put in conclusion to issue number 2 it can sink a game if this is to pass and as i know human nature it will happen as i put forth.

and to

victor

in regards as to how

Llewellyn Jones RN

uses his alt

Yes the resources are unlimited however you only get 5 buildings to acquire resources from therefore you have only 5 types of resources to choose from i knew a player who had multi alts in order to have all resources

in order to benefit every one in his nation amusing if they could pay for it and so it does reach other players of other nations [if desired] or [more desired] of many of factions inside a nation which intern promotes war efforts of that nation or other nations if is the target of such action. as even back in those times there were those who traded to both sided of Waring nations and also took sides and supplied them to destabilize regions and country's.

Example: Say the French nation [if at all possible to define the French as a nation in] managed to say crush the danish nation [if at all possible in there state] he could then technically make a few contracts with the leading factions within the Danish nation to supply them with the needed supply's to therefore crush the French nation [which would actually be very easy] and therefore be payed for his service he could even be a french captain [if you could stomach working for the French] which he could also double deal hen's choosing the danish nation over the French nation [best thing that would ever happen {despite he would be a french captain to start}] to therefore turn a profit and keep turning a profit by strengthening the enemy. Back in those times you would normally fly other colors in order to do such an action, he could also take one more step and make a double profit by selling to the French nation [assuming if the French could pay which they probable can't] therefore double deal to both sides to keep the nations destabilized and continue returning a profit and then sail away with pride as he has just made a large profit that thereticaly wont end.

i also knew people who used alts of other nations to both flood and drain other nations to therefore reassign power to another nation while crippling another PvP 2 USA has had this happen where there market has been both drained and prices on all good's were both worthless [to sell] and overly expensive [to buy] for any one to manage to do anything hen's the other means of victory

Edited by Captain Pickle
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In the  Denmark - Norge vs USA Port Battle Savannah on Nov 26th, 2016.  We had a couple of alts players who jumped into the USA side.  One player (Happy9768) on a Cerebus was a definitely a enemy alt. just trying lower our numbers with his ship.  Not only did he take a valuable slot, but he started ramming all USA players.  Listened to video an Danish team (Russians) were laughing about it, but since I do not speak Russian do not understand what they were saying.  Happy9768 was an definitely there to disrupt and if this continues this will destroy gameplay for all players and all port battles on Naval Action.  The other player who jumped in was Merovergian on a Bellona and this player was thought to be another Alt. placed onto our side to take up a valuable slot, but was less obvious and could have been a USA player, but no one knew him which makes it questionable.  If you do not punish player alts for changing outcomes of Port battles this will grow.  This player should be BANNED and all his Alts. Banned!  Furthermore, if found this is one of the players that was on other side of Denmark - Norge fighting in port battle or associated with clans involved in port battle, then the Port battle should be consider invalid for reasons of cheating and the Port should be considered lost by the Denmark.  Here is a link to video of Port battle.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e55B4TcOHw

2016-11-29 (3).png

Edited by BSFixer
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, BSFixer said:

Listened to video an Danish team (Russians) were laughing about it, but since I do not speak Russian do not understand what they were saying.

They were discussing three versions of who it (Happy9768) could be:

1) a brander ship;

2) a Danish alt;

3) a casual player.

Initially they thought it was a brander but someone pointed to his rank and then other versions were discussed. They had started laughing when saw Bellona, I think simply because it was the last straw.

• Like 2

to me doesn't look like much of a difference as to him being an alt how do we know could have be some jo shmo who jumped in the video to me looks a little bit staged but who knows i say let the fight begin n kill or be killed not like ramming in those tall ships is effective anyways hell i played demo derby with my 2nd rate lots you don't here me complaining do ya.

If fake players are used to upset the game-balance by impersonating other countries and entering PBs to fuck up that side, then the PB should be made invalid, the player banned and anyone found involved as well.

This is called "cheating" and needs to be stamped out violently.

I don't care if 100+ players are banned for complicity - this kind of behavior is dangerous to the existence of NA.

Edited by Guenwhyvar
  • Like 2

That just happens too often being just random new players to be souspicius.

5 hours ago, sruPL said:

For Black River THE FIRST player from whole fleet to join was a Trincomalee without clan, never seen player before. No one knew him, he did not answer to friendly questions in chat. It just looked like an alt to me. No one knows him or seen before, he has no clan, low rank, did not say a single word in chat.

• Like 1